A Poor Imitation Of Celebrity

I know it was way back in May but we sailed Adventure which had come out of a supplemental drydock in February. The ship was in great shape, very clean, and the hand sanitizers were present in both the Jammer and the MDR. We had a great time. We sail both Celebrity and Royal and enjoy them both because they are different. Celebrity is a laid back cruise while Royal is busier with more activities. The only time we've received water in a carafe on Celebrity was in Aqua Class. We've done suites and concierge class with no water in a carafe. While the iced towels and water returning to the ship on Celebrity are a nice touch, we've never taken advantage. We're not show people unless we're on an Oasis Class but we prefer Royals pub and piano bars over Celebrities entertainment in the Grand Foyer. Main dining room experiences are a draw but that may vary a little by ship. The problem with the OP's review is he wasn't on the ship, he didn't highlight anything but the negative, and he assumed the two lines to be the same.

Calling RCI cruisers a bunch of fools as OP did is pretty rude in my book.

And the use of all of those loaded adjectives and snarky asides and the pettiness of many of the issues made it look a lot more like a hit job than an objective review IMO. No dog in the hunt since I haven't (yet?) sailed on RCI, but a review of that nature would not deter me.

I wasn’t on the same sailing. The first sentence of my post makes that clear.

I am a member of Cruise Critic. My wife is not. She asked me to post her experience which may be of interest to other Cruise Critic members.

Oh good grief.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Forums mobile app

We cruise on Royal Caribbean fairly often and always see hand sanitizer available at the first card check station leading to the gangway. There is also a crew member with hand sanitizer stationed at the entrance to the Windjammer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I have never seen a water fountain on a ship?? I do admit I have never looked for one.

Being "trapped"while waiting to catch a tender is not very believable and overly dramatic. No one forces passengers to get off the ship or to stand in line. Instead of waiting in a long line the minute the ship starts tendering, you can choose to wait in a comfortable location until the earlybirds have tendered to the island, and then get in a much shorter line that moves quickly to board the next tender.

All in all, it sounds to me like your wife's low expectations were met perfectly!

In the gyms/fitness centers.

I wasn’t on the same sailing. The first sentence of my post makes that clear.

I am a member of Cruise Critic. My wife is not. She asked me to post her experience which may be of interest to other Cruise Critic members.

It's remarkably easy to sign up for Cruise Critic. Perhaps you could assist her.

You just proved the OP's point, only in the fitness center on Royal, unlike Celebrity ships that apparently have them lining the hallways to the tender boats.

I must have overlooked them on our B2B cruise (March/April 2018) on the Equinox. I will be on the lookout for them on our upcoming September 2018 Infinity cruise. ;p

Funny to watch all of you RCI cheerleaders attack this poor man. We like the value of RCI and travel in suites because of the good price and because we have young children. But for that, we would travel on Regent and similar lines. Those of you that think the MDR food on RCI is good have no idea what a good meal is.

OP, I have traveled on older RCI ships and never will again. Perhaps you can help your wife join CC so she can experience all the nasty trolls on here.

Enjoy your next cruise on Celebrity!

Any passenger who is willing to accept without complaint no hand sanitizers, dirty bathrooms, dirty restaurant tables and rusty accommodations is a fool. But hey, that’s just us. Without bringing those observations to RCCL’s attention (as she did both on board and in her on-line survey) is denying the cruise line the opportunity to market a better product. Which is a disservice to both the cruise line and potential passengers.

Sorry.. I have to stop here. No offense, but your Wife is either blind, or lying!

Sorry.. I have to stop here. No offense, but your Wife is either blind, or lying!

Wait, I am sorry. There is a third option... this is all made up BS. While I like RCI, I am not a cheerleader, but these supposed third party observations are not even remotely credible.

Funny to watch all of you RCI cheerleaders attack this poor man. We like the value of RCI and travel in suites because of the good price and because we have young children. But for that, we would travel on Regent and similar lines. Those of you that think the MDR food on RCI is good have no idea what a good meal is.

OP, I have traveled on older RCI ships and never will again. Perhaps you can help your wife join CC so she can experience all the nasty trolls on here.

Enjoy your next cruise on Celebrity!

Did you read his review? They LIKED the food. It was one of the few areas that "she" praised!

Youve been rude and condescending to people ever since you started this thread and you are gonna have the nerve to call someone rude? Pot meet kettle. As far as the rest of what youve posted. its nothing but opinions through someone else's eyes but your own. I doubt anyone is going to take you very seriously.

Thank you for your response. As you said, all of this is strictly one's opinion and you know what they say about opinions!!!

We have been on numerous RC Cruises. It's all what you make it. Maybe that is why we bring all the amenities we need as my wife is extremely particular about everything . I must say that we

have never had any complaints or problems with anything on Royal.

We took one Celebrity cruises and hated it and probably never will take another but that's our opinion.

Trial attorney. So unless she was the Doogie Howser of litigators . . .
Someone said the daughter should have went with a friend but maybe the daughter and her friends are under 21 so she had to go with an adult ie her mam as per RC US regulations.

Each ship and experience are particular to only one point in time. Enjoy the moment.!

Boy you can say that!! We went on a B2B and the difference between the pax was astounding, as was the offerings in the Windjammer. The "pool police" were out in force on the 2nd leg and had been noticeably absent or just not standing right by the side of the pool.

So, my last cruise was with Celebrity. Did I like the ship? Yes, it was very nice. The icy towels and ice water upon returning? Yah, that was nice too. But, there was RUST on my balcony! That was conspicuously absent from their brochure as well. The bathrooms did not have an attendant in them all the time and the floors were wet. It was a bit slippery in the bathrooms. I do not recall there being a shower cap available in our room and we were in a Concierge Class stateroom. Apparently I lacked in preparation as well - but I did figure out the dining room lunch on embarkation day for Concierge Class! And the entertainment? Oh dear! I endured a horrible night at their Broadway production. I would have left right after the start if I wasn't hogging a seat for the comedian who was up after that show. I had to wake my husband several times - not that I cared he was sleeping but the snoring was getting quite loud. :o

Will I abandon RCCL and jump to X? Nah. A lot I liked about them, but I don't consider myself quite mature enough for the crowd. Maybe in 10 years. If I'm not mature enough by then, I guess I will never grow up. I know I am scheduled for them again but I chose the itinerary, not the ship.

I tend to think of the two lines in star rating terms with Royal being 3 star and Celebrity being 4 star, or if you are a suite cruiser 4 and 5 star respectively. Both have dumbed down the product over the last 10 years despite any marketing hype!

I write from an Elite Plus and earned Diamond ( soon to be Plus ) non suite cruiser perspective.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

I tend to think of the two lines in star rating terms with Royal being 3 star and Celebrity being 4 star, or if you are a suite cruiser 4 and 5 star respectively. Both have dumbed down the product over the last 10 years despite any marketing hype!

I write from an Elite Plus and earned Diamond ( soon to be Plus ) non suite cruiser perspective.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

Personally, I would reverse those ratings. Celebrity would be a star point LESS than RCI. We enjoyed 25 days(2 sailings) with Celebrity, but were in no big hurry to go back.

I have seen - and been in - long lines waiting for tenders. It does happen.

Agreed! I didn't mean it doesn't happen. I meant it is purely a choice whether or not to stand in a line like that. No one forces you to do it and certainly, you are not "trapped".