The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday, December 30th, 2023

kazu

Today is Nattional Bacon Day, National Resolution Planning Day, and Festival of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute

What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives haven't even happened yet. -- Anne Frank

Meal Suggestion for today - Goat Cheese And Tangelo Winter Salad With Creamy D
Drink of the Day - Buttershots Old Fashioned
Wine of the Day - Stone Bay Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Port Blair, South Andaman Island, India

Today in History:
1460 Wars of the Roses: Battle of Wakefield (Northern England), Duke of York killed and his forces soundly defeated by forces for King Henry VI
1924 Astronomer Edwin Hubble formally announces existence of other galactic systems at meeting of the American Astronomical Society
1953 The first ever NTSC color television sets go on sale for about USD at $1,175 each from RCA.

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Ocho Rios, Jamaica 08:00 - 16:00 

Koningsdam

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii Island 08:00 - 18:00 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 17:00 

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Ushuaia, Argentina eta 12-31

Rotterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 09:00 - 17:00 

Volendam

Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, Mexico Riviera 12:00 - 18:00 

Zaandam

Oranjestad Aruba, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 20:00 

Zuiderdam

Puerto Limon, Costa Rica 07:30 - 16:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Sydney, NSW Australia 00:00 - 23:59 

Westerdam

Nha Trang, Vietnam 09:00 - 18:00

IMG_1899.thumb.jpeg.6453ff8c907a9da0af33bb56ddd2e5fa.jpeg

IMG_1900.thumb.jpeg.a08bd814283ed2f7ace56a37e461d9a3.jpeg

• Like 22
  • Thanks 16

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

Dfish (Debbie) recovering from hernia repair surgery 

Seagarsmoker recovering from the flu

Nickelpenny having pain with walking

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

RMLincoln’s DH with glaucoma issues, medication allergy

HAL Sailer’s DH with medical issues

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP 

RMLincoln hopefully closing on MD condo

Ottahand7 driving toward FLL

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

4 days for Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam Jan 3 to May 11) 128d Grand World Voyage

4 days for Ottahand7 (Eurodam Jan 3 to Feb 24) B2B2B2B2B Caribbean

4 days for Cruising-along (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

4 days for Durangoscots (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

4 days for cruising sister (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

4 days for Cruisercl (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

6 days for Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC Jan 5 to June 9) 156d World Voyage

7 days for Suslor (Westerdam Jan 6 to Feb 3) 28d Philippines, Malaysia & Far East Collector + (Westerdam Feb 3 to Feb 17) 14d China & Japan

Nickelpenny (Zuiderdam to Jan 3, Panama Canal Sunfarer Holiday), St Pete Cruiser(Zaandam to Jan 4, Southern Caribbean Holiday), Ichiban Nekko (Rotterdam to Jan 5, B2B, Western/Tropical Caribbean), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935(Koningsdam to Jan 6, Circle Hawaii Holiday), GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Jan 6, Circle Hawaii Holiday), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer))and Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, 12d Mexico & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Cruise)

• Like 22
  • Thanks 14

Good morning friends!  Today it is 35F and cloudy with a forecast of 45 and partly cloudy skies later today.  Thanks Jacqui @kazu for posting the Fleet Report and Daily for Rich @richwmn.  

Hmmm.  Bacon day? 🥓 I wouldn't mind some bacon at all but don't expect any.  If you want to make some resolutions for 2024 now is the time to plan them!  The third day is too long to repeat.  To me the quote sounds hopeful.  I guess the meal suggestion refers to creamy dressing but I can't say I'd go to the trouble to make it.  No thanks to the drink of the day but I'd try the sauvignon blanc.   So many things happened on this date in history!  LOL!  Thanks Tina @0106, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for explaining the food and beverages for us!

