WHO'S ON BOARD: Officers, Staff and Crew

C 2 C

On our previous cruise on the Silhouette (Sept 15 to Sept 26), we found that most of Staff Managers were exceptionally friendly.

Master: E. Alevropoulos

Hotel D.: Bradley Pavlik

Chief Engineer: Yannis Chazandroulis

CD: Lisa Richard

F&B M.: Koray Savas

Guest Relations: Sinisa Misetic

Executive Chef: Anthony Wilson

We were particularly impressed by Lisa Richard and the excellent duo she forms with her assistant. Lisa is more than a simple CD presenting the artists before the show and thanking them at the end. She is herself part of the show and an excellent singer. A look at her CV reveals that she is multitalented and highly qualified: BA in Chemistry and MBA, 20 years in management for Toshiba (up to V-P) followed by a second career as a performer in Mamma Mia! on Broadway. Quite impressive!

I am sure that the Master Captain, being with Celebrity since 1993, is highly qualified as a sailman but I can't comment on that; however, he also reveals himself as a good entertainer who participated in many events on stage and interacted a lot with the passengers. We also had some frienly discussions with the chief engineer including on one occasion where we had to wait for a tender to return to the ship.

All together they inspire and manage an excellent and very friendly crew.

Edited by vivi9909

We are going on Equinox in November, and I had seen Jason Ward listed as Cruise Director. Turns out, he has a Facebook page, which I clicked "like" on. 2 hours ago, he posts "Going home". Looks like we may need a new name to fill in the blank.

Master - Capt Michael Karatzas (leaving for vacation after our cruise)

HD - Benny Weidacher

CD - Jason Ward

Chief Engineer - Evangelis Saliaris

Staff Captain - Damianos Xenakis

F & B Mgr - Menze Heroian

Guest Relations Mgr - Jann Ramios

Exec Chef - German Rijo

CC Hostess - Rossy Anguelova (leaving for vacation 25th November).

Aside from the two mentioned above I'm not sure how long the rest will be on the ship. For those of you yet to meet CC Hostess Rossy, she is an absolute delight and best Hostess I've had on all of my cruises.

Phil

On our previous cruise on the Silhouette (Sept 15 to Sept 26), we found that most of Staff Managers were exceptionally friendly.

Master: E. Alevropoulos

Hotel D.: Bradley Pavlik

Chief Engineer: Yannis Chazandroulis

CD: Lisa Richard

F&B M.: Koray Savas

Guest Relations: Sinisa Misetic

Executive Chef: Anthony Wilson

We were particularly impressed by Lisa Richard and the excellent duo she forms with her assistant. Lisa is more than a simple CD presenting the artists before the show and thanking them at the end. She is herself part of the show and an excellent singer. A look at her CV reveals that she is multitalented and highly qualified: BA in Chemistry and MBA, 20 years in management for Toshiba (up to V-P) followed by a second career as a performer in Mamma Mia! on Broadway. Quite impressive!

I am sure that the Master Captain, being with Celebrity since 1993, is highly qualified as a sailman but I can't comment on that; however, he also reveals himself as a good entertainer who participated in many events on stage and interacted a lot with the passengers. We also had some frienly discussions with the chief engineer including on one occasion where we had to wait for a tender to return to the ship.

All together they inspire and manage an excellent and very friendly crew.

Home from Silhouette 9/26. While I wasn't wild about Lisa and her entertainment staff, I totally agree about the Captain. He's quite an entertainer and it's clear he enjoys it. I can't remember seeing another captain so involved in the entertainment sector! He was particularly hilarious in the Liars Club show. The officers overall were very visible and most of them were quite friendly, which we appreciated. I've rarely seen that in the past.

Does anyone know who the current captain on Century is? We heard that one of our favorite staff captains has been promoted to that post.

The captain of the Century right now is Nikolas Christodoulakis. He is a wonderful out-going guy. Before being promoted to Captain, he was staff captain on the Silhouette and other S-class ships.

Ah, I was just about to post a question to ask who was replacing Jason Ward as Cruise Director on Equinox (as I spotted the change of his Facebook page) ............... when I see here that Damien DeLorensis is the candidate. I was really hoping Jason would still have been on for my cruise next week, for something a bit more upbeat. Not keen to have Damien again.

Hopefully the "new" Master will be one of the fun informative ones. (earlier poster said MK was going on leave after the September cruise).

I have a question about ship codes used in the table. Are SL and SM what Celebrity uses to denote the ships? It seems like it would be less confusing to use SO and SU. Same for CS and CN, since CN could really be either Constellation or Century.

Edited by MisterBill99

I thought I posted this question a few days ago, but I can't find it, so I'm going to assume I did somthing incorrectly and post it again. Who is the current captain of the Century? We heard that one of our favorite staff captains got promoted to that post, and if that's true, we look forward to seeing him when we sail on Century early next year.

Never have understood the fascination people have with captains, cruise directors, or most other crew.

Take enough cruises with the same officers and you will come to understand that it's not a matter of "fascination", but rather a matter of enhancing ones cruise experience.

Take enough cruises with the same officers and you will come to understand that it's not a matter of "fascination", but rather a matter of enhancing ones cruise experience.

Amen to that! Amazing what a difference it makes in the cruise when the top officers are engaged and running a great ship.

Never have understood the fascination people have with captains, cruise directors, or most other crew.

When you interact with the crew, the next time you see them on a ship it is like being with old friends. On our Panama Canal cruise last year on the Millie, Rich, the CD, would stop by to pick up his coffee and Café El Bacio and vicariously have a Bloody Mary with us.

Jason Baynon, EC, not only personally signed my cookbook, but became a good friend. The "friends" we met on our several times on the Millie eventually were transferred to other ships. Now we are not afraid to try a new ship because we know SOMEONE will be on board that we know.

I think the Celebrity policy of the Officers interaction is a great one. I am sure it makes it easier to solve problems when there is always someone you can talk to about it. (notice I did NOT say complain!)

I believe the crew also looks forward to seeing friendly, familiar faces.

Edited by Keys Kathy
grammer

When you interact with the crew, the next time you see them on a ship it is like being with old friends. On our Panama Canal cruise last year on the Millie, Rich, the CD, would stop by to pick up his coffee and Café El Bacio and vicariously have a Bloody Mary with us.

Jason Baynon, EC, not only personally signed my cookbook, but became a good friend. The "friends" we met on our several times on the Millie eventually were transferred to other ships. Now we are not afraid to try a new ship because we know SOMEONE will be on board that we know.

I think the Celebrity policy of the Officers interaction is a great one. I am sure it makes it easier to solve problems when there is always someone you can talk to about it. (notice I did NOT say complain!)

I believe the crew also looks forward to seeing friendly, familiar faces.

Sorry to see Jason leave, but happy for his family. He was the greatest!

I thought I posted this question a few days ago, but I can't find it, so I'm going to assume I did somthing incorrectly and post it again. Who is the current captain of the Century? We heard that one of our favorite staff captains got promoted to that post, and if that's true, we look forward to seeing him when we sail on Century early next year.

I think you're speaking of Nikolas Christodoulakis. He is currently the captain of the Century, and yes, he is a great captain---very friendly and very present to his guests. Unfortunately for you, he will probably be on holiday by early 2014 since he started this stint on the Century in late Sept. Captains are usually on for 3 months at a time.