The Fleet Report and Daily for Wednesday March 20th, 2024

kazu

Today is Astrology Day, International Day of Happiness, and Dogs in Yellow Day

Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each year find you a better man -- Benjamin Franklin

Meal Suggestion for today - Crustless Broccoli-Cheddar Quiche
Drink of the Day - Tuxedo
Wine of the Day - Cerbaia Brunello di Montalcino 2019 (750ML)
Destination of the Day - Ile de Mayotte, French Comoros, Comoros 

Today in History:
1602 United Dutch East Indian Company (VOC) forms
1800 Alessandro Volta reports his discovery of the electric battery in a letter to Joseph Banks, president of the Royal Society of London

Ship Locations

Eurodam

St Johns Antigua, RCI Royal Beach Club 08:00 - 16:00 

Koningsdam

At Sea Destination San Diego, California eta 03-23

Nieuw Amsterdam

St Thomas Island USVI, Charlotte Amalie, US Virgin Islands 07:00 - 16:00 

Nieuw Statendam

Ocho Rios, Jamaica 08:00 - 16:00 

Oosterdam

Coquimbo, La Serena, Chile 08:00 - 17:00 

Rotterdam

Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles 08:00 - 18:00 

Volendam

Avatiu, Rarotonga, Cook Islands 08:00 - 17:00

Zaandam

Panama Canal 06:00 - 06:00 

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Gisborne, New Zealand 08:00 - 17:00 

Westerdam

Hualien, Taiwan China 08:00 - 17:00 

Zuiderdam

Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam 06:00 - 18:

• Like 15
  • Thanks 25

It was a long day of visiting Manila today. Even though we had some bus travel and horse carriage we still walked over four miles. Visited the Rizal Monument and park, cathedral, Fort Santiago and China Town.

It’s a beautiful night here and we are attending a Dim Sum dinner pool side.

It’s dinner time and time for another special sail away and dinner. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.b98714d0d59809250718d06aba26340d.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.bc90b15d29f09ce2afe729ef17d6ed25.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b50275fea8ca5612bc9e6ab66574b7f3.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fc99443b6f5b8a1876d577d30cc6d618.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.7178fdde867c6d6ee930e3bc21e59527.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.36344873316be5599c9ca0b643d9ed8c.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.468a4059b7d6736bae87e35c69b31662.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.34cb1b072f974aba1e7540c842369407.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.91db94deed399740eecf25f415504e00.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a55e076629f7e96b4959ae55fb6ba727.jpeg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 11

Posted (edited)

Today’s Care List:

Vict0riann’s DD falling and fracturing her humerus, seeing Ortho today

Kazu’s appt today to find out x-ray results

Nickelpenny appt with surgeon today

Catmando losing bone from jaw due to prior radiation

Bennybear’s DS’s masters defense today

Haljo1935’s medical issues affecting working

JazzyV with R leg pain, numbness, recurring after prior improvement

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza; Haiti unrest

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues

Mr. Boston’s friend Lauren with aggressive cancer, started hospice care

StLouisCruisers’ DB with pulmonary fibrosis

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

RMLincoln’s DH’s eye pressure more stable

StLouisCruisers’ DGD Morgan being happier since she moved

SusieKIslandGirl in Hawaii

57redbird in Maui

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy discharged to home!

Kazu stepping up to keep the FR/Daily going while Rich is cruising

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

3 days for Lazey1 (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Mar 30) 7d Mexico

3 days for GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam Mar 23 to Apr 6) B2B 7d Mexico + 7d Pacific Coastal

4 days for RedneckBob (Nieuw Statendam Mar 24 to Mar 31) 7d E. Caribbean

Lady Hudson (Vision of the Seas to Mar 23) 8d Southeast Coast & Bahamas, with her sister, USN59-79 (Seabourn Sojourn to Mar 24) 33d Sydney to Taipei + 17d in Taipei, Crazy For Cats (Eurodam to Mar 27) 11d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, Suslor (Zaandam to Mar 30) 14d Panama Canal, Scrapnana (Rotterdam to Mar 29) 12d E. Caribbean Wayfarer, RedneckBob (Celebrity Reflection to March 24) 8d E. Caribbean, then (Nieuw Statendam March 24 to March 31) 7d E. Caribbean, Cruising-along (Volendam to April 6) 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage, Durangoscots (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), cruising sister (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Cruisercl (Volendam to April 6, 94d Grand AUS & NZ voyage), Richwmn (Volendam to May 4, Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ Voyage + Apr 6 15d PC Cruise + Apr 21 The Atlantic Coast), Cat in my lap (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage), Gail & Marty sailing away (Zuiderdam to May 11, 128d Grand World Voyage) and Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage)

Edited by JazzyV
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 25

Dogs in yellow?  Yellow dogs? My nephew just adopted this beautiful golden retriever.IMG_9539.thumb.jpeg.ffb6a176b4eb80008660784ec0b36469.jpegBut the day is really to raise awareness about anxious and reactive dogs.