Prayers said already this a.m. for our Care list people.  May you all find comfort, healing, and less or no pain in the days ahead.  Prayers also for the people of Israel and Ukraine along with the hostages still held and our military in danger in the area.  Prayers too for DB and friends in need.🙏  Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list and the long list of cruisers and the many heading to their ships.  Safe travels, and smooth seas as well.🚢🎉  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for maintaining the lists each day!  ❤️

The port today is Port Blair, South Andaman Island, India.  This is a first time showing for it.  Therefore no links, and since I haven't been no photos from me.  I'll make up for that with today's Antarctica travelogue.  😀

Have a great Saturday everyone!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Thanks for the Report.

A light dusting of snow overnight, things look very pretty.  No need to shovel, yet.

An interesting collection of days.  I like peameal back bacon.  I don't make resolutions.  I love the Festival of Enormous Changes at the Last Minute.  If it wasn't for the last minute, a lot of things would never get done.

Inspiring quote.

The meal sounds good, I'd probably order it in a restaurant.  I'm sure the drink and wine are wonderful too.

Prayers for everyone.  I hope there are lots of celebrations.

Have a great day.  Stay safe.

• Like 31

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa, Tina, Dixie, and Ann.  I don't plan to make any resolutions or enormous changes.  I love bacon but eat it very sparingly as it is not good for me.

Anne Frank's quote is a monument to her incredible strength.

I have not been to Port Blair.

Being from the home of the Hubble telescope his announcement is my favorite of the days in history, but I also appreciate color television.

I'll pass on the meal.  My alternative is Chilled Mixed Berry Soup and Broiled NY Striploin as served on MS Ryndam December 30, 2014.

Roy

• Like 36

As we prepare to enter 2024, it’s time to make a fresh start, to tackle those New Year's resolutions. One of the top things on most of our lists is to try to eat a little healthier. So what better way to start the year than with a fresh goat cheese and tangelo winter salad with creamy dressing? Tangelos are a winter citrus fruit that, depending on where you live, are in season between December and February, peaking in January. So you should be able to start spotting these at your local grocery store. Tangelos might look like an orange, but they have a much more sour taste, which is not surprising given that they are a hybrid of tangerines and grapefruit.

Goat Cheese and Tangelo Winter Salad - Ahead of Thyme Sweet, tangy goat cheese offers a creamy contrast that pairs with and plays off the tangelos amazingly well. They're paired together with crunchy, thinly sliced radishes that add a pop of color as well as a slightly spicy bite, which is why a creamy dressing works really wonders here. What I love about a salad is that they are completely customizable. You can switch up the greens, the fruit and the dressing and you have something completely different. You can also add some protein to this tangelo winter salad.

QBhTSVFyXzS-71pvMu4eOapE62odi4t5TkJFS6ly

Arugula Citrus Salad This tangy arugula citrus salad with a quick grapefruit vinaigrette is a simple, refreshing side dish. The recipe combines arugula (or any lettuce) with orange and grapefruit wedges. It incorporates orange juice and grapefruit juice in a tangy vinaigrette, the perfect blend of sweet and savory. The crumbled goat cheese adds a touch of creaminess, while the pink pepper deliciously contrasts the sweetness of the oranges. 

vy8WqJrCAUy-mpk5xo18wtOOyBGcG5Afxk-snyGF

Winter Goat Cheese Salad with Orange Vinaigrette This winter goat cheese salad with fresh orange slices and pomegranate seeds is a nutritious way to add some color to the colder months. The contrast between the creamy, tangy goat cheese and the crunchy roasted hazelnuts is complemented by the orange vinaigrette.

clfwsnBdnc4iKk-TDmWRi0qeQH1iTMwkonHGQVwrSending you peace, health and all good wishes.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 16

Thank you Jacqui!  Hope you and Ivan are able to stay safe through the storm. 

Very happy to hear Debbie’s surgeon say it couldn’t have gone better!  Yes, Amazing!  Great job done by Debbie and her Care Team!  Time to behave and heal up well!  

Relieved with Roy that he has no more to deal with than was already on his plate. 

I’m happy to say that we have a Done Deal with selling our Maryland condo. May the new owners enjoy it!  

