Princess Tote Bags...Is Princess giving them out?

trbarton

I was on the Ruby in April & was told by my steward that Princess was no longer giving them out. They are not anything special but handy to use when going off the ship.

When I asked the cruise director he indicated that they were being redone with a different design & material.

What's been people's experiences?

Tom😀

I was on the Ruby in April & was told by my steward that Princess was no longer giving them out. They are not anything special but handy to use when going off the ship.

When I asked the cruise director he indicated that they were being redone with a different design & material.

What's been people's experiences?

Tom😀

That means to me they've found a way to construct them out of cheaper material.

What's next? A heavy duty plastic grocery bag?:(

Based on recent posts about the bags, it could be an inventory issue on some ships. If they're creating a new design some ships may have depleted their supply of bags until receiving the new version. Maybe that is why passengers on some ships receive them but not on other ships.

When switching from small bottles of toiletries to the tubes passengers had different experiences. Cabin attendants gave conflicting reasons why the small bottles were unavailable which may be the same situation when bags are unavailable.

I don't understand what the fuss is. Taking those bags ashore just tags you as a tourist, which isn't a really smart thing to do!

Uh, if you think carrying the bag denotes you as a tourist or local... well, let's just say one might be a bit naive with that perspective.

I kind of like the bags. It's a cute little reminder and it's trivial enough to abuse the hell out of it without regret. No big deal if they go away, but it's a little "bling," very little.:cool:

I don't understand what the fuss is. Taking those bags ashore just tags you as a tourist, which isn't a really smart thing to do!

I look like a tourist with or without a Princess bag.

o camera

o hat to protect from the sun

o often very different ethnicity than the local population