The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday, January 1st, 2024 - Happy New Year!

kazu

Today is Ellis Island Day, Euro Day, and First Foot Day

Sleep is good, he said, and books are better.--George R. R. Martin

Meal Suggestion for today - Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Drink of the Day - Birthday Cake
Wine of the Day - Castello Bonomi 2016 CruPerdu Grande Annata Extra Brut White (Franciacorta)
Destination of the Day - Osaka, Japan

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Cozumel, Quintana Roo Mexico, Riviera Maya 13:00 - 21:00 

Koningsdam

At sea destination Ensenada, Baja California Mexico 00:00 - 23:59 

Nieuw Amsterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 07:00 - 15:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Castries, St Lucia Island 08:00 - 17:00 

Oosterdam

Punta Arenas, Chile Antarctica 10:00 - 22:00 

Rotterdam

Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caicos 08:00 - 17:00 

Volendam

At sea destination San Diego, California 00:00 - 23:59 

Zaandam

Ocho Rios, Jamaica 07:00 - 19:00 

Zuiderdam

at sea destination Bimini Islands, Resorts World Bimini Bahamas, Bailey Town 00:00 - 23:59 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Sydney, NSW Australia 18:30 

Westerdam

Da Nang, Hue, Vietnam 07:00 - 23:59

IMG_1915.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Thanks 20

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!!  Said at 12:05 because of the fireworks.  Happy New Year friends.

Birthday Cake cocktial:

Ingredients
3 oz Caruva Horchata Cream Liqueur Available at Total Wine
2 oz Licor 43
3 oz Pineapple Juice
4-5 ice cubes for the shaker
additional ice for glass
Frosting + Sprinkles

Instructions
With a knife smear frosting on the glass' rim. In the shallow plate pour sprinkles and coat the glass rim. Set Aside. In the cocktail shaker add Horchata Cream Liqueur, Licor 43 and Pineapple Juice. Shake Vigorously until it's frothy. Add ice to the two short glasses and pour cocktail mixture.

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 7.27.04 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 17

Posted (edited)

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!  Good morning friends and Happy 2024!  I went to bed at 10:30 last night (DH was already fast asleep there) and didn't hear any of the fireworks I thought I'd hear.  I got a pretty good night's sleep I'd say.  A good beginning to the new year.  Since yesterday's tree light issues kept me from getting anywhere on my cross stitch work, I'd better work doubly hard today.  Meanwhile, let me thank Jacqui @kazu for posting the Fleet Report and Daily this morning.  I hope you and Ivan had a great time last night celebrating!

The weather here today is pretty typical.  Fair and 38F.  The high will be about 52 and mostly sunny today.  Hope it's nice weather where you are.

January 1st is Ellis Island Day, Euro Day and First Foot Day.  Good for Ellis Island and the Euro, but I had to look up First Foot Day.  In order to be the one to first step foot into your home on January 1st (according to the Scottish and North Englanders) you had to be outside when the clock strikes midnight, then be the first to step foot inside.  It's supposed to bring good luck but I think I'll stick with saying rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!  I'm not sure I can agree with the quote because we all need sleep to function.  Roasted sweet potatoes sounds like an accompaniment not the entire meal.  Wow on that cocktail name!  And I might try the wine since it says it's a white.  If there are no days in history mentioned how about these?  in 45 BC The Julian calendar takes effect for the first time, by edict of Roman consul Julius Caesar.  And in 1863 the Emancipation Proclamation was issued by Abraham Lincoln to free slaves in US confederate states.  Those both sound pretty important to me!  Thank you Debbie/Tina @dfish, @0106 , Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard for the food and beverage reports for today.

Prayers for the Care list and all here suffering and in pain.  May you or your family member in need of prayers be on the way to recovery.  Praying every day for my DB, friends Scott and Bob, the people of Israel and Ukraine and the hostages held.  Praying our troops in the region stay safe.  And may all of you sailing or preparing to sail soon have wonderful cruises!  Cheers to those celebrating birthdays and anniversaries!  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for preparing the Care and Celebration lists every day.  You are doing a fabulous job even through all your pain. Praying for a good resolution to your health issues so you can get back to enjoying life!

The port of the day is Osaka, Japan.  This is the fourth time we've seen it as our destination.  May 24, 2021, February 1, 2022 and March 17, 2023.  I haven't been to that Japanese port.  Here are the links for your convenience.

DS, DDIL and the boys are in Cozumel having their annual warm weather trip over New Year's to celebrate her birthday tomorrow.  They mentioned some of the ships in port when they arrived.  I told them to expect 5 ships there today and 7 tomorrow!  Can you imagine how many cruisers will be there at one time?  Hope they have someplace to go to enjoy a little peace and relaxation.  