We had hoped to talk with our honeymooners last night but they texted that they were feeling sick, must have picked up something either on the ship or plane. Maybe we’ll catch up soon, I’m eager to hear about how the cruise we gave them as a wedding present went- groom’s first cruise!  Of course, granddaughter has been on multiple cruises with us. Other granddaughter and husband plan to visit us tomorrow!  I’m excited!  They are always such a lift and the reason we’re living here now, closer to them. They have busy lives but they make time for us, such a huge blessing in my life to have such loving step-grandchildren!  (She has said to me that to her I’m not really a step-grandma, You’ve been our grandma our whole life!  True, and so sweet to hear!). 

DH is managing, so I am too!  Getting ready to turn the page on a difficult year, count our blessings and keep moving forward. 

Blessings to all the Care list, all in pain, struggling with illness, seeking guidance, healing, comfort or hope!  
Cheers to all celebrating, Life is Good 🌈 

Smooth travels to all away- enjoy the change of scenery and get home safely and well!  Nancy, @ottahand7 I expect you’ll be warmer tonight in Alabama, safe travels!  

Loving your pictures @Nicklepenny Penni! Especially the moonrise, night lights of Williamstad and the Panama Canal locks, always a treat!  Hard for me to realize we were there just last December!  Really? Feels like a decade ago!  
Maureen 

Edited by RMLincoln
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 3

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! It is nippy for Florida this morning. Just 39 here when Bindi & I headed out - but at least yesterday’s strong winds were gone! The sun is rising, so hopefully that will help. 

IMG_2299.jpeg.8726b8e9427f0068eb39ec4589a524ff.jpeg

Vanessa, thank you for keeping up with us! Praying that you soon have a firm path towards pain relief. 

Gym, Bindi walks, meal prep & other chores will keep me busy. We will definitely eat inside this evening. I have teed up Bottleshock for us to watch - none of my wine loving friends have ever seen it!

IMG_2189.jpeg.95e93fc4495bdb827e40cb7b8bb9b3d0.jpeg

IMG_2120.jpeg.452c1f92d4c080bd0c111a16a55c8095.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg.c9f57627ef40d70b6aa5b6d4ae3d3383.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Those suffering from pain or conditions that prevent them from fully enjoying life, and those grieving a loss of a loved one. Thinking of you & Tana, Terry.

Cheers to all who are celebrating. @RMLincoln Maureen congratulations on closing on the condo! One less worry. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Stone Bay Sauvignon Blanc 2022

Another lovely sounding New Zealand SB. I used the 2022 vintage info, since that should be the easiest to find. Lots of distributors and priced to try. Online prices start at $11.99.

Distributor notes

New Zealand is renowned for many things, foremost environment and the relationship between the people, the land and our wines. Toi Toi takes its cue from these relationships creating wines with flavor, body, and character that are perfect for every occasion. Toi Toi wines are "Inspired by Nature".

Region: Marlborough

Winery: Toi Toi

Grape Variety: Sauvignon Blanc

Vintage: 2022

Tasting Notes: Pale straw green hues and sublime aromas of gooseberry, citrus, dried herbs, and hints of passionfruit. The palate is fruit-driven with delightful herbal and citrus flavors.

Edited by cat shepard
The distributor notes were off. Way off!
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 6

Good early early morning for me,

I was up and out of bed at 4AM. Sleep was alluding me. I will need to get up at 3:30 AM tomorrow so go to bed extra early tonight. I should be tired. I went through my checked and carry on luggage to see what I could take out and found very little. I packed a lot of disposable stuff so I will have room  to bring back souvenirs. Due to my OCD trip planning I have two plane reservations with miles and need to cancel one. Of course, I can’t make up my mind on which one!  I will feel much better once I make it to San Diego. 

it seems odd not to be traveling without a broken toe or hand surgery rehab!  I hope we all make it through the cruise with no mishaps. 

Prayers for all in need. Have a great day. 

• Like 34

Continuing today with my Antarctica travelogue from Dec. 30, 2016 – Torgerson Island

December 30, 2016 found us at Torgerson Island in the Bismarck Strait.  During the night I awoke and peeped out the curtains to see how the sky looked at 1:14 am.  This is my photo taken through the glass doors.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

First sights in the morning were of a sunny day and of the Palmer Station, a United States Research Station located on this peninsula.

