The Fleet Report and Daily for Sunday February 25th, 2024

kazu

@Lcubed

Laura, thank you for covering the Wine du Jour! Boy I am thrilled you covered today. I came back with a cold and was not particularly energetic this morning. I am ready to take back the reins tomorrow. 

@rafinmd Roy, did I miss your birthday? I have a note on my calendar that yesterday was your birthday. 

@JazzyV Vanessa, I was thrilled to read that your pain has decreased! Praying that it continues to decrease. 

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Jacqui! Roy, thank you for the maps. 

I enjoyed the cruise. We had lovely weather. The best show I have ever seen on a ship - The Choir of Man. It will be opening in Chicago some time this year. It could hold its own on Broadway.

Great food. A super Cellar Master, who put together informative and delicious wine tasting events.

The smoothest embarkation & disembarkation of any cruise I have been on.

A ropes course & zipline. The only time it was open that coincided with my schedule was in Saint Thomas. Many times it was too windy to be open. 

It never seemed very crowded around the ship.

The not so great…

The worst coffee I have experienced on a cruise. Starbucks and one Pub had the only decent coffee on the ship.

A less than helpful app and TV.

The worst internet I have experienced at sea. Perhaps I should have purchased the Premium package. 

Only two elevator banks to handle 4,000+ passengers. 

A very small weight section in the gym. 

The biggest disappointment was the swells in the Bahamas prevented us from tendering to their private island that was chock full of activities. But the tenders that came out to get the crew were really rocking, so the Captain made the right call. 

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

Good morning and Happy Sunday. It’s going to be 85F this afternoon but cooler tomorrow.  I’ll have to turn on the air conditioner later. We have a two story house and the upstairs gets afternoon sun and heats up too much for comfort. 

I try to cook healthy and eat healthy. I don’t like nuts in my chocolate or ice cream. I love clam chowder and order it often when traveling.  I recently made egg muffins but with spinach. Broccoli would be great too. I made them for our Christmas brunch and did them ahead like Debbie @dfish suggested. 

Have a great day everyone!

• Like 17

54 minutes ago, cat shepard said:

The worst coffee I have experienced on a cruise. Starbucks and one Pub had the only decent coffee on the ship.

From that alone I would have known that you were on NCL. I have platinum status there, and two future bookings, but not because of the coffee.

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

Good afternoon.  Finally, I am caught up on everything that needed to be done after the cruise.  I also finished going through the pictures from the cruise, getting rid of the bad ones and weeding out the duplicates.  Everything is backed up on two chips and an external hard drive.  The pictures are also loaded on my tablet.  Now, I can tackle other chores, and hopefully have time to relax on the patio with my book in afternoons.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good morning. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily.

I'll embrace eating right, as I plan to get back on track starting tomorrow. When I was in so much pain I didn't care, and medicated myself with carbs. That will stop. I do like chocolate covered nuts, except peanuts. I'm not a clam chowder person (not a fish or seafood fan). Good quote. The meal sounds nice and lowcarb as a breakfast. Pass on the drink, maybe on the wine. I haven't been to the port. Paper money is so much lighter than coins.

It started out in the 20's this AM, but it's sunny and going up to 46F (currently 36F). I slept about 5.5 hours last night; still can't lay on my back or right side. Then a small victory as I was able to shower without having to sit on the shower chair. I still have some numbness and burning in the leg, but the pain is decreased about 75% (yay)! I still haven't got the GF clock running, but I think one of the chains is off it's winder. I dug up the plans I used to build it, but the last couple of pages are missing. I found someone selling that issue of Woodsmith for $6 online, so I'll order it. I need to know how to get into the clockworks. Otherwise, the server drawers are organized (easy) and today I'll work on the buffet drawers (lots of old linens I don't use, that were my DM's). This week is full of appointments, every day except Thursday.

@Lady Hudson Bon Voyage!

@Mr. Boston Welcome home.

@Nickelpenny Great photos!

@StLouisCruisers Safe travels for DS and DDIL.

@aliaschief It sounds like you have quite an adventure planned. Be safe in that heat! Do you have something like Liquid IV that can be added to water to give you electrolytes back?

@grapau27 Thanks for the link. You and Pauline have a great day too.

@RMLincoln It's nice to be so close to a cruise port, since flying is often quite the hassle these days. I hope you went back to sleep or can nap later.

@rafinmd Thanks for the maps. Nice sunrise in a unique place. Thanks for the Jakarta school photos.

@travelingbums So sorry! I've been hearing about the delays and cancelled inaugural cruise from some YouTube cruise people. 

@Denise T Wow, big life changes for you and your sister. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

@Legs Larry Smith Welcome to the Daily! 

@kazu I hope all is ok with you.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I'm so happy for you getting more sleep and with 75% improvement in the pain and numbness.  I know it was a big deal to be able to shower without the shower seat, and I remember how thrilled DH was when he reached that milestone.  I hope the decrease in pain continues and you also continue to be able to get more sleep.

2 hours ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning everyone, 

It's a very rainy start to the day here in the Pacific Northwest! I'll gladly say yes to chocolate covered nuts - especially almonds - and to clam chowder (the white kind). The egg muffins might be good to make and I could take them out as needed to help with the healthy eating. 

