The Fleet Report and Daily for Thursday March 14th, 2024

kazu

Good morning, everyone!

@bennybear

HappyBirthday1.thumb.jpeg.fdc3491d789b8f713554a704266168a5.jpeg

Also, birthday wishes to @Mr. Boston's DM and @StLouisCruisers DB.

It is a rainy day here in mid-Michigan.  Rain is supposed to last all day.  Sue had a new mattress and box spring delivered yesterday and she is loving her new bed.  The old mattress was quite old and had probably passed its prime years ago.  Also, yesterday Senior Services (am I really eligible for that???) came out and installed a railing on the stairs to the front porch.  We really needed that.  Senior Services will do safety work in homes for seniors for free.  He's coming back today to install the grab bar in the bathtub.  

Today's meal is a great one for a cold or cool day.  It is full of carrots for @Quartzsite Cruiser Lenda.  It is a good one as you can dump everything in the slow cooker and come back for dinner.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/277381/slow-cooker-herb-mushroom-braised-beef/

herbandmushroombraisedbeef1.thumb.jpg.c8be3aee2ee46b58ab658c6cb2905454.jpg

Here is one sans carrots, but if you have to have them, just add them in.  This one is done stove top and finished off in the oven.  https://momsdish.com/braised-beef-with-mushrooms

herbandmushroombraisedbeef2.thumb.jpg.b8edb7d7e080f7e6b9e68f387d8ad336.jpg

This one is has simple seasonings, but adds in red wine - almost a whole bottle with a little left over for the chef.  The meat and veggies are cooked stove top and then finished in the oven with a slow braise for 2-3 hours.  https://themodernproper.com/wine-braised-beef-with-mushrooms

herbandmushroombraisedbeef3.thumb.jpg.2edb42ec393589dfe0dcf146dbce449b.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 13

Good evening everyone. We were in Lerwick in July last year, on the beautiful Rotterdam. Lerwick was a substitute port for a cancelled port in Norway, whose name escapes me! 
It was a grey day, with occasional sunshine and we walked around town, and found a wonderful bookshop.

We were greeted by these school students on arrival.

IMG_5389.thumb.jpeg.ede8a0366239f03a0eac4d8fd02b632b.jpeg

This is the house featured in the TV show ShetlandIMG_5394.thumb.jpeg.b4dbb9508fd47be01d01d6bec82095b6.jpeg

Outside the Opticians

IMG_5392.thumb.jpeg.5eaf6f0e058f3b5f01585857f9385223.jpeg

The tenders 

IMG_5385.thumb.jpeg.8a2856e9612c2baaf1e8a8b68b7a59aa.jpeg

Some of the beautiful flowers outside the Information Centre, which had the best selection of quality souvenirs.

IMG_5391.thumb.jpeg.46eab15438de2a70a16004a5c2e9b5b3.jpeg

Best wishes to all.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

IMG_7453.thumb.jpeg.98766844157dfd70d384de880c2e77ba.jpeg

Good morning from the Atlantic Ocean on our way to Ft Lauderdale. I can’t believe this sojourn is almost over. I will definitely celebrate the 3 days in addition to Pi Day. I love science, super smart people and I always ask questions to the chagrin of my friends and colleagues. And Pi Day fits right into the mix. Pass on the meal and drink and never been to the port. The quote is pure Joan Rivers!  It is very sad to realize women were not allowed in the golf club until 2017. It should have happened in 1917!!  🤬

I was very lazy yesterday and just went onshore in Road Town buy a magnet and a shirt for the young man who was taking care of Martina. Two sea days left and the a very sad trip home. The crew talent show was last night and it was very, very well attended even though it started at 2215. Got to start thinking about packing. 

IMG_7451.thumb.jpeg.72fa908a95c099c3ea639fb77e96d668.jpegIMG_7426.thumb.jpeg.73dcb6cbb622f133884abea63d2681f6.jpeg

Happy Birthday to the 3 who are celebrating today.  Thoughts for those needing a hug and cheers for those celebrating other fun times. Have a great day everyone!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good evening. We enjoyed our second consecutive day at sea and tomorrow will do some snorkeling in Kolar Papau. A country I didn’t even knew existed.

Tonight we dined in Prime C our usual steak specialty restaurant. For a few weeks they have changed the menu to Asian. It was outstanding and we are going back tomorrow to try more selections.

We attended a World Voyagers meeting and found out 135 of us have elected to stay aboard after Dubai. We are still not quite through our cruise yet and at noon we have so far sailed 16,500 nautical miles. It appears they are busily planning a possible overland Safari elect for us on our Africa leg. Maybe get a bucket list item checked off.

