Rumors?

Are the rumors about Majestic Princess replacing Harmony Chinese restaurant with Sabitin's and converting the noodle bar on deck to  a Slice true?  And if they are true when is the change expected?

Just got off this ship and that was the rumor being spread by the crew.  Harmony is supposed to turn into The Catch by Rudi.  The Catch by Rudi is supposed to turn into Sabatini's.  The Chopsticks Noodle Bar will turn into Slice as you said.  Majestic is being decommissioned for 3 weeks in of March 2025 for a dry dock.  If these changes are going to happen, presumably, they would happen then.

• Thanks 1

Boo! Hiss! We loved the noodle bar. I like pizza as much as the next person, but the noodle bar was special. You can get pizza other places on the ship. 😧

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

While the noodle bar is a huge hit,  I wouldn't be too concerned about the one restaurant, Harmony.

The bigger concern is what will they do regarding the Hollywood area.

Maybe a last minute announcement, a-la SUN Princess, about the NEW SANCTUARY CLUB CLASS.

Another ship without an Adult Area.

Just Sayin'

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

While the noodle bar is a huge hit,  I wouldn't be too concerned about the one restaurant, Harmony.

Maybe a last minute announcement, a-la SUN Princess, about the NEW SANCTUARY CLUB CLASS.

Just Sayin'

Way to take one rumor and completely blow it up! 

• Like 3

Just now, Sea Hag said:

Boo! Hiss! We loved the noodle bar. I like pizza as much as the next person, but the noodle bar was special. You can get pizza other places on the ship. 😧

Hopefully they will continue the noodle bar in the buffet a couple times a week.  It was one of my favorites. 

• Like 4

We were just onboard for the 33-day TP, Sydney to Seattle, on the Majestic.  We had several conversations with Senior Staff Officers onboard.  As I mentioned in my "Live" thread, the Catch by Rudi will be moving to Deck 5, Harmony's current location.  Sabatini's will take over Catch's current location on Deck 7.  The Slice will replace the Noodle Bar on the Lido Deck.

All of these changes are to occur during the March dry dock in Palermo.

We will be onboard on Dec 1st for the 51-day voyage, LA to Ft Lauderdale.  I will be able to confirm these changes during this voyage.

Also of interest, a very Senior Staff Officer told us that there has also been serious discussions regarding changing the Hollywood Conservatory to a Sanctuary (a non-revenue venue to a revenue venue).

For us, these will be welcomed changes.  I know not all will be happy with these changes.  🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

I'm sure glad I got to cruise on the Majestic this past October. 26 days, L.A. to Sydney.

Loved the Hollywood Conservatory. But it is no surprise that they may convert it. Very sad, but no surprise. Still, I hope they don't...

• Like 1

We are on her in July 2025, sad not to try Harmony and the noodle bar but we do love Sabatini's so I am sure we will make the best of it 🙂 Sounds like she will be sparkly fresh for us, which is great and if the changes mean that another Royal class ship may sail more often from the UK then I'm all in for that 🙂

5 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

We were just onboard for the 33-day TP, Sydney to Seattle, on the Majestic.  We had several conversations with Senior Staff Officers onboard.  As I mentioned in my "Live" thread, the Catch by Rudi will be moving to Deck 5, Harmony's current location.  Sabatini's will take over Catch's current location on Deck 7.  The Slice will replace the Noodle Bar on the Lido Deck.

All of these changes are to occur during the March dry dock in Palermo.

We will be onboard on Dec 1st for the 51-day voyage, LA to Ft Lauderdale.  I will be able to confirm these changes during this voyage.

Also of interest, a very Senior Staff Officer told us that there has also been serious discussions regarding changing the Hollywood Conservatory to a Sanctuary (a non-revenue venue to a revenue venue).

For us, these will be welcomed changes.  I know not all will be happy with these changes.  🤷‍♂️

I would love the Hollywood conservatory to go back to an adult only area before our July 2025 cruise, obviously it would be nice if it was FOC but I'd probably be tempted to pay for a few days in there, if we could get space. 

• Like 1

Before Princess turns the Hollywood Pool/Conservatory into an adult's only paid Sanctuary, they need to figure out how to diminish the chlorine smell in the enclosed space.  I can see passengers who are paying to use the area complaining out the smell.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

I wonder if it would become a traditional Sanctuary or a Sphere Class Sanctuary that follows the “Suite and Signature Benefits Only” model. 

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I love it just the way it is now, too.  That noodle bar is my fav and I am actually one that loves Harmony, as well.  I think moving the Catch to the location of Harmony is true and opening Sabatini’s up at the location where the Catch currently resides is true.  I heard this directly from the F&B manager.  
Of note, the Discovery has a noodle bar in the buffet .. and it’s just as good as the noodle bar outside on the pool deck on the Majestic.  I was so happy to see it.  It’s obviously a super secret because there was never a line.  Hopefully, they will do the same on the Majestic if they replace the Noodle Bar with slice. 🤞  I think they had to have free pizza somewhere onboard since GiGis / Alfredo’s was changed to a casual dining venue. 

Edited by Cruise Raider
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

Where can you get decent pizza on "other places on the ship"?  We do not like the burnt pizza at Alfredo's.  Do not like a buffet on any ship.  My standard go to for lunch on any Princess ship is the pool deck pizza.  Room service is that burnt pizza.  I know I am weird, but I do not eat pasta.  Also, do not like all of the Chinese signage.  I think all of these changes are a major plus.

3 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Before Princess turns the Hollywood Pool/Conservatory into an adult's only paid Sanctuary, they need to figure out how to diminish the chlorine smell in the enclosed space.  I can see passengers who are paying to use the area complaining out the smell.

I love that smell .. even though I know it’s not entirely healthy for us to breathe that in over long periods of time.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Wishing on a star said:

Just Sayin'

Yep, staying off those myself.

Posted (edited)

We just finished 40 days aboard the Majestic. I loved the noodle bar, but Harmony was just so-so. The service in Harmony was excellent but the food was on the vanilla side. Not really great Chinese food, but not Panda Express.

I'm glad we got to sail on her before and "if"  the Hollywood area is changed to a paid Sanctuary. That would cut out a pool and leave just one for all the passengers that don't feel like paying for the area. On our cruise, the first leg was sold out and had kids on break. The pool areas never seemed crowded. I'm not a fan of inside pool areas, but did like walking through the Hollywood and being able to view out over the bow. I can see removing the musical instruments and blocking off the forward area but taking away the pool and jacuzzis would really be bad.

Edited by Yehootu
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Yehootu said:

We just finished 40 days aboard the Majestic. I loved the noodle bar, but Harmony was just so-so. The service in Harmony was excellent but the food was on the vanilla side. Not really great Chinese food, but not Panda Express.

I'm glad we got to sail on her before and "if"  the Hollywood area is changed to a paid Sanctuary. That would cut out a pool and leave just one for all the passengers that don't feel like paying for the area. On our cruise, the first leg was sold out and had kids on break. The pool areas never seemed crowded. I'm not a fan of inside pool areas, but did like walking through the Hollywood and being able to view out over the bow. I can see removing the musical instruments and blocking off the forward area but taking away the pool and jacuzzis would really be bad.

As for the comment about not being a fan of Chinese markings, Really? 

I think I said signage, not markings.  Do not actually know what "markings" are.  If I can't read it, I do not need it.  If 50% of the ship can read it, it is needed.  On our cruise, the majority of the passengers could not read it.  The ship is going to South America, Caribbean, and Europe.  Will the majority of people on the ship be able to read it?  This ship was built and labeled for the Chinese market.  Obviously, that did not work.