I hope everyone here has a wonderful day and to go even further a healthy, happy new year!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 29
  • Thanks 6

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP, gtube

Dfish (Debbie) recovering from hernia repair surgery 

Seagarsmoker recovering from the flu

Nickelpenny having pain with walking

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness; trouble walking

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

HAL Sailer’s DH with medical issues

Rafinmd to start radiation for elevated PSA/prostate cancer

StLouisCruiser’s DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy 47th Anniversary Cat in my Lap!

Happy New Year!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP 

Ottahand7 driving toward FLL

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

2 days for Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam Jan 3 to May 11) 128d Grand World Voyage

2 days for Ottahand7 (Eurodam Jan 3 to Feb 24) B2B2B2B2B Caribbean

2 days for Cruising-along (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

2 days for Durangoscots (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

2 days for cruising sister (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

2 days for Cruisercl (Volendam Jan 3 to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage

4 days for Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC Jan 5 to June 9) 156d World Voyage

5 days for Suslor (Westerdam Jan 6 to Feb 3) 28d Philippines, Malaysia & Far East Collector + (Westerdam Feb 3 to Feb 17) 14d China & Japan

6 days for Kochleffel (Anthem of the Seas Jan 7 to Jan 18) 11d Southern Caribbean

Nickelpenny (Zuiderdam to Jan 3, Panama Canal Sunfarer Holiday), St Pete Cruiser(Zaandam to Jan 4, Southern Caribbean Holiday), Ichiban Nekko (Rotterdam to Jan 5, B2B, Western/Tropical Caribbean), Av8rix (Koningsdam to Jan 6, Circle Hawaii Holiday), Haljo1935(Koningsdam to Jan 6, Circle Hawaii Holiday), GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Jan 6, Circle Hawaii Holiday), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer))and Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, 12d Mexico & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Cruise)

• Like 23
  • Thanks 20

IMG_8808.jpeg.36ff9041e5986f20c38d02f0135b30ac.jpeg

Sweet potatoes are nutritious, packing a good amount of vitamin A, vitamin C, and manganese into each serving. They also have anticancer properties and may promote immune function and other health benefits.  Some consider sweet potatoes a “superfood”. They are “good” carbs, often called “complex carbohydrates.”

When I was a child, my mother gave me raw sweet potato and peanut butter, a snack which I still enjoy today.

I frequently wash and roast whole sweet potatoes.  Does anyone really need a recipe for that?  Just in case, Smashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe | Ina Garten | Food Network roasts the potatoes, adds some yummy seasonings and makes a casserole.

Htf1rGsaL58xNroC1N98hLv7bguSY9X32607AxLK

Here is a recipe that dices the potatoes before roasting Roasted Sweet Potatoes - Chelsea's Messy Apron. It contains a great deal of useful information about selection, peeling and dicing and offers a spice mix that sounds delicious.

g_xGX7pB3vMnUMoJ_HtBz0w3p214RturszAiZ1Ll

Here’s a recipe for  Air Fryer Whole Baked Sweet Potato This simple method for air frying a sweet potato is quicker than the oven since you don’t have to preheat the air fryer like you do an oven and the sweet potatoes come out perfectly – fluffy in the center with crisp skin.IMG_8825.png.ba7670b3246d6ded3f576a191e6ced45.png

• Like 21
  • Thanks 18

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year everyone!  We are up and.at em, getting excited for our last drive South.  It was quiet here last night helped by a loud AC unit.   The fireworks went on for a long time.   

I think I will do a kind of live from the Eurodam starting tonight or tomorrow morning.  I will be doing it on my phone as I find switching wifi from my phone to laptop is onerous.  Have a lovely NYD!  Nancy

Edited by ottahand7
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Thank you Rich, Jacqui, Vanessa,Tina,  Ann, and Dixie, and once again Happy New Year. 

No idea what first foot day is but I'll celebrate the Euro and Ellis Island. 

I find the quote interesting.

I've been to Osaka twice, Crystal Harmony in 2004 and Amsterdam in 2017.

The meal is interesting.  My alternative is Orange and Avacado Carousel and Caribbean  Jerk Chicken Breast, my first dinner of 2015 as served on MS Ryndam.

I'll try adding today's maps with ship names again:

global.jpg.aa7a4624cacceac928362d3b6be8d2c0.jpg

caribbean.jpg.8d2758ea9ef6343895f241633b613eca.jpg

Roy

• Like 34
  • Thanks 9

Good morning Daily-ites from the beautiful Rotterdam. The Niew Amsterdam is finished docking next to us in Grand Turk. Looks like it will be a busy day!