We had a mid-morning time slot to go sightseeing in the Zodiac that day.  Team white lining up after donning our boots.

Here comes one of the earlier teams back from their scenic cruising of Torgerson Island and Palmers Research Station.

This is what it looks like in a Zodiac, as we listened to our Expedition Team member who drove us around that day.

I love looking at blue icebergs, especially on a sunny day.

And a piece of glacier ice melting in a unique shape.

How about this group of seals sunning on a huge piece of ice?  One of them was smiling at us!

What about this cutie?  This photo was taken from the video given to us.

His extended family was back at home on shore.

More of the views on this scenic cruising day. Yes, that’s an iceberg in the back.

Seals on shore

Some lucky folks went kayaking which is an extra charge by the way.  Almost everything was included on this cruise but not kayaking.  Since I wasn't in a kayak this photo came from the video provided at the end of the cruise.  Love the penguin watching the kayakers!!

Arriving back at the ship we were told there was a group of humpbacks net feeding krill near the ship.  My photos:

This one shows the expert photographer doing his job

And the expert photographer's photos:

Continued on next post.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Torgerson Island continued...

The sunny skies continued and at 5:30 we were all invited on deck for our Caviar and Champagne on Ice party (but if you preferred Vodka, they had plenty of that on ice).  And by ice I mean blocks of ice with holes drilled in them large enough to hold the bottles.

My beverage of choice - champagne!  DH enjoyed the caviar and vodka.

And here we are enjoying ourselves with the sunshine and the beautiful scenery all around us.  We were in the Neumayer Channel and the water was calm.  Glancing over the sides you would see ice chunks with seals and penguins on them floating by.

No wildlife in this photo but it showed what the water looked like there.

Suddenly we heard the ship's horn sound and we went to the rails to see what was going on.  Coming along on our port side towards us was the Holland America Zaandam!!  We could see passengers along the rails checking us out, the same as we were checking them out.  I held up my champagne glass and saluted our fellow Antarctica sailors.  It was very exciting! 

Here is a photo of our meet up from the drone.

And you will find this hard to believe but a fellow Cruise Critic member, Boris Federer, sent me a photo he took of the Quest from the Zaandam that day as we passed in the channel.  Actually it looks like they were well past us in this shot.  But so nice of him to do that.

After the party broke up the blocks of ice were tossed into the pool.  Had to keep the temperature cold enough for our Polar Plunge coming up on New Year's Day! 

Couldn't ask for better weather, or more fun!

• Like 19
  • Thanks 10

Happy Eve before New Years Eve everyone.  Great collection of days!  I will celebrate bacon day with some back bacon (Canadian bacon).  It’s pricey but I treated myself. 😉 Both Resolution and Enormous Changes are good to do if you can do it.

Anne Frank is truly inspirational as is her quote.  I need an attitude more like hers.  @0106 thanks for the recipes.  I LOVE tangelos.  They aren’t fresh here of course, but we do get them here.  they were a fave of DD DH.  And YAY on the  New Zealand white wine 👏 Important day in history with Henry VI’s victory.

IMG_1799.thumb.jpeg.dd3be829c62a28b4436287ad0f406867.jpeg

Well, one storm down - one to go.  The Bay of Fundy often plays havoc with our weather making storms last longer and hang around - but it can also be our saving grace.  And, happy to say, this time it was.  We did not get anywhere near the ice that was called for and that hit the rest of Southern New Brunswick.  Mostly rain until the end and looking at the driveway, my Ice prevention worked 👏. I ordered 2 cases from Costco.

IMG_1817.thumb.jpeg.d88df9c53f34338e2336acfabffdac39.jpeg

Now the second storm comes - the snow moves in - a lot of Southern NB will be pummelled.  It appears that the Bay of Fundy may be kind again and we will get less than the rest 🤞  Nevertheless, I won’t be going anywhere today unless the streets are safe for Ivan and I.  Time will tell. 

