Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:56 AM.
Wisconsin
333 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
For a 15 day land/sea cruise in Alaska this coming June, I booked EZ Air flights last fall, monitored them daily, re-booked twice for lower fares, then continued to watch the flights checking on them daily for further reductions. No further reductions showed up, and nothing changed on the flight portion of my personalizer on Princess—all flights remained the same. However, “something” made me plug my locator number into the DELTA website, and that’s when everything blew up. The flight to Alaska was now an hour earlier with a longer layover, but the worst part was that our return flights were no longer in synch. The flights all over lapped and did not line up at all. There were red exclamation marks all over the page and notices to contact Delta immediately. I did that, but was told since the flights were not yet ticketed, I needed to contact Princess/EZ Air. It took well over an hour on the phone with Princess and resulted in very satisfactory flights. However….

Two items of note here:
#1 I’m not sure what would have happened if I had not had the “feeling” to plug my reservation into the Delta website. The problem likely would have come to light at final payment, and then I’m sure it would have been much more difficult to find flights similar to the ones I had booked last fall

#2 When I asked what I could/should do to avoid something like this happening again, she said it seemed to her to be quite a fluke, but to be certain of your flights —since the airlines can and do change/cancel flights all the time—occasionally checking your reservation on the airlines’ website is good advice.

Finally, If Princess is indeed reading these boards—kudos to Ophelia, the Princess rep who worked so very hard for me to resolve this issue. Thank you Princess and Ophelia!
San Antonio spaceship earth
8,523 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Thanks for the posting. We use EZair all the time these days and I always check my air reservation on the airline's webpage for problems like you cited. Your experience needs to be put in bold letters: ALWAYS CHECK YOUR FLIGHT RESERVATIONS ON THE AIRLINE'S WEBPAGE! While we have not had the experience the OP has had, our time is probably coming.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL: Rhapsody, 2003; Voyageur, 2008, 2009; Adventure, 2008; Navigator 2013; Mariner 2010, 2011
Holland America: Veendam, 2006
Princess: Caribbean 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018; Crown 2013, 2017; Emerald 2012, 2015, 2018; Golden 2012, 2014, 2015; Grand 2005, 2006; Island 2011, 2013; Regal 2016; Royal 2014; Ruby 2010, 2017, 2020; Sapphire 2019; Star 2014, 2019
Carnival: Elation 2005; Magic 2012, 2015; Breeze 2017, 2018; Vista 2019

castigat ridendo mores
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts - Mark Twain
Palm City, Fl
4,857 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
You may be missing the fact that this could all happen again before your Final Payment. Keep monitoring your flights.

Personally, I would never use cruise line air for domestic travel.

BTW, this is not specific to EZair....it is specific to the way that all airlines are currently managing their fleets and schedules.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Carnival Spirit 2003 (Caribbean)
Carnival Fascination 2004 (Caribbean)
HAL Noordam 2004 (Norway)
Celebrity Horizon 2005 (Caribbean)
Sun Princess 2006 (Caribbean)
Diamond Princess 2007 (Alaska)
Carnival Splendor 2008 ( E. Mediterranean)
Carnival Glory 2010 (b2b E+W Caribbean)
Emerald Princess 2012 (Caribbean)
Island Princess 2012 (Panama Canal-full transit)
Ruby Princess 2014 (Caribbean)
HAL Ryndam 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Ruby Princess 2014 (W. Caribbean)
Carnival Glory 2016 (Journey-E. Caribbean)
HAL Zaandam 2016 (BA to Santiago)

Crown Princess 2018 (Western Caribbean)
HAL Zuiderdam 2018 (Partial Canal)
Royal Princess 2018 (Quebec to Ft Lauderdale)
Mississippi
492 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
This exact problem happened to us on our Alaska cruise tour last June. Our departure flights were fine but the return was just like yours. I rec'd no email notice and called Delta. I was also referred to EZ Air/Princess. It took several phone calls and lots of time on hold, but we were booked on another airline on return and worked out well. Like you, I wondered what would have happened had I not checked the flights.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard Adventurer (8/73) Caribbean
Cunard Ambassador (4/74) Caribbean
Carnival Celebrity (6/87) Bahamas/USVI
Carnival Ecstasy (5/89) Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Fantasy (11/97) Bahamas/Key West
Norwegian Spirit (2/08) Western Caribbean
Coral Princess (9/11) Alaska
Emerald Princess (2/14) Eastern Caribbean
Regal Princess (10/16) New England & Canada
Coral Princess (5/17) Alaska
Crown Princess (4/18) Mediterranean
Upcoming:
Caribbean Princess (12/18) Canal
Grand Princess (4/19) Hawaii
usa
388 Posts
Joined Jul 2015
2 years ago on a West bound TA our return flight from FLL-LAX was cancelled while we were at sea, 3 days out, and only was notified when we tried to sign up for the baggage service upon docking. Delta blamed Princess EZ Air and Princess blamed Delta, we were finally given seats on our original flight but were not seated together, I gave up my Premium Economy to sit by my wife in Economy and the lady almost didn't take it. Delta seems to be the one that has the most issues, just saying.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Ontario, Canada
103 Posts
Joined Feb 2018
We booked our flights direct with Alitalia for our cruise out of Rome this August. The flights (business class non refundable) are non stop from Toronto to Rome. Price was $3157CDNper passenger, Princess EZ Air is currently offering the same flights for $6309 per passenger. Always check flight prices online, I used Expedia for final booking. Had an Alitalia representative reserve our seats.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Duane
San Diego
8,486 Posts
Joined Oct 2007
One should always check flights on the airlines web site if booked a long time in advance .This is not just for EZ Air flights but for flights booked in any manner even directly from the airline. Sometimes you get notified about changes and sometimes the computer doesn't notify you.
I was actually very impressed yesterday when I got an email from EZ Air telling me my flights(that aren't ticketed yet) for next December had changed times.
I went to the AA web site to see and indeed the flight times now were even better than when I booked.
Always check regularly !!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
UP next:
Coral Princess Panama Canal December 7,2018