As mentioned yesterday we enjoyed a great memorable evening dinner with the Captain last night. Menu included a pic of moi cleaned up for occasion.

Ocean is running around two meters tonight so definitely know we are at sea.

As we end our Thursday just like to thank all of you for your faithful post. Off to bed. Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 6

Good Thursday Morning Dailyites!  I have been having a bad last 24 hours.  I sat down to pay bills, and found I was out of checks.  I knew I had ordered some, a while back, I knew I had received them, but they were nowhere to be found, so I got on line and ordered more. And then DH found them.  Oops. I wonder if I can use them, and when the new ones come in, I can shred them?  So there are no duplicates.  ??  Any one know the answer to that?  

Meds and pain affect people a lot, and yesterday DH had me in tears.  His meds really affect his personality.  

Donna told me that she got her phone bill, and they only credited her 8 out of the 12 days that we had no phone service last month.  I noticed that when I called in last month to pay, they had covered the entire bill, but I had over payed the month before.  Now since the new phone bill is higher than it has been, I need to call.

It is 51 degrees and when the sun comes up over the hill, it will be clear and sunny.  Rain expected tomorrow.  

Working today noon to 5.  I will eventually cook those shrimp!  I was full all afternoon after my chef salad lunch, and ended up making cheese burgers with leftover meatloaf, on tortillas Not bad.  I made beef stew last week, from scratch, with no recipe, just brain work and it was really good.  But no stew this week. 

@StLouisCruisersI love your photos of Shetland, if you have Britbox, you can watch Shetland, so many scenes are filmed where your pictures were taken.  When I did my ancestry test, it showed that someone in the family was there.  There, and the Isle of Skye.  

We watched Somebody Feed Phil last night, when he was in Iceland, and I got to see in film all the places that you Dailyites had posted as photographs.

I need DH to help me load some pictures that I took yesterday, and I hope provide some giggles later today.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Nice collection of days; pass on the quote; would like the meal but pass on the mushrooms, maybe the drink when I know what it is, wine sounds good, not been to the port. 3 very important days in history. 

Currently 70° headed to 79°. I think it's going to rain 🌧 as I drive to my EMG. I've had a pounding headache since the sinus headache yesterday and hoped it would clear before my appointment, but I don't think it's going to. And now I have to drive in rain- ugh. I just hope I get through the EMG so I don't have to reschedule. 

I hope work this afternoon this slow.

Prayers 🙏and positive thoughts for all. 

20240314_071721.thumb.jpg.0d5863182f4eea9bc08df3dbcdf603e7.jpg

• Like 25

Good cloudy morning. It’s currently 50 degrees and going up to 75 then rain tonight and tomorrow. 
In honor of Pi Day, @POA1, I had an email from Anthony’s CF Pizza for a 12 inch cheese pizza for $3.14 with purchase of any beverage. Dine in only. I assume it’s for all locations.

Blessingd and prayers to all on our journey.

• Like 27

@StLouisCruisers   Happy Birthday to your DB! 🎂

@Mr. Boston  Happy birthday to your DM!  🎂

@Denise T  I hope that Fiona is on the mend today and all goes well at the vet's office. 

Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports each day Jacqui and Roy!   I will pass on the meal and the cocktail but today's Zin looks tasty.   I appreciate all the work to do these for us each day!    

Vanessa, thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports   Seem like we have some Bon Voyages coming soon.  Prayers for all on our care list and those in war zones, Ukraine and the innocents in Gaza.  

It is a lousy day here with darkness and rain.   A garden club friend is coming over and we will be planning our club's own Environmental School in 2025.   I will be late again tomorrow as I have to go get my stitches our on my arm and who knows if John will want to do some type of road trip since the weather won't be too nice again tomorrow, just not so rainy.   Have a lovely day!  Nancy 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  I think scientists and geniuses go hand in hand.  Little known fact:  Einstein was a self-taught violinist and often played chamber and solo recitals for his friends and family.  It's important to ask questions; how would we know where the next cruise is going if we didn't?

Lots of birthdays today - Happy Birthday to @bennybear, may you have a wonderful day and a great year ahead!

Happy Birthday also to @Mr. Boston's DM, and @StLouisCruisersDB.

@Denise Tsending good vibes for both Fiona and Chase.

We had a great time with our friends at dinner last night; as expected, there were lots of laughs and good food to be had.  It was nice coming out of the restaurant at 7:30 and still having a little daylight left.

