The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday June 1st, 2024

Today is International Children's Day, Global Day of Parents, and Heimlich Maneuver Day

He's not perfect. You aren't either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn't going to quote poetry, he's not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don't hurt him, don't change him, and don't expect for more than he can give. Don't analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he's not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don't exist, but there's always one guy that is perfect for you.--Bob Marley

Meal Suggestion for today - Classic Egg Salad
Drink of the Day - Garter Belt
Wine of the Day - Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2022 a squared Sauvignon Blanc
Destination of the Day - Kos, Greece

Today in History:
1968 Simon & Garfunkel's single "Mrs Robinson" from "The Graduate" hits #1 (first rock song to win Grammy for Record of the Year)

Ship Locations

Eurodam

Seattle, Washington 07:00 - 15:00

Koningsdam

Vancouver, BC Canada 07:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

At Sea Destination Vancouver, BC Canada eta 06-02

Nieuw Statendam

Copenhagen, Denmark 07:00 - 15:00

Noordam

At Sea Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 06-02

Oosterdam

Piraeus-Athens, Greece 07:00 - 16:00

Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands South Holland 07:00 - 16:00

Volendam

Montreal, Quebec Canada 07:00 - 15:00

Westerdam

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island Canada 20:00 - 23:59

Zaandam

Skagway, Alaska 07:00 - 21:00

Zuiderdam

Helsinki, Finland 06:00 - 17:00

0601Alaska.thumb.png.3fbeeee83232f08027df89c1d71d2af3.png

0601Atlantic.thumb.png.5d1a12a33149c7624257b08944fd7cd0.png

• Like 14
  • Thanks 30

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit! 🐇 Good morning friends and happy first day of June.  We’ve had a sunny morning in Helsinki with temps in the low 70’s.  This afternoon is cloudy and 79.  We took a shuttle ($12pp roundtrip) to Senate Square.  Too far for us to walk today.

Thank you Rich @richwmn for posting the Fleet Report and Daily.   I can certainly celebrate children, parents and the Heimlich Maneuver .  That is some quote by Bob Marley!  Is that the lyrics to a song or a true quote?  Egg salad is okay, but I have no idea about the drink.  I might like the Sauvignon Blanc.  It was a fun day in musical (and movie) history.  Thanks to our F&B ladies Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope, and Ann @cat shepard for your reports for us each day.

Prayers for DB, Alex’s baby boys, the people of Israel and Ukraine, the hostages still held, the military members in harm’s way, and our Care list individuals here on the Daily.  Praying for improvement in your conditions each and every day.  Ann @Vict0riann I’m sorry to hear about the carcinoma and hope the lumpectomy comes soon.  Best wishes to you as you as you heal and recover from it. 🙏 A salute to all celebrating happy events and cruising! 🚢 Thanks Vanessa @JazzyV for your list keeping each day!

The port today is Kos, Greece, a brand new one.  I’m fairly sure I haven’t been there before so no photos or links to post today.  If you have been there and would like to share your photos with us, please do!  Thanks in advance!

Have a great Saturday!  Stay safe and keep well!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 7

Today’s Care List:

Kazu with foot infection and having foot pain

Vict0riann’s biopsy results

Rafinmd’s church member Paul with pneumonia

Flooding and storms across the US, with loss of life: PNG landslides

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza, hostages still held

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Tana with chronic pulmonary issues, weakness

Haljo1935 with a frozen shoulder

Cruzin Terri with a painful shoulder

Marshhawk’s DH Catmando in a lot of pain

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Bon Voyage Mr. Boston!

Welcome back MrSnuggleupagus!

Quartzsite Cruiser’s new golf cart

Cruising-along’s BFF’s DIL Amber discharged from rehab to home

Nickelpenny post back surgery, now home, doing well

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

1 day for Luvteaching (Majestic Princess June 2 to June 9) Alaska Inside Passage

7 days for Suslor (Rotterdam June 8 to June 29) 21d Midnight Sun & Norse Legends

Mr. Boston (Volendam to June 8 ) 7d Canada/New England Discovery, Aliaschief (Azamara Onward WC to June 9, 156d World Voyage), StLouisCruisers (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels + Zuiderdam (June 8 to July 20) 42d Ultimate Viking Explorer & Passage and Mtn2Sea (Zuiderdam to June 8 ) 28d Passage to Normandy & Baltic Jewels

• Like 19
  • Thanks 26

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit

Unveil a taste of indulgence and seduction with the tantalizing "Garter Belt" cocktail. This intriguing libation is a decadent blend of tequila's boldness, the velvety smoothness of heavy cream, and the rich sweetness of white creme de cacao. Inspired by the allure of vintage fashion, the Garter Belt is a perfect companion for evenings of luxury and enchantment. Served in a sophisticated and alluring glass, it exudes an air of elegance and mystery. Whether you're seeking a drink to add a touch of seduction to your night or want to savor the essence of indulgence, the Garter Belt is the perfect sip to embrace a taste of sophistication and captivating allure.