IMG_1351.thumb.jpeg.b7b0cbb0253c692398325649a01b3792.jpeg

Thanks to Vanessa and F & B contributors - Ann, Dixie & Tina and all of our contributors.  Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, grieving, health issues, pain, worries & those who need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1836.thumb.jpeg.1915cf679a1a080e93a1e78626a97572.jpeg

Have a great Saturday everyone.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

Good morning Daily-ites, 

Another great start to our day on beautiful Rotterdam 

Slept like a baby last night. The hall runners and door slammer must have gotten off in Florida yesterday. Little monsters... lol

On our way again to HMC. Looks like a good day for a visit.

Our MDR manager said we are at 2900 on board this week! I have 3 books left to read til Jan 14th, so that will help keep me busy, and I can always find a quiet nook to read.

Thank you Graham for the information on the days. I agree, Dear Anne was robbed of what she hoped her future held.

Thankful for Debbie's great news on her surgery.

Roy I'm keeping you in my prayer book. You've been there since before your brother died.

Prayers for Tana and family, Vanessa, Nickelpenny, Sandi's family and friends, @seagarsmoker, and Baby Murphy. It was so sweet to see her picture. She's really growing. 

Just about to rouse my sweetheart to go for coffee and breakfast, so y'all have a wonderful day. God bless!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Torgerson Island continued...

The sunny skies continued and at 5:30 we were all invited on deck for our Caviar and Champagne on Ice party (but if you preferred Vodka, they had plenty of that on ice).  And by ice I mean blocks of ice with holes drilled in them large enough to hold the bottles.

My beverage of choice - champagne!  DH enjoyed the caviar and vodka.

And here we are enjoying ourselves with the sunshine and the beautiful scenery all around us.  We were in the Neumayer Channel and the water was calm.  Glancing over the sides you would see ice chunks with seals and penguins on them floating by.

No wildlife in this photo but it showed what the water looked like there.

Suddenly we heard the ship's horn sound and we went to the rails to see what was going on.  Coming along on our port side towards us was the Holland America Zaandam!!  We could see passengers along the rails checking us out, the same as we were checking them out.  I held up my champagne glass and saluted our fellow Antarctica sailors.  It was very exciting! 

Here is a photo of our meet up from the drone.

And you will find this hard to believe but a fellow Cruise Critic member, Boris Federer, sent me a photo he took of the Quest from the Zaandam that day as we passed in the channel.  Actually it looks like they were well past us in this shot.  But so nice of him to do that.

After the party broke up the blocks of ice were tossed into the pool.  Had to keep the temperature cold enough for our Polar Plunge coming up on New Year's Day! 

Couldn't ask for better weather, or more fun!

Exceptional photos Sandi.

Pauline loves shopping so we will never visit a lot of the ports you have been to but I find everything Geography related extremely interesting and I personally appreciate your photos and the time and effort it takes to share for other people's benefit.

Graham.

• Like 20

Good morning from the Zuiderdam off the coast of Costa Rica. Three good days to celebrate, especially resolution and change. The meal I love but would skip the drink and wine. Never been to the port (I have only been to New Delhi). What a profound quote. The history dates have us some true innovations. 

IMG_3629.thumb.jpeg.7b66a82fa0d9619454e0cd26b9f37c18.jpeg

I made it through yesterday with such excitement watching us go through the canal. What an amazing wonder of the new world. Did get off for a hot second in Colon. Today I have a private excursion and I am hoping that things go well. Took my Tylenol and ibuprofen so I am keeping my fingers crossed that will get me through the day. Plus I think the steroid injection has helped with the pain on the left so I am wanting to get it for the right. It hasn’t helped the numbness though. 

IMG_3610.thumb.jpeg.76340dfdd0f6b849808d8be13ad53d0b.jpeg

Thoughts for those on the care list and cheers for those celebrating. 

Have a great day everyone!

IMG_3619.thumb.jpeg.ec294bc5400d6d1854eb6a7711f61d49.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

Good Saturday morning. Thanks for the daily and Fleet reports. 