Carnival Splendor April 13,2019-Yearly Mexican Honeymoon
Oceania Insignia November 9,2019-Cuba Adventure!

Palm Springs, Calif
42,919 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
Thank you for posting, while I have cruised more RCCL then Princess, when booking any flights whether through the Cruise line or on your own, it is wise to check you flights through the airlines regularly. I have also added to be notified of any changes on the airline web site.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email: GLea472968 at aol dot com
Alternate : Lea dot [email protected] dot between the Lea&gaye

Emerald Roll Call https://1drv.ms/x/s!AvfqBeEKG865gS-4hT-Oz90AfTzr
& FREEDOM Roll Call Sheets
14,006 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Believe me, it is NO fluke! I had the same thing happen but for mine, the flight was completely cancelled! I had no warning from Princess (did not expect warning from the airline since it wasn't ticketed yet). They automatically put me on a flight that was 90 minutes too early on disembarkation day. I would've never made that flight! I had to completely change air carriers and pay more for the new ticket. Argh! It really pays to monitor these things on your own.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
43 Completed Cruises so far - Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer
Upcoming Cruises:
6 Booked

2 In the works
Wisconsin
333 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by whatcruiseisnext
When we book EZ air with Princess there is ALWAYS a notice that comes up that tells us that we are responsible for checking the airlines website.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Sorry I missed that notice.
Scottsdale AZ
3,069 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Perhaps the notices are airline specific? We have exclusively used EZAir for United. As flight changes have occurred, we see the "Travel Arrangements" turn red while in the Cruise Personalizer and there are further warnings when we click on that link. The last couple of times our TA has forwarded a notice from Princess as well indicating that the flights times have changed. So there's lots of layers of protection, at least when it comes to United / Princess.

As for cost, there are some crazy low fares right now for some of the routes. For example, we were able to book flights for our January cruise to Singapore this week. United wanted over $1,000 round trip from Phoenix but for the same flights, EZAir was $740. Our friends are on the same cruise traveling from Chicago. Their round trip fare on United using EZAir was $570 per person.

It always pays to check multiple sources when booking airfare for a cruise, and also to check frequently for possible changes in flights or outright cancellations.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pre mid 1990's - a dozen or so cruises on Princess, Carnival, etc. Rediscovered cruising in 2008 and here's our roster since then:
Carnival Freedom – 09/2008 Mediterranean
Caribbean Princess – 12/2013 New Year's Western Caribbean * 05/2014 Western Caribbean
Coral Princess – 02/2016 Panama Canal Partial Transit * 05/2016 Celebrating Retirement Mini Coastal Cruise
Diamond Princess – 01/2013 Auckland to Sydney
Emerald Princess – 12/2010 Christmas Eastern Caribbean * 10/2014 Canary Islands & Madeira * 02/2015 Western Caribbean * 10/2017 Mexican Riviera
Golden Princess – 06/2008 Alaska Inside Passage RT Seattle
Grand Princess – 05/2009 Iberian Interlude RT Southampton
* 08/2018 Alaska Inside Passage RT San Francisco
Island Princess – 02/2009 Panama Canal Partial Transit
Regal Princess – 11/2016 Eastern Caribbean * 12/2017 Eastern Caribbean Medallion Preview
Royal Princess – 10/2015 & 01/2017 Southern Caribbean Medley
Star Princess – 05/2010 Baltic / Scandinavia / Russia * 10/2011 Greek Isles Venice to Rome * 12/2012 Around the Horn Valparaiso to Rio de Janeiro * 03/2013 Valparaiso to Los Angeles * 08/2015 Southbound Alaska * 08/2016 & 05/2017 Denali Explorer Land Tour + Southbound Alaska