First, White rabbit, white rabbit for a good month and start of the new year.

Prayers for all in our prayer books, people of Israel,  Ukraine and other countries in turmoil and loss.

Many thanks to Jacqui,  Vanessa,  Debbie,  Dixie,  Ann, and Tina. Also Sandi and Lenda for sharing their photos this past year.

Going to spend awhile pondering over my cappuccino and reading the news.

God bless us all this year and wishing peace, happiness, health and healing.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon and happy new year.

I hope everyone is safe and well and had a great New year's Eve celebration.

It is sunny and 45°F here.

I will pop outside soon and come straight back in the house as First Foot ( First one in the house in the new year)

This tradition comes from Northern England and Scotland and usually it is the father of the house who did this.

Happy New Year.

Screenshot_20240101_131159.jpg

Screenshot_20240101_131122.jpg

Screenshot_20240101_131057.jpg

• Like 26
  • Thanks 12

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year!  May 2024 be great to all of us!

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Jacqui! Just 40 here, but the sun is already brightening the day. We have a bit of fog this morning. 

Vanessa, praying that 2024 brings you relief from your pain and long, restful nights of sleep. Thank you for keeping up with us. 

Gym, Bindi walks, longing for a piece of my Memére’s tourtiere - a traditional New Year’s meal on my Dad’s side. Not sure what else 8 will get up to today. 

IMG_2186.jpeg.fb52328c186f9de55815f216798cd708.jpeg

IMG_2311.jpeg.13c26c584a5faf41129ba21a479d3a3f.jpeg

IMG_2310.jpeg.875f539f301b5c1b5f31a54855e3d55f.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those with debilitating pain or conditions. And those grieving the loss of a loved one. May 2024 brief relief to all of you. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating! Especially those about to embark on amazing journeys. 

May we each find a reason to smile today!

Castello Bonomi 2016 CruPerdu Grande Annata Extra Brut White (Franciacorta)

A bit elusive, this Italian sparkler just might be worth the hunt - and the price. Consumers and critics give it a superb - classic rating! I found a few online distributors that ship to me with online prices starting at $70.

Wine Enthusiast - 97

CruPerdu is from an old reclaimed vineyard that shows its pedigree from the start with fresh citrus notes, orchard fruits, ginger, jasmine and intense minerality. The palate is firm and structured and shows the potential for a long life. Crushed stones give way to candied orange zest and fresh brioche with a touch of cream all balanced by stunning acidity.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 5

Happy New Year! Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports. 

Actually, stayed up to ring in the New Year. Just me and my sister. No drinking for me as I am finally stabilizing my blood sugar. It has been down below 200 for the last few days and I feel great. Nothing planned today except going to the gym and taking Fancy for a walk. My sadness is that I have to go back to work tomorrow after my staycation. My plans this year are slowing down and enjoying life more. 

That being said, 282 days until my cruise!

By the way, I LOVE sweet potatoes. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

image.png.f784d8e13924b96032b9ab61fd15b4c9.png

• Like 32

Posted (edited)

Happy New Year everyone. We had a great lobster dinner. One of lobsters was a mistake on order and weighed 4.22 lbs.! I put a pretty good dent in it but some will become homemade pizzas topping. The other two Canadian lobsters were two pounders. After dinner we watched A Walk In The Woods with Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. The book was so much better. Everyone of us went to bed at our normal times happily knowing we made it to another year.

We were going to make homemade pizzas but neighbors invited us to a pizza party at their house so that will be our New Years dinner and celebration.

It’s time for another cup of coffee and a homemade maple glazed scone.

Enjoy the day and may 2024 be everything you wish for. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.c7332f8dd9d76f2d3c7caf042696e41f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.2b62e057b44b59dcd5baf303ad15b525.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.202cb3f3c9f79cf17c33f7e98a886a30.jpegimage.jpeg.c2ef1485221bd906e022c5641dec4525.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.cdcc94b9795feb12281f3c0cb261563b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.98f462b7fceaee533c3d5f154c40fcb0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.442ba841a7c3be0598780e457f80ebc6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.122eb3e94219e1929d79382aa48a8cee.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 18

Travelogue continues for Antarctica Jan. 1, 2017 Half Moon Island

Let us continue with the Antarctica cruise of 2016-2017 on Seabourn Quest.  After partying till after midnight with our fellow passengers, we awoke to a somewhat cloudy but relatively warm day at a place called Half Moon Island.  There is a tiny Argentinian base located on this crescent-shaped island, but it is only manned in summer.  Once we arrived by Zodiac, we walked around enjoying the exercise.  Here is a shot of the base. 

