Carnival Stock for OBCs

mcrcruiser

We just used our CCL srock purchase of 100 shares for 2 OBCs . One of for our 7 night Holland America cruise coming up Dec 9,2018 ,where we get $100 & ther other is for Princess Hawaii cruise booked for Dec 4,2019 ;which is 15 nights & a $250 OBC .

Soon we will book the Holland America May 24 ,2019 14 night Eastern & Western Caribbean cruise & will get another $250 in OBC

So since buying the 100 shares we will be getting $600 in on board credits plus the 3.5% dividend when we bought the stock . all in all we consider a very good deal :p

DH and I bought our shares last year on eTrade, in a joint account. When we booked two cabins (took friends) we deliberately booked one of us in each in order to get the $100 per stateroom.

We switched around once on board, and both got to keep the OBC.

We just used our CCL srock purchase of 100 shares for 2 OBCs . One of for our 7 night Holland America cruise coming up Dec 9,2018 ,where we get $100 & ther other is for Princess Hawaii cruise booked for Dec 4,2019 ;which is 15 nights & a $250 OBC .

Soon we will book the Holland America May 24 ,2019 14 night Eastern & Western Caribbean cruise & will get another $250 in OBC

So since buying the 100 shares we will be getting $600 in on board credits plus the 3.5% dividend when we bought the stock . all in all we consider a very good deal :p

Yep. Excellent deal.

Three nuances for you to consider:

• It's non-taxable because it cannot officially "be converted to cash". Use it, be sneaky, or lose it.

• The amounts vary by the length of cruise and the onboard currency ¹

• Military OBC is the same amount, so if one of you gets that, submit for SOBC in the other's

name to balance each other's OBC -- makes life simpler.

¹ With Princess that bites usually on Australia sailings where AU$ is the onboard currency. The

amounts are coïncidentally the same number as US$ cruises, but since it is in AU$, the "$100"

for a mid-length cruise is actually AU$100, worth only US$75 or so.

It all depends on when you purchased the stock. Anyone who bought when it was over $70 a share hasn't done so well now that the it's still hanging out below $60.

I'm glad I bought it in the low $30s.

Absolutely! We have never regretted buying the Carnival stock. (As for Royal Caribbean stock...though it has increased in value, it's almost impossible to get OBC with it.)

Carnival stock is a much better deal!

Thanks for all your replies .

I would encourage those who cruise a lot on Carnival owned lines oi buy the 100 shares . It is not only at a reasonable price ;but in addition to the on board credits you get ,it pays like 3.4% dividend & better than banks . :p

To us it was a win win :p

Thanks for all your replies .

I would encourage those who cruise a lot on Carnival owned lines oi buy the 100 shares . It is not only at a reasonable price ;but in addition to the on board credits you get ,it pays like 3.4% dividend & better than banks . :p

To us it was a win win :p

One caution. In 2008, CCL paid no dividends because of the bad economy -- no one was taking

vacations. In 2012, Costa Concordia was a CCL ship, and it's sinking (seems more recent than that)

hurt CCL's stock price if you needed to sell then.

That being said, I've got my 100 shares.

CCL stock has been a good investment. I also had RCL but they always seemed to have some reason that the credit wouldn't apply. CCL has never denied me the credit. Recently we booked on a flash sale. Got a real good rate. I was so sure Princess would deny my credit based on the fare (much like RCL) that I wasn't even going to bother but my wife wanted me to try anyway. I submitted my proof of ownership by fax and a couple hours later we had our credit on our booking.

CCL stock has been a good investment. I also had RCL but they always seemed to have some reason that the credit wouldn't apply. CCL has never denied me the credit. Recently we booked on a flash sale. Got a real good rate. I was so sure Princess would deny my credit based on the fare (much like RCL) that I wasn't even going to bother but my wife wanted me to try anyway. I submitted my proof of ownership by fax and a couple hours later we had our credit on our booking.

As I understand it (and, unfortunately, I'm not Princess, drat!), the key is whether your fare was offered to

the general public. Flash sales are offered to the general public.

One caution. In 2008, CCL paid no dividends because of the bad economy -- no one was taking

vacations. In 2012, Costa Concordia was a CCL ship, and it's sinking (seems more recent than that)

hurt CCL's stock price if you needed to sell then.

That being said, I've got my 100 shares.

Good thoughts. As you proved, stock prices are volatile and there is no guarantee you will get back what you originally paid for it.

Between OBC on cruises and stock dividends, I have already received over 100% of what I have paid for 200 shares of CCL. (Why 200 shares? When the price dropped at one point, I bought the additional 100 shares as a great investment opportunity.)

So Im curious about the stock purchase & credit provided.

Im going on a 4 day cruise December 2018. Im slated to receive $100 OBC from my TA and $25 from carnival.

Reading through the cc explanation, I could get $50 OBC for owning the stock.

However, since OBC can not be stacked will the Carnival OBC of $25 be counted towards the stock OBC or will both the TA & Carnival OBC be counted, in essence wiping out any credit I would get from purchasing the stock?

TIA for your help.

So Im curious about the stock purchase & credit provided.

Im going on a 4 day cruise December 2018. Im slated to receive $100 OBC from my TA and $25 from carnival.

Reading through the cc explanation, I could get $50 OBC for owning the stock.

However, since OBC can not be stacked will the Carnival OBC of $25 be counted towards the stock OBC or will both the TA & Carnival OBC be counted, in essence wiping out any credit I would get from purchasing the stock?

TIA for your help.

If you are already getting $25 from Carnival then your cruise must be on Carnival, this is the Princess forum, which although wholly owned by Carnival Corporation is technically autonomous and has different policies to Carnival Cruise Line.

Princess do allow stacking of OBC, I have no idea about Carnival Cruise LInes policy about stacking.

Try the Carnival forum?

Question to those in the know. Ds often splits a room with my sister to cut costs for both of them. Sis has stock and gets her obc. Ds was thinking of purchasing the stock, but can he get the obc if sis is getting it in the same room? Different last names and addresses in different states if that makes a difference.

He doesn't want to buy stock just to get turned down.

Question to those in the know. Ds often splits a room with my sister to cut costs for both of them. Sis has stock and gets her obc. Ds was thinking of purchasing the stock, but can he get the obc if sis is getting it in the same room? Different last names and addresses in different states if that makes a difference.

He doesn't want to buy stock just to get turned down.

No. It is one OBC per cabin.