Upcoming:
October 5, 2018 - Viking Longship Mani - Amsterdam to Basel for first river cruise
December 8, 2018 - Royal Princess - Western Caribbean
January 19, 2019 - Sapphire Princess - Roundtrip Singapore - Moveover cruise #1
July 13, 2019 - Royal Princess - Southbound Alaska - Moveover cruise #2
October 20, 2019 - Sky Princess - Inaugural Mediterranean
January 5, 2020 - Coral Princess - Antarctica and Cape Horn
900 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
Originally posted by The Wood Duck
We booked our flights direct with Alitalia for our cruise out of Rome this August. The flights (business class non refundable) are non stop from Toronto to Rome. Price was $3157CDNper passenger, Princess EZ Air is currently offering the same flights for $6309 per passenger. Always check flight prices online, I used Expedia for final booking. Had an Alitalia representative reserve our seats.
That seems really high. We used EZ Air last year round trip to Barcelona from Seattle. Business class was $2350 pp US. This July we are using EZ Air for our cruise out of London. Business class is $2415 pp. To top it off these were flexible fares that could be changed or canceled up to 45 days in advance.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Prior Cruises
Royal Princess - July 2018 (British Isles)
Royal Princess - September 2017 (Back to Back Mediterranean)
Regal Princess - July 2015 (Scandinavia and Russia)
River Splendor – August 2013 (Budapest to Amsterdam/River Cruise)
Crown Princess – June 2012 (Mediterranean)
Crown Princess - June 2009 (Mediterranean/Europe)
Tahitian Princess - September 2007 (South Pacific)
Grand Princess - June 2006 (Mediterranean)
Sea Princess - April 2000 (Western Caribbean)
Grand Princess - May 1999 (Eastern Caribbean)
HAL Maasdam - October 1998 (Columbia River)
Celebrity Mercury - April 1998 (Western Caribbean)
RCCL Song of America - March 1997 (Mexican Riviera)
Carnival Sensation - March 1996 (Eastern Caribbean)
RCCL Monarch - May 1994 (Southern Caribbean)
NCL Seaward - April 1993 (Western Caribbean)
NCL Westward - April 1992 (Mexican Riviera)
NCL Norway - May 1990 (Eastern Caribbean)
27,061 Posts
Joined Jul 2001
Originally posted by Worldtraveler 4727
I am using EZ Air for the first time and didn't notice the notice either.

Originally posted by azbirdmom
Perhaps the notices are airline specific? We have exclusively used EZAir for United. As flight changes have occurred, we see the "Travel Arrangements" turn red while in the Cruise Personalizer and there are further warnings when we click on that link. The last couple of times our TA has forwarded a notice from Princess as well indicating that the flights times have changed. So there's lots of layers of protection, at least when it comes to United / Princess.
I am using United also and really have missed it. I have checked the airlines website though. I am flying for $2700 Business Class, direct through United it is $8100.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email Me

Next: Crystal Mozart Christmas Markets
San Antonio spaceship earth
8,523 Posts
Joined Nov 2006
Originally posted by Worldtraveler 4727
You cannot miss the notice as it comes up and requires you to acknowledge the notice before you can proceed.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL: Rhapsody, 2003; Voyageur, 2008, 2009; Adventure, 2008; Navigator 2013; Mariner 2010, 2011
Holland America: Veendam, 2006
Princess: Caribbean 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018; Crown 2013, 2017; Emerald 2012, 2015, 2018; Golden 2012, 2014, 2015; Grand 2005, 2006; Island 2011, 2013; Regal 2016; Royal 2014; Ruby 2010, 2017, 2020; Sapphire 2019; Star 2014, 2019
Carnival: Elation 2005; Magic 2012, 2015; Breeze 2017, 2018; Vista 2019

castigat ridendo mores
Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts - Mark Twain
14,279 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
I'm guessing that many of us checked our flights again today; I know I did. Our incoming flights have all increased significantly. My cruise buddy's flight has decreased by about $25, but it is too late to do anything about that. Oh well.....
Virginia
53 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
I just checked my EZ Air today after reading this post. I’ve had good experiences with Princess Air until this upcoming trip. A couple of weeks ago I was checking my air and even though I could see the air reservation in my cruise personalized and I paid for the air in January, it said my reservation had been canceled. When I called Princess they said my travel companion canceled the flights in October. I asked how that could be possible when I, the person who booked the trip, never received confirmation of such a change AND I paid for the flights 4 months after the reservation was canceled AND the reservation was still showing on my personalizer. Their only response was “Yeah, that is really strange.” So I agree. Check often.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Chelsea MA
5,366 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
[quote=whatcruiseisnext;55506563]When we book EZ air with Princess there is ALWAYS a notice that comes up that tells us that we are responsible for checking the airlines website.

This is one of the reasons I don’t use EZ air. I don’t have the time to be checking airline websites all the time.
Tony
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
1,964 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
[quote=Lucky TGO;55508082]
Originally posted by whatcruiseisnext
When we book EZ air with Princess there is ALWAYS a notice that comes up that tells us that we are responsible for checking the airlines website.

This is one of the reasons I don’t use EZ air. I don’t have the time to be checking airline websites all the time.
Tony
We find that using EZ air for Transatlantic cruises offer a significant savings that makes checking your airline website worth it. For instance....if we booked a one way flight from Europe after our Transatlantic this April 2018 on our own it was $2300. Using EZ air we were able to purchase the same flight on the same airline for $475. That was a no-brainer for us. I can check every week to make sure that all is well for that savings. It takes literally about 2 minutes....if that. It certainly is not a bother.

We have also used EZ air for domestic flights as well with savings over what we could get by booking directly with the airline.