Ingredients:

1 oz. blanco tequila
1 oz. heavy cream
1 oz. white creme de cacao

Directions:

Put all ingredients into a shaker filled with ice and shake until cold.
Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and garnish with a sprinkle of ground espresso and chocolate.

Screenshot 2024-06-01 at 6.31.31 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 18

Rabbit   Rabbit   White Rabbit

Hello June, please be a good month.

Thanks for the Report.

Three good days to celebrate.

Wonderful quote.  It sounds like something to be read at a wedding.

Love egg salad. The drink sounds interesting.  I'm sure I'll like the wine.

Prayers for everyone on the Care List.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1

Greetings from beautiful Port Charlotte.

70 right now with a sunny 90 later on.

Good selection of days.

Quite a quote, I hope my DW would agree.

I love egg salad sandwiches.

We've been to Greece but not Kos.

We are as of today officially in Hurricane season, predictions are for a busy season, we shall see and hope the predictions are wrong.

Have a great day and stay safe and well.

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the Reports!!! 

Today's days are perfect!  Children and Parents and a way to learn to help someone breathe again!!!  And our saying is fine, from Bob Marley -- although I would rather have heard him sing it!!

Our quail should start laying eggs soon.  Maybe I'll try Quail Egg Salad...  River, my child, raises them along with two chickens, and they'll soon be adults of laying-age!!  And a Garter Belt...  how fun!!!

@Vict0riann  My prayers continue for surgery and success!  HUGS and more HUGS!!!

BON VOYAGE @Mr. Boston!!!

Take care Dailyites and keep a smile on your face for you and to share!!!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 3

Posted (edited)

We had a sad email from our neighborhood Pod captain.  It seems a couple on the other street in our Pod went on vacation . While away someone broke into their home and stole both their cars and other items of value in the home.  They found the location of one of the cars through the Find My Car app on their phone.  The police had a chase involving one of the cars, an SUV, which was totaled when the culprits ran into 7 other vehicles along the way.  The second car was found in okay shape. 

Who did it?  The older couple's grandson and some of his "associates". 😲 People in the neighborhood had been worried about the break in since this is a rare occurrence in our location.  Imagine how humiliating this was to have to admit to the whole community that it was an inside job, and their own grandchild broke in and stole from them?!?  It puts all our minds at rest, but I feel terrible for them.  I can say with no doubt that my 4 grandsons and 2 granddaughters would never, ever do something like that.  Their parents can be proud of them and I let my son and daughter know it. 🥰

Edited by StLouisCruisers
grammar
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 17

Posted (edited)

Good morning.

Rabbit 🐇 Rabbit 🐇 White Rabbit 🐇 for good luck this month.

Thank you for today's daily reports.

It is sunny and 62°F here at 11.55am.

Parents and childrens days are important.

A customer of mine choked and died in her shop 10 years+ ago because no one knew the Heimlich manoeuvre.

Kos is lovely but lively on a night time.

I hope everyone is safe and well and y'all have a wonderful day.

3 bulbs have opened on the poppy plant with several more ready to open.

IMG-20240601-WA0000.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 4

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! Another spectacular morning here. The breeze started early this morning, so it was a bit cool until the sun came up. A perfect start to a new month. 

Vanessa, thank you for making sure all our happenings are shared. I marvel at your ability to do it. You sound so busy - I love to read your Daily, it reminds me not to take the everyday things for granted. 

Zumba, Bindi walks, chores, gardening and hosting dinner for friends. I am going to try air frying salmon for the first time. 🤞🏻Salad, wine of course and my friends are bring appetizers, veggies & dessert. 

IMG_2907.jpeg.0c49af497bfce9ab618ceaa1f4a6ebc4.jpeg

IMG_2944.jpeg.4ec6a969b11613ed45d88a0efa8eef7f.jpeg

IMG_2945.jpeg.2fe06ed3c06099c964492d7675fd1168.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. @Vict0riann Ann, I was sad to read they found a carcinoma. Praying that the removal is simple and TOTAL!

@grapau27 Graham, happy to read that you are feeling better. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today. 

Alexandria Nicole Cellars 2022 a squared Sauvignon Blanc

This Washington SB was chosen Wine of the Year by Savor NW. So if you are lucky to find it, get a bottle. I only found one place that ships to me. The price was a reasonable $26.00.