Yesterday we had a couple of bunny rabbits that stayed in our front yard.  I don't know if they were a couple, just friends, or siblings, but one (I call it a girl) stayed under cover of the front juniper tree while the other (I'm saying it's a boy) was more adventurous and hopped all over the snowbanks in the yard.  I cleaned up a few large carrots, snapped them into pieces and tossed them in their general area; after a few hours I looked out and they had been eaten, which made me feel good.  I don't know if they'll be back today, but I've got more carrots that I can give them if they reappear.

@marshhawkI'm sorry to hear you had such a terrible time with your DH yesterday.  Yes, pain is a terrible thing and can make people incredibly difficult to be around.  Is there a way to get additional medication to help with his pain?

This morning we're off in a while so DH can have a blood test to see if all the opaquing dye from his CT scan has left his system, then we'll stop for breakfast and pick up a few groceries from a store across town.  Nothing more planned, so I'm sure the afternoon will be spent cutting, ironing and sewing more coasters.

I'm giving a pass on the drink, would like to try the wine, and think today's menu suggestion sounds really good!  As suspected, the restaurant we went to had really large portions, so we each brought half of our dinners home and will be enjoying fettuccini alfredo and a skirt burger at the kitchen table tonight.  And wine.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, in pain, in grief, and in turmoil.  Cheers to all who have celebrations happening.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 2

HAPPY PI DAY. 3.14…. Working on a lemon meringue pie for DH today, his DD DM’s family recipe!  I’m behind this morning, will catch up later. Blue sky and 53F!  Nice. 
Blessing to all! Later. m—

• Like 24

2 hours ago, summer slope said:

Rocket Man cocktail:

Blast off into a realm of cosmic delight with the invigorating "Rocket Man" cocktail. This stellar libation takes inspiration from the iconic song and promises a taste adventure that is both out-of-this-world and exhilarating. Featuring a medley of bold flavors, the Rocket Man cocktail combines the smoothness of bourbon with the zesty tang of fresh lime and the tantalizing kick of ginger beer. Served in sleek glass, it embodies the spirit of adventure and exploration. Whether you're celebrating a special occasion or simply looking to embark on a flavor journey, the Rocket Man cocktail will surely launch your taste buds to new heights.

1/2 oz. lime juice
2 oz. Ginger Beer
1/2 oz. simple syrup
2 oz. bourbon

In a cocktail shaker with ice cubes add the bourbon, freshly squeezed lime juice and simple syrup.
Shake vigorously for about 15-20 seconds to combine all the ingredients and chill the cocktail.
Strain the mixture from the shaker into the glass filled with ice.
Top off the cocktail with ginger beer and garnish the cocktail with a lime wheel or a piece of candied ginger (optional)

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 7.08.54 AM.png

And I think it’s gonna be a long long time; 

before I have this drink again!

• Like 3
  • Haha 9

I took a good look at my left upper arm this morning and it's all red and a little swollen.  Not just a tiny area, more like 5 inches up and down and 3 to 4 inches across side to side.  I wasn't expecting such a reaction but it says online this is common.  But the photos they showed were tiny little red spots around the injection site, not the whole upper arm.  Hopefully that starts to go away soon.  DH said he'd ask about it at the doctor's office and even took a picture to show them if they ask.

I want to extend my thanks and my brother's thanks for all of you who have so kindly wished him a happy birthday.  That includes @puppycanducruise, @grapau27, @kazu, @rafinmd, @Denise T, @smitty34877, @dfish, @ottahand7, @ger_77, and @Nickelpenny.  I hope I haven't left anyone off.  Whoops, almost missed @RedneckBob.  Once again thanks to all of you!❤️

@Denise T best of luck with Chase today.  I hope Fiona continues to eat well and feels better.🐈

@daisybertie thank you for the Lerwick photos.  Very nice!  I've only seen cloudy skies in Lerwick but it would sure be nice to have sunny skies there.

@aliaschief looking good all dressed up!  Continue to enjoy every moment!

@marshhawk Annie I'm sending you hugs today! {{{ 🤗 }}} Thanks for your photo comment today.  We don't have Britbox unfortunately.  It says when I search on my DVR I can watch Shetland episodes with a free trial on Amazon Prime, but I have no idea how long the free trial lasts.  Looks like quite a few seasons to catch up.

Hallmark Channel has been showing episodes of Drop Dead Diva from 2009 to 2014 Mondays thru Fridays, 2 episodes a day.  I have them set up to record and am watching season by season.  I wish I'd told my twin about it sooner because we are at the end of season 2 right now.  I found some YouTube links to send her of season 1 but I don't have any links to season 2 and she just started recording.  She's going to go through all the YouTube links first while recording the following seasons from here on out.  It's addictive!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nickelpenny said:

IMG_7453.thumb.jpeg.98766844157dfd70d384de880c2e77ba.jpeg

Good morning from the Atlantic Ocean on our way to Ft Lauderdale. I can’t believe this sojourn is almost over. I will definitely celebrate the 3 days in addition to Pi Day. I love science, super smart people and I always ask questions to the chagrin of my friends and colleagues. And Pi Day fits right into the mix. Pass on the meal and drink and never been to the port. The quote is pure Joan Rivers!  It is very sad to realize women were not allowed in the golf club until 2017. It should have happened in 1917!!  🤬

I was very lazy yesterday and just went onshore in Road Town buy a magnet and a shirt for the young man who was taking care of Martina. Two sea days left and the a very sad trip home. The crew talent show was last night and it was very, very well attended even though it started at 2215. Got to start thinking about packing. 

IMG_7451.thumb.jpeg.72fa908a95c099c3ea639fb77e96d668.jpegIMG_7426.thumb.jpeg.73dcb6cbb622f133884abea63d2681f6.jpeg

Happy Birthday to the 3 who are celebrating today.  Thoughts for those needing a hug and cheers for those celebrating other fun times. Have a great day everyone!

As I have discussed before pie are round, cornbread are square!

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, aliaschief said:

Good evening. We enjoyed our second consecutive day at sea and tomorrow will do some snorkeling in Kolar Papau. A country I didn’t even knew existed.

Tonight we dined in Prime C our usual steak specialty restaurant. For a few weeks they have changed the menu to Asian. It was outstanding and we are going back tomorrow to try more selections.

We attended a World Voyagers meeting and found out 135 of us have elected to stay aboard after Dubai. We are still not quite through our cruise yet and at noon we have so far sailed 16,500 nautical miles. It appears they are busily planning a possible overland Safari elect for us on our Africa leg. Maybe get a bucket list item checked off.

As mentioned yesterday we enjoyed a great memorable evening dinner with the Captain last night. Menu included a pic of moi cleaned up for occasion.

Ocean is running around two meters tonight so definitely know we are at sea.

As we end our Thursday just like to thank all of you for your faithful post. Off to bed. Bruce

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Are you trying out for being a model for Ralph Lauren! Nice!

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

I took a good look at my left upper arm this morning and it's all red and a little swollen.  Not just a tiny area, more like 5 inches up and down and 3 to 4 inches across side to side.  I wasn't expecting such a reaction but it says online this is common.  But the photos they showed were tiny little red spots around the injection site, not the whole upper arm.  Hopefully that starts to go away soon.  DH said he'd ask about it at the doctor's office and even took a picture to show them if they ask.

I want to extend my thanks and my brother's thanks for all of you who have so kindly wished him a happy birthday.  That includes @puppycanducruise, @grapau27, @kazu, @rafinmd, @Denise T, @smitty34877, @dfish, @ottahand7, @ger_77, and @Nickelpenny.  I hope I haven't left anyone off.  Whoops, almost missed @RedneckBob.  Once again thanks to all of you!❤️

@Denise T best of luck with Chase today.  I hope Fiona continues to eat well and feels better.🐈

@daisybertie thank you for the Lerwick photos.  Very nice!  I've only seen cloudy skies in Lerwick but it would sure be nice to have sunny skies there.

@aliaschief looking good all dressed up!  Continue to enjoy every moment!

@marshhawk Annie I'm sending you hugs today! {{{ 🤗 }}} Thanks for your photo comment today.  We don't have Britbox unfortunately.  It says when I search on my DVR I can watch Shetland episodes with a free trial on Amazon Prime, but I have no idea how long the free trial lasts.  Looks like quite a few seasons to catch up.

Hallmark Channel has been showing episodes of Drop Dead Diva from 2009 to 2014 Mondays thru Fridays, 2 episodes a day.  I have them set up to record and am watching season by season.  I wish I'd told my twin about it sooner because we are at the end of season 2 right now.  I found some YouTube links to send her of season 1 but I don't have any links to season 2 and she just started recording.  She's going to go through all the YouTube links first while recording the following seasons from here on out.  It's addictive!

I'm sorry to hear you have had this reaction in your arm Sandi.

It is a good idea to take a photo and maybe take a photo for the next few days if it doesn't clear.

Good idea for Dennis to show the photo at your doctor's.

Best wishes.

Graham.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GTVCRUISER said:

Countdown to St Patty`s Day

stpattynewamseterdampc2019.jpg

The Irish in me has made me post.

Please - as Colin @VMax1700 advised the other day, Patty is a Girl.  there is not such thing as St Patty’s day.  It is St. Paddy’s day or St. Patrick’s day.  

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 3