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhG

But the actual first thing we saw when we stepped ashore was this rotting boat.  Who knows how long it had been there.  I love the penguin casually walking by.

For some reason I love the next photo.  And you can see the Quest hiding in the background.

Upon further exploration we spied this whale bone.  One of the Expedition Team was nearby to answer questions and they were of the opinion it was from a blue whale and had probably been there at least 100 years.

But of the most interest to us were the rocky hills covered with chinstrap penguin nests.

Here's a close up of a chinstrap and her two chicks sitting at her feet.

This one looks like he's on stage.

And these two look like they're slipping down a slide.

I've said this before, but don't they look like a London Bobbie?

Feeding the chicks.  Taken from the official video of the cruise.

Half Moon Island is known as a birding area because of the variety of birds who nest there.  Unfortunately for the penguins there are a lot of skuas, but we also saw some Kelp gulls and even some with babies in their nest like this one.  There are three little ones there if you look closely.

Well that is all for the Island.  In my next post I'll show the brave people who took the Polar Plunge. 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 9

We headed back to the Quest ready to enjoy the remainder of our New Year's Day.  Shortly thereafter we noticed the Zaandam far off in the distance.

At about 5 pm we were told to come out to the pool deck to see the Polar Plunge event.  Hopefully the pool water was good and cold, especially after we'd thrown the ice blocks in it two days earlier. I went out to watch from the deck above, all bundled up and for good measure a lap blanket wrapped around my lower half.  Meanwhile our brave Captain was the first one out there to take a flying leap into the pool.  He has that thick Nordic blood you know…

Yep, there he went!  Everyone else crept out in their thick robes, tossed them off and jumped in with him.  Meanwhile I was shivering outside because I didn't have my parka on, only my puffy coat.  Thank goodness the sun had come out this afternoon though.

There is our Captain egging on the participants to stay in a little longer.  While he is standing there soaking wet with temperatures in the 30's.

The wonderful staff brought out some warm mulled wine which hopefully helped to warm up these frozen individuals.

Most of them hopped into the hot tubs to thaw themselves out, but not the Captain.  He simply donned his robe and chatted with onlookers.  He was probably still barefoot too!

The weather looked fine here but we were told there was a low coming and we would be leaving Antarctica to try to get to South Georgia Island ahead of it.  Farewell Antarctica! 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 11

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit

Happy New Year

Good Morning from a sunny and cool day at the beach

I really like sweet potatoes.  They are on todays menu. Will have to look at the recipes.

Going to reach 70 today. I plan on a nice long walk on the beach. It will be peaceful. 

@Cat in my lap Happy Anniversary and hope you enjoy many more. 

I really enjoy this time of year. I love reading all the blogs on the Grand Cruises. We will be on the 2025 WC if all goes well. 

Stay well and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit.   Happy New Year to all my Daily friends!

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  Ellis Island is an important landing for so many families. Euro day - hmm, I'm sure I still have a number of euros left from our last trans-Atlantic.  Didn't know about first foot day - my family tradition is opening the front door to let the new year in and opening the back door to let the old year out.  It seems to work.  

I tried, I really tried to stay up until midnight but didn't quite make it.  We watched several time zones celebrate, starting with Newfoundland TV, and made our way west, but by about 11:30 our time, I was done.  We did watch the ball drop on Times Square and had lots of giggles with the CNN duo; I always get a kick out of Anderson Cooper's laugh and how some things just tickle him.  We did hear fireworks at the end of the block, but they were short lived.

@Cat in my lap wishing you a very Happy Anniversary!

Wow, do we ever have a lot of Daily family just waiting 2 more sleeps till they board their BHB's for some wonderful adventures - exciting times!

My New Year's Day tradition is that it's the 1 day of the year when I don't get out of my jammies; I spend a good portion of the morning watching the Tournament of Roses parade from Pasadena, Calif., and the rest of it dozing and watching movies.  Don't worry, the time will also be spend productively, as I'm continuing to work knitting blankets during TV time.  

I'd like to try the drink of the day but think I'd leave the frosting and sprinkles off the glass, and would certainly try today's wine . . . do love a good sparkle!  Neither of us is a huge fan of sweet potatoes, although I do enjoy them as fries, so will pass on that.  I thought there would be leftover Chinese food from last night, but we only ordered a combo for 1 and a couple of sides, and finished them all, so we'll have our back-up NYE dinner plan from M & M foods.  Lobster topped shrimp appetizer, maple glazed pork chops, herbed roasted red skinned potatoes, and green beans almondine - all things DH can put in the oven and yes I'll get out of bed to enjoy this at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need - so many of our Daily family are struggling with health issues, personal issues, and more.  Also for the innocents in the midst of wars.  Cheers to all with celebrations today.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

• Like 36
  • Thanks 1

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit - Happy New Year everyone!