Winemaker’s notes 
The 2022 vintage delivered us a beautiful Sauvignon Blanc full of character and many different nuances. This wine offers the perfect middle ground between the more New World fruit-forward style of the Horse Heaven Hills and the more herbal, grassy style of New Zealand. Aromatically pleasing, this wine opens up with bright aromatics of grapefruit, tangerine, and fresh herbs. The palate is full of crisp grapefruit, Meyer lemon, and a mouth-watering acidity that brings a crisp, refreshing finish. While it’s great on its own, try this lovely white with fresh Puget Sound oysters and/or scallops, lightly seasoned roasted fish with potatoes and thyme, or pair it with a refreshing mandarin or spring panzanella salad.
VINTAGE
The 2022 vintage was a rollercoaster, to say the least. A slow start to Spring, which saw snowfall in the vineyards in April, then led to an unseasonably wet and cool beginning of summer. This caused the vines to get a very late start, but just when we were starting to worry a bit the typical beautiful warm weather of eastern Washington arrived in July and lingered on until well into October offering perfect ripening conditions.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 11

🐇  🐇  🐇 !  Thank-you for today’s daily report, recipes and lists.  Quite the nice selection of days.  DH saved a friend with the Heimlich Maneuver while dining in a French restaurant in Boston years ago.  My sister and young nephew who were visiting us from Michigan at the time were also at the table.  Needless to say DH became a hero in my young nephew’s eyes.  We all learned how important it was to know the Heimlich Maneuver.

The meal and drink suggestions sound great but another drink that I might have as dessert.

I haven’t been to today’s port.

It’s kind of exciting to be boarding the Volendam today.  This trip was planned a while ago.  Since planning it we’ve sold our condo in Boston and bought a home in Wells, ME so we’re in the middle of that move as I speak.  That whole process is nerve wracking so this trip has been a great diversion.  It helps to have the fantastic weather that we’ve had thus far.

Prayers for those on our care list, I hope things improve for you.  Cheers to those who are celebrating happy events today!

• Like 35
  • Thanks 3

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the Daily and the maps Rich!  I will recognize Children's and Parents Days though none for me.  I was saved once by the Heimlich Maneuver and used it twice on my Dad.  A  great quote by Bob Marley and Bridge Over Troubled Water is an all time classic. Pass on the meal and the cocktail but the SB sounds wonderful, I don't think I had one from the Pacific NW.  Thanks for researching these for us each day. 

Thanks for the Cares and Celebrations reports Vanessa.   Oh @Vict0riann I am so sorry your biopsy was positive and that they made you wait a whole week to get the results.    Prayers for your 100% healing.   Prayers for Chuck, Tana, @Cruzin Terri, @Haljo1935 and everyone else in our group who are ailing, healing or grieving.   

It is supposed to rain today and it is very badly needed.  It hasn't rained since last Friday and that wasn't much.  It will be a good day for me to sit around inside because my SI joints in my back are causing me a lot of trouble then for some reason I was breathless from my asthma.   No reason for that unless there is wildfire smoke and I haven't anything about that lately.  Nonetheless I got some weeding done and dinner cooked.  Back on the mend today but rest will help.  Have a lovely Saturday!  Nancy 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 7

Happy Saturday. Thanks for the Daily and Fleet reports.

Beautiful sunny and chilly morning. Just the way I like it. Plan is to clean out the last of the garden beds. Putting the plants into the ground hopefully tomorrow. 

Bon Voyage to @Mr. Boston.

Kitten Travel card | Affirmations Publishing House

Thinking of all on the care list. 

Celebrating with all who are celebrating.

Have a safe and healthy day. 

Happy Saturday Cat Gif Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook ...

• Like 25
  • Thanks 5

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit!

Good morning, everyone!

Farmers' market this morning followed by the annual art show downtown.  Last year there was a lady selling leather purses and I want to get one.  My current purse has seen better days.  Main Street downtown will be closed to traffic for two blocks and that will last all summer.  They'll have bands every weekend, restaurants will add seating outdoors, games will be available along the way.  Kind of a giant playground.  All is intended to draw people downtown.  And it works.  

We did have Farkle last night.  It was dependent on whether Bill and Lauren could drag themselves away from the new baby and come home from Holland.  They managed!  We had pulled pork sandwiches and coleslaw.  Easy dinner.  But, the dice were not kind to me.  Maybe next week.

Bon Voyage to @Mr. Boston.  Enjoy!  

@smitty34877 I hope you continue to enjoy your weekend away!

Today's meal sounds like it would be good for lunch.  My mom made a great egg salad and I always looked forward to that in my lunch.  Egg Salad

eggsalad1.thumb.jpg.df1431dc1f28e045b92440a9285013c8.jpg

This next recipe has some ideas on what you can add in to make this your own!  Things like bacon, avocado, horseradish, etc.  Mom didn't use the mustard this one calls for, but she was big on adding in chopped celery for flavor.  More Egg Salad

eggsalad2.thumb.jpg.f8a3f67389d3a9458dff637dfc3e5076.jpg

This last one is the simplest and comes the closest to Mom's.  The Final Egg Salad

eggsalad3.thumb.jpg.63a1db419c4a390efbd152955f52609a.jpg

I hope this finds you all well and I wish you all a wonderful day!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 16