Cruise or No Cruise Deal Breakers

voljeep

What would cause you to not book a cruise if you found out ..... ?

No center stairs !

No aft adult pool !

Only traditional dining !

No Crooners !

KORY is in CROONERS !!!!!

Seriously , is there anything that would be that minor that would cause you to not book that cruise???

Edited by voljeep

What would cause you to not book a cruise if you found out ..... ?

No center stairs !

No aft adult pool !

Only traditional dining !

No Crooners !

KORY is in CROONERS !!!!!

Seriously , is there anything that would actually that minor that would cause you to not book that cruise???

I would not book a cruise if traditional dining was the only option.

Certain notorious Cruise Critic posters also onboard?

(Actually I have been there done that: booked a 22 day B2B on the QM2, found out that a well known complainer from the Cunard board was on first leg. Recognized him by reputation the second I saw him on board, managed to avoid for the remainder ).

So on second thought, no, nothing. Except maybe butter rationing....

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Isn't TD the only option on Pacific Princess?

While not absolute "deal breakers" I would greatly prefer to sail on Princess ships other than Island Princess and also would like to never have J J Ulrich as CD on any cruise ever again.

Isn't TD the only option on Pacific Princess?

That's correct. The Ocean Princess and the Dawn Princess are two other ships we've sailed with only TD.

Our TD experience on the Ocean Princess turned out to be pretty good though. We've had two cruises on her, one for 61 days and the other for 64 days. On the first, we had table for four with another couple who after a delightful evening (or so we thought) decided they really liked to have a more private dinner where they could recap their day and plan the next. The Maitre'D moved them to a two-top so close to a long table for eight it might as well have been a table for ten. It was right on a major walkway as well so really pretty terrible. Our table for four was in the middle of the dining room in a raised area where we had a great view of the room and out all the windows. Really nice neighbors too. We stayed as two for the remainder of the cruise. With the extra two seats we had the opportunity to invite passengers we met to dine with us. NICE!

On the other Ocean Princess cruise we had six great table mates with a long table right at the aft windows. We all switched seats nightly so everyone could get to know each other. It was really a lot of fun. We considered ourselves lucky.

So, after all that long explanation, I wouldn't let TD only be a deal breaker. None of the items on the original post wouldn't be a deal breaker either.

I think what might kill the deal for us is a Royal-class ship going into a smaller port we really want to see at the same time as a bunch of other ships. Too many people for too small of a port. We don't mind big ships in "big ports" though.

I do agree with CulverCityCruiser, no balcony, probably no go although if there are enough other inducements and possibly a short trip, I might overlook not having a balcony.

Fully agree. All the other items mentioned by OP are minor. As I have been on several cruises in the past that had limited dining times, terrible beds, very small showers and no pools at all then those items are nit picking.

On the other Ocean Princess cruise we had six great table mates with a long table right at the aft windows. We all switched seats nightly so everyone could get to know each other. It was really a lot of fun. We considered ourselves lucky.

We did that one our 28 day cruise recently. We had a great group. We had asked for a table for 8 and ended up at a table for 10. It was an oval so it was harder to talk with everybody easily so we started switching around every night and it was great. We ended the cruise on November 5 and are meeting a couple from our table in a week or so when they come through the area. Very nice people.

If it was an itinerary that interested me I would book it.

Keith

Sometimes the itinerary can't make up for the horror of traditional dining for some people, us included. We've done a few traditional only cruises and have decided never again not even if the itinerary was the best we've ever seen.

We did that one our 28 day cruise recently. We had a great group. We had asked for a table for 8 and ended up at a table for 10. It was an oval so it was harder to talk with everybody easily so we started switching around every night and it was great. We ended the cruise on November 5 and are meeting a couple from our table in a week or so when they come through the area. Very nice people.

Nice begets nice, I have found.

I try to stay away from cruises that may have lots of kids. While I enjoy watching them, I hear from one side only so noise makes it difficult. Especially in those upper frequency ranges