Probably it’s too late for my white rabbit since I already posted the Fleet Report but it wasn’t appropriate there IMO.  And, at midnight  I didn’t say it - I said Happy New Year’s to DD DH & Ivan.

IMG_1901.thumb.jpeg.d55068178e0878ef462c2e74c6130760.jpeg

Nice collection of days.  I didn’t put my foot out the door last night though but I did take gifts of jam along with the dessert last night so hopefully that counts?  I sure appreciate the euro as it made travelling in Europe so much easier without needing all those different currencies.  It was a challenge to guess how much you were going to spend in each country back then.

IMG_1303.thumb.jpeg.cb74b4ebad06952349e1338adbf61b06.jpeg

Interesting quote by Martin and yum on sweet potatoes.  OMG Dixie @summer slope that drink really looks like a birthday cake 😬 It’s nearly too pretty to drink.  And YUM on the white wine.  It sounds so delicious even if it is out of my price range. Haven’t been to Osaka - I was enchanted with it when I watched the Series Shogun many years ago.  My prayers are with Japan with the huge tsunami warning 😔 🙏 

IMG_1138.jpeg.b47dd439aee9e0defbfaee9de1218017.jpeg

Ivan and I were home before midnight but i ended up staying awake until after midnight.  Not deliberate - my foot was paining (Raynauld’s syndrome) & there was no way to sleep until I got it to subside.  I’m working on a few things to try to deal with it.  Periodontist wasn’t a whole lot of help except to say the diagnosis and there was nothing they could do.  This is when I miss DD DH even more.  I know he would have ideas how to deal with it or what to do.  

IMG_1800.thumb.jpeg.e32012d805b65b15dde1a0f405b12660.jpeg

Hoping the New Year brings much health and happiness to all of our Daily-ites and helps ease the pain many are suffering - whether it be emotional or physical.  May there be many celebrations for all of you in 2024 and far fewer Cares 🙏 

IMG_1906.thumb.jpeg.c329557665549f51d0eb840d1247b12d.jpeg

Have a wonderful New Year’s Day.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Good morning and Happy New Year! It is 40 and drizzling here with the expectation of sunshine later. All four of my grandparents came through Ellis Island. I will celebrate the Euro and was the first foot in the door this morning with the two pups. Sweet potatoes are on the menu today along with a roast chicken. I will have to come up with something for the vegetarians as well.

I fell asleep way before the ball dropped  and woke up at the usual time.It was unusually quiet in the neighborhood.

I think today is a good one to do as little as possible.

Edited by smitty34877
  • Like 33

Happy anniversary @Cat in my lap Natalie and DH!  I hope you have many more to come!

While I was visiting DD she decided to switch out the Christmas Celebration tree in her foyer for a new and different theme this January.  I was actually able to help decorate it and boy it was harder to do than I thought.  Each decoration was carefully thought out and placed in exactly the right spot.

The theme was "Candyland".  By the time we added the "candies" and got to the baked goods I decided we should call it "Sweetie Time".  We had a jovial waiter once who always presented the dessert menu calling out Sweetie Time!!  So here you go.  

Cupcakes and "lollipops"...

Macaroons, gum drops...

even colored icing doughnuts like this blue one.

I think this tree will chase away the winter doldrums!

• Like 28
  • Thanks 8

Happy 47th anniversary @Cat in my lap

IMG_0119.gif.2df0bde46ef24cb9a640126eebcf062d.gif

43 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

We are up and.at em, getting excited for our last drive South.

Exciting indeed 🙂. Very safe and smooth travels to you two on your final leg of the journey.

43 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

I think I will do a kind of live from the Eurodam starting tonight or tomorrow morning. 

That would be wonderful.  Looking forward to it 👍 

18 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

I really enjoy this time of year. I love reading all the blogs on the Grand Cruises. We will be on the 2025 WC if all goes well. 

How exciting Charlene!  

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning everyone and Happy New Year!  Thanks for the daily report, recipes and lists.  The house is very quiet this morning as we celebrated my sister Pat’s 60th birthday last night.  I think some folks forgot what a night of whooping it up can lead to the next day!  I really like the quote and the meal suggestion as a side dish.  I’m going to pass on the drink as it sounds a little sweet for me.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events today and happy anniversary to @Cat in my lap! 🍾🥂🎉

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2