Nothing too exciting going on here. I plan to stay in, watch the ships sail away, and do fun stuff like sweeping the floors, organizing my desk, and even working on a jigsaw puzzle. It's a 1000-piece one from White Mountain Puzzles called Television Families. So far it's going together quite nicely. 

Tomorrow is water aerobics, the Widows Support group lunch and I get a haircut! Isn't there a law, somewhere, that if you get a haircut you lose 5 pounds? I know I sure feel lighter and have a bit more spring in my step after it's all cut off. 

Happy Sunday!

Karen

Karen, if there's not a law that you lose 5 pounds when you get a haircut, there ought to be one.  I know I feel lighter after a haircut too, even though I have really short hair anyway.

1 hour ago, cat shepard said:

@Lcubed

Laura, thank you for covering the Wine du Jour! Boy I am thrilled you covered today. I came back with a cold and was not particularly energetic this morning. I am ready to take back the reins tomorrow. 

@rafinmd Roy, did I miss your birthday? I have a note on my calendar that yesterday was your birthday. 

@JazzyV Vanessa, I was thrilled to read that your pain has decreased! Praying that it continues to decrease. 

Thank you for today’s FR&D, Jacqui! Roy, thank you for the maps. 

I enjoyed the cruise. We had lovely weather. The best show I have ever seen on a ship - The Choir of Man. It will be opening in Chicago some time this year. It could hold its own on Broadway.

Great food. A super Cellar Master, who put together informative and delicious wine tasting events.

The smoothest embarkation & disembarkation of any cruise I have been on.

A ropes course & zipline. The only time it was open that coincided with my schedule was in Saint Thomas. Many times it was too windy to be open. 

It never seemed very crowded around the ship.

The not so great…

A less than helpful app and TV.

The worst internet I have experienced at sea. Perhaps I should have purchased the Premium package. 

Only two elevator banks to handle 4,000+ passengers. 

A very small weight section in the gym. 

The biggest disappointment was the swells in the Bahamas prevented us from tendering to their private island that was chock full of activities. But the tenders that came out to get the crew were really rocking, so the Captain made the right call. 

Ann, I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise, but I'm sorry you now have a cold.  I hope you feel better soon.

34 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

@JazzyV  YAY  on the longer sleeping & bigger YAY on the lesser pain!  I'm still fighting the dull aches in my back & left leg.

I'm sorry your are still fighting dull aches in your back and legs.  I hope time will help ease the aches.

1 hour ago, summer slope said:

For the garden Club. My azaleas love this cool Florida weather.

IMG_4567.jpeg

Dixie, those are very pretty azaleas.  We had some nice ones when we lived in South Carolina and North Carolina.  They don't seem to do as well in our part of Texas, and don't even think about planting them in this part of Arizona. 

Lenda

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

The azaleas are gorgeous!  When we lived in Northern Virginia, they grew  like weeds.  I remember when they used to sell "babies" for 25 cents, and you could plant dozens, and it didn't matter if a few died, because the others would quickly fill in the spaces.  Here in the rainy, cool, northwest, I have no luck at all with azaleas, but the rhodies are happy.  They think they are in the Himalayas!  

The trees are starting to bloom here, there are lots of daffodils out, and the early rhododendrons.  They're going to have a shock this week when the temps go below 0!   Better late than never, DD brought up her amaryllis for me to make bloom, it is supposed to be "Apple Blossom", a very pale pink, but it's orange.  Very strange.  The one not blooming yet is supposed to be "Red Lion", we'll see soon what it really is...

IMG_4613.thumb.jpeg.3fd62b37c962e19cb25db16c700eb0df.jpeg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have been on Anthem twice and it is a lovely ship.

The North Star is a capsule you can get in and it rises up and gives you a great view over the ship.

You can see it behind me in this photo.

IMG_20220909_141053.jpg

Thank you Graham!  Looks exciting!  I’m thinking ahead to later in the year hoping we can do even a short cruise.

@Denise T It’s grand to be planning ahead, and I hope you can still consider options that include Canada. 
m—

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, RMLincoln said:

Thank you Graham!  Looks exciting!  I’m thinking ahead to later in the year hoping we can do even a short cruise.

@Denise T It’s grand to be planning ahead, and I hope you can still consider options that include Canada. 
m—

The North Star can take around 20 people and lifts up a lot higher than this.

In port it was free but there was a charge at sea when it moves over the side of the ship.

IMG_20220513_154406.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, travelingbums said:

Thank you everyone for sharing.

Just got back from Europe, Our cruise SUN Princess was cancelled 4 days prior to our boarding.

Now trying to find help/contact with Princess to complete there refund forms. Yipee.

Bummer. 😔 Hope you have a smooth and quick refund process. 

10 hours ago, JazzyV said:

I slept about 5.5 hours last night; still can't lay on my back or right side. Then a small victory as I was able to shower without having to sit on the shower chair. I still have some numbness and burning in the leg, but the pain is decreased about 75% (yay)!

Yay! 👏 

• Like 3

@travelingbums That should be absolutely automatic on the refund, like when the ship misses a port and accounts are refunded for port taxes and excursions. And I would hope that Princess dies more. Also hope you were able to enjoy (salvage) done if your European trip!  

• Like 4