IMG_0313.jpeg.66ed05bf03b543891f496421a34b4660.jpeg

Hoping everyone can find some happiness today.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 17

Tuxedo Cocktail:

The Tuxedo, which drew its name, according to bar lore, from the same place as the evening suit—Tuxedo Park, enclave of the elite in upstate New York—is a confusing character. There are actually two Tuxedo cocktails running around, and have been since the early twentieth century. One, generally believed to be the original, contains gin, sherry, and orange bitters, and is bone dry. The other, typically referred to as Tuxedo No. 2, mixes gin, maraschino liqueur, vermouth, and absinthe, and is lightly luscious. Both are good, but No. 2 is perhaps more common. This version comes from Flora Bar, in New York, which does a great job with the drink.

Ingredients
Absinthe rinse
2 1⁄4 ounces Plymouth gin
1⁄2 ounce Dolin dry vermouth
1⁄4 ounce maraschino liqueur
4 dashes orange bitters
Orange twist and cherry
Step 1
Rinse a chilled cocktail glass with absinthe and discard the excess liquid. Combine the remaining liquid ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice and stir until chilled, about 30 seconds. Strain into the waiting cocktail glass. Garnish with the orange twist and cherry.

Screenshot 2024-03-20 at 6.22.53 AM.png

• Like 15
  • Thanks 17

Posted (edited)

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

52 this morning but warming up to 78 with Florida sunshine and lot of Vitamin D.

Good selection of days.

Excellent quote by Ben Franklin, a very intelligent person, in fact a genius.

I’d try the Quiche, could be yummy. 
Off to the golf course soon, our group of 4 or 5 foursomes usually have the first tee times but with DST we are warming up on the range in pretty dark conditions, another few weeks and we might be able to see the flight of our balls while on the range.

Have a great day and stay well.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 0106 said:

Dogs in yellow?  Yellow dogs? My nephew just adopted this beautiful golden retriever.IMG_9539.thumb.jpeg.ffb6a176b4eb80008660784ec0b36469.jpegBut the day is really to raise awareness about anxious and reactive dogs.

IMG_0313.jpeg.66ed05bf03b543891f496421a34b4660.jpeg

Hoping everyone can find some happiness today.

What a cutie, Golden Retrievers are great dogs.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

Good morning.  Happy Hump Day.

Thanks for the Report.

Snow squall warnings for this afternoon.  I think I'll stay in and bake cookies, that will make my hubby happy.  🙂

Love the quote.

The meal sounds good, that may be dinner tonight.  I'll pass on the cocktail, I'm sure the wine will be wonderful.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.

Have a great day. 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 2

Good morning friends!  This Wednesday morning our temp is 40 at the moment but it shows it could drop as low as 37 before it's all said and done this A.M.  High will be 70 though with a mix of sun and clouds.  Not too shabby.

Thanks Jacqui @kazu and Roy @rafinmd for posting the Fleet Report and Daily as well as the fleet location maps for Rich @richwmn today.  Astrology Day and International Day of Happiness are nice to recognize, but Dogs in Yellow?  Apparently it's for anxious dogs. A very smart quote from Benjamin Franklin.  No thanks to the quiche, drink or wine.  Interesting days in history.  Thank you to Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for those reports each day!

Prayers said for my DB, Great Nephew Alex's twin boys, friends Scott, Susan and Sandy.  Special prayers for those at war in Israel and Ukraine, the hostages who need to come home, and the military members in danger in the region.  Prayers also said for all on our Care list and it seems to grow larger every day.🙏  Best of luck today to those seeking answers like Jacqui, Pennie, Ann's DD, Elizabeth, Vanessa, Annie and Chuck🤞 Best wishes to Brenda's DS at his master's defense today.  Congratulations to anyone with a special event to celebrate and all those on cruises or preparing for one!🚢🎂  Thank you Vanessa @JazzyV for the list keeping! 

The destination is Ile de Mayotte, French Comoros, Comoros.  From what I understand this refers to the island of Mayotte.  We haven't had that particular name shown, but we have had the port of Mamoudzou before on Sept. 4, 2022 and Nov. 29, 2023.  I can show those links just in case they are helpful.  Another destination missed due to Covid cancellations!