Cold and cloudy today. I will be doing some work reorganizing my pantry and basement. Yesterday was awesome because I brought an Instant pot to help make meals quickly during the upcoming work week. I had a wonderful meal of chicken and potatoes cooked in 7 minutes. Change and resolutions for the upcoming year are to be kinder to myself. Eating better and reducing stress are my number one priority. 

Thinking of all on the care list.

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.e388aaada67be25085605b6fb94d48f2.png

• Like 23
  • Haha 6

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  The kids let me sleep until 6 this morning.  This morning we had ham omelettes but I’m sure we will have bacon over the weekend.  Today’s agenda will include a trip to Aldi.  I’m considering subscribing to Disney Plus, I’m missing the Dr Who episodes.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

One of my favorite pieces of art on the Rotterdam.

67994DA6-87CA-4C84-ACC3-F0458CAE7076.thumb.jpeg.49876f4b45dc981d3a9f332bbdb64ddf.jpeg

• Like 31

What an amazing coincidence today's daily is when I read Jacqui's first post.  I had decided to make an enormous change today and make my Resolutions today instead of waiting for January 1st.  The only one that I have come up with so far is to eat more bacon.  Hopefully more will come to me before the day is over.  

• Like 14
  • Haha 18

Good morning.it will be in the forties today and cloudy but at least the rain has stopped. I like  all of the days although I have no particular plans for “enormous changes at the last minute”. The salad sounds good to me and I have not been to the port.

Our mini smorgasbord was a hit with our guest and she asked if I knew how to make gumbo. We decided to make gumbo later today and I will supervise  and assist our teenage couple. They are doing the grocery shopping later. I have not made this dish since DH died and I guess there has to be a first time. I can relate to @kazu, Jacqui  making  prime rib for the first time since her DD DH passed  the other day.

We are hoping to have our aide back next week . I get a lot of help from the other family members but it is hard to keep the household running without her.

@dfish, Debbie, I hope the meds helped with the pain. I am glad that you got home so quickly and that it all went well.

@RMLincoln, Maureen, hooray for the official condo sale! I hope both of you are doing well today.

Take care everyone 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites, 

Another great start to our day on beautiful Rotterdam 

Slept like a baby last night. The hall runners and door slammer must have gotten off in Florida yesterday. Little monsters... lol

On our way again to HMC. Looks like a good day for a visit.

Our MDR manager said we are at 2900 on board this week! I have 3 books left to read til Jan 14th, so that will help keep me busy, and I can always find a quiet nook to read.

Thank you Graham for the information on the days. I agree, Dear Anne was robbed of what she hoped her future held.

Thankful for Debbie's great news on her surgery.

Roy I'm keeping you in my prayer book. You've been there since before your brother died.

Prayers for Tana and family, Vanessa, Nickelpenny, Sandi's family and friends, @seagarsmoker, and Baby Murphy. It was so sweet to see her picture. She's really growing. 

Just about to rouse my sweetheart to go for coffee and breakfast, so y'all have a wonderful day. God bless!

I'm glad to hear you got more sleep last night with a quieter crowd on board.  I had to laugh out loud when I read your description of the hall runners and door slammers!  Thank you for your continuing prayers!

58 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Exceptional photos Sandi.

Pauline loves shopping so we will never visit a lot of the ports you have been to but I find everything Geography related extremely interesting and I personally appreciate your photos and the time and effort it takes to share for other people's benefit.

Graham.

Thank you Graham!  The only shopping experience in Antarctica is coming up soon but I doubt it would suffice for a serious shopper!  The beauty of the scenery and the wildlife there make up for that IMO.  I hope you enjoy the remainder of my visit there and in the South Georgia Islands immediately afterward.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

Good morning. Another cold morning with temperature at 36 and wind chill makes it feel like 32.

Another enjoyable morning of sleeping in.

Got many of my little chores done yesterday of prepping the house and getting ready for our housesitters.

Maybe I need another cup of coffee to figure out what else I need to do besides a load of clothes.

Vanessa you sure put a lot of time and work in keeping the Care/Celebration List up to date

.Thanks to all who keep the Daily interesting and running.

Enjoy your weekend and upcoming New Year. Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 13