Cruise ships Comming in Days Early to FL to Drop off passengers

miched

Wife said that seen on the news that some cruise lines are cutting their cruises short g 2 to 3 days to drop off passengers in FL

How idiotic can that be? Where are these people going to go?

If they have flights where are they going to stay? They won't be able to fly home early, and chances are won't be able to in their scheduled flight. They will be stranded with nothing. Probably wont even have a way to leave the port.

If they are driving they will be stuck in traffic and won't have any provisions, and just add to the problem.

The ship will have to leave the port as it is safer at sea. The pasengers on the next cruise won't be able to board so why not just keep the people that are currently on to ride it out. We were stuck on a ship for a few days because of storms. It wasn't as if we got extra days for free as it wasn't the same feeling of being on a cruise. The pools we empty, everyone was packed and ready to go home. Most people were busy trying to make arrangements to get back home when we did disembark, but at least we had a place to eat, sleep and have any other comforts that the people on land won't

Not a good situation at the present time for anyone that is on or going on a cruise out of the areas affected.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

NCL is dropping off cruisers that want to be dropped off. Anyone who stays on gets a free cruise to nowhere, with no idea of when or where they will end up porting.

The following link, posted on the NCL sub-forum, details the shortened cruises and other actions being taken for the protection of their customers:

https://www.facebook.com/Norwegiancr...55848293186414

Excellent customer service.

Idiotic? not if you read the entire article.

I also read about them dropping off those that want dropped off, and anyone that wants to stay on can. They are recommending that unless you have arraigned an early flight home or live in the area that you stay on board since they feel that is the safest option. They need to port anyway to pick up food and fuel for the additional days they will be at sea.

Sounds like fake news to me. My mailman is currently on a cruise. He gets some extra days free. The Port of Miami is closing tomorrow, per its website. Port Everglades can't be far behind. Don't understand why you want to spread unverified information.

NCL press release indicates Escape and Sky were dropping off passengers today. Escape is allowing passengers to stay on if they wish. Sky is returning one day early - presumably because the port will be closed tomorrow.

Not sure why Miched feels it's "a bad" situation for anyone that is on or going on a cruise out of the areas affected.

Seems like the perfect solution. Wanna leave the ship, leave and head home. Can't or don't want to check out stay aboard and sail away.

I don't think any passenger would expect any better.

5 Stars.

NCL press release indicates Escape and Sky were dropping off passengers today. Escape is allowing passengers to stay on if they wish. Sky is returning one day early - presumably because the port will be closed tomorrow.

We have friends that just arrived back in port today, two days early on the Escape. They were allowed to get back on the ship and sail on a cruise to 'nowhere' without knowing how long they will be out at sea or where they are going or where they will ultimately disembark ... OR, they could disembark in South Florida and go home if they choose to do so. There is some compensation for those that have chosen to disembark early and also for those that have decided to remain onboard if they have to disembark at a different port. The ship was picking up some extra supplies and the 'next up' cruise has been canceled. All is unknown at this point. Some care, some don't. Our friends are retired and live in the Ft Lauderdale area so decided to stay on for the next cruise, however long that will be. They did go back to their house to batten down the hatches and exchange some clothing ... headed back to the ship, as at least they will be safe at sea far far away from where Irma is raging.

It's not idiotic at all ... it is giving people choices in an unprecedented situation.

Not sure why Miched feels it's "a bad" situation for anyone that is on or going on a cruise out of the areas affected.

Seems like the perfect solution. Wanna leave the ship, leave and head home. Can't or don't want to check out stay aboard and sail away.

I don't think any passenger would expect any better.

5 Stars.

It is not a good situation because people are on a cruise in a hurricane. Not good.

Others are on their way or have planned for months and now the cruise may be canceled and if they are already in the area as some will go in days before they are stuck. Not good.

Wouldn't want to be anyone of them as I have been in both of those situations and know what they are experiencing.

But you don't you think it is as you wrote a "bad" situation because it is the perfect solution. Not the way I would want to end or start a cruise again. Maybe with some luck on your next cruise you will be in that situation to have that perfect solution.

Yes some of the cruise lines are accommodating them but it is not a good situation to be in.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

It is not a good situation because people are on a cruise in a hurricane. Not good.

Others are on their way or have planned for months and now the cruise may be canceled and if they are already in the area as some will go in days before they are stuck. Not good.

Wouldn't want to be anyone of them as I have been in both of those situations and know what they are experiencing.

But you don't you think it is as you wrote a "bad" situation because it is the perfect solution. Not the way I would want to end or start a cruise again. Maybe with some luck on your next cruise you will be in that situation to have that perfect solution.

Yes some of the cruise lines are accommodating them but it is not a good situation to be in.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

I guess it would have been better to quote your whole opening post which starts:

Wife said that seen on the news that some cruise lines are cutting their cruises short g 2 to 3 days to drop off passengers in FL

How idiotic can that be? Where are these people going to go?

I read that Royal Caribbean is using Enchantment of the Seas to evacuate employees and their dependents. The ship became available after the hurricane forced a cancellation of a scheduled Bahamas cruise. Nice move by the company.

It is a perfect solution, given the circumstances. Everyone can decide for themselves the best option given their own personal situation. Excellent job by the cruise line.

Agreed! Anyone who books a cruise during hurricane season needs to accept the risk that Mother Nature will hamper their plans. Personally, I would never book a cruise during June- mid November for that reason.

Don't know why the OP's post was deemed Fake News.

Not all cruise lines are handling the situation as those mentioned above.

My sister was on a Disney cruise that was scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Sat). The cruise was cut short and they disembarked yesterday (Thurs.). EVERYBODY off the ship. She lucked out, as a Disney timeshare owner she was able on her own to get accommodations at their resort.

What I DON"T know is whether or not the ship might have actively tried to secure accommodations at their various properties. Do know that lines at Customer Service was 3 hrs. long.

It is not a good situation because people are on a cruise in a hurricane.

It's most likely the