I hope all of you have a great day and please try to stay safe and keep well.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 7

Good morning.

It is raining and 48°F here.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet locations.

3 good days.

I will pass on the food and drink.

Prayers offered for anyone they will help.

I hope everyone has a lovely day.

Screenshot_20240320_104758.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 11

Posted (edited)

A nice collection of days to recognize. I am Aquarius. Glad to learn about Yellow Dogs. Good quote from Mr Franklin. The meal and wine sound good, pass on the drink, not been to the port. Big days on history. 

Work starts early w/2 calls - the 1st to discuss a computer one of my teams needs, the other is that continuing game of whack-a-mole w/my boss and his boss. We'll see if she shows today. 

No PT as I wait for a replacement FSA card, but I will do exercises at home.

Currently 48° headed to 73°, rain should start tonight and temps drop 10°.

Prayers 🙏 and positive thoughts for all.

20240320_055248.thumb.jpg.12ea23e7bd3036dd0ff72a6cd8198545.jpg

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 25
  • Thanks 2

Good morning Dailyites.

Thank you to all who contribute. Know you are appreciated. 

It was a long night with DH tossing about. 

I have the makings for quiche tonight but it is not broccoli and cheddar. We will have a salad and French bread to go along with it.

image.png.f7ad09e96dcbdc8c7a5455df8cadf6c2.png

I'm thankful to read about yellow dog shirts. I never knew.

My zodiac sign is Libra. Motto: I balance 

image.png.e7273fcc0be78c72e39e583749548a8f.png

image.png.cfd4d332f1a77a989c1cd87cf867167a.png

Wishing everyone a blessed day!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 3

Happy Wednesday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports.

Chilly and rain expected today. So interesting about Dogs in Yellow Day. Fancy is highly anxious when I take her on walks, A yellow harness would be appropriate for her. Chase continues to heal up nicely. He opted today that he was done with the bandage on his foot and somehow got around the cone of shame to remove it. It was to come off tomorrow. He is walking on it fine and his foot looks great. 

Have a hair appointment this morning and then grading a bunch of assignments and seeing clients this afternoon. I have another weekend of EMDR training this weekend. 

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating. 

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Pin by Rachel Summers on Cats | Wednesday memes, Funny wednesday quotes ...

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

@Haljo1935, I like the idea of talking with a Social Security Rep.  One, other thought.  Are there ways that might help you deal with your issues and still work such as a disability parking pass and or something like a wheelchair or rollator?

Roy

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2

Just heard tonight's Powerball is $680m. I will buy a ticket - winning would make me happy (after all, it is Int'l Day of Happiness) and the funds exceed my current pay and SS benefits 😊

• Like 15
  • Haha 8

Good morning, everyone!

It is going to be downright cold today with a high of only 30F.  At least we are supposed to get some sun today. That part will be good.  March seems to be confused here in mid-Michigan as it came in like a lamb and is going out like a lion. Oh, well, in a few months we'll be complaining about heat.  I have water fitness this morning and then this afternoon we are making a run to donate some clothes and lamps to the store that supports Shelterhouse, a refuge for battered women and children.  I also have to drop off DS Barb's and DBIL Rob's brackets to DB Jeff.  Barb emailed them to me late last night and I spent till midnight trying to print them out so they were readable.  Fun, fun, fun.

The quiche does sound good.  We will have it some night for dinner, but tonight we still have Beef and Guinness to finish off.  This first recipe helps cut calories by using 2% milk and half and half.  https://www.skinnytaste.com/crustless-broccoli-cheddar-quiche/

broccolicheddarquiche1.thumb.jpg.62668124bb98182c6c1b5439bc639a13.jpg

This next one does not cut the calories and uses the full heavy cream in the recipe.  It also adds shallots to the mix and uses gruyere cheese instead of cheddar.  I think that would be a great combination.    https://www.onceuponachef.com/recipes/crustless-broccoli-quiche.html

broccolicheddarquiche2.jpg.879bf212246768def6a9a6ba99f49338.jpg

This last one adds in onion and garlic, favorites of mine, and does cut the fat by using a reduced fat milk instead of heavy cream.  But, then it adds it back in with the sour cream.  https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/7922109/crustless-broccoli-cheddar-quiche/

broccolicheddarquiche3.thumb.jpg.f34c041d1849c216ca2139ff5d693d66.jpg

Hope this finds you all well.  Wishing for good results for @kazu Jacqui.  Also @Nickelpenny Pennie and @Vict0riann's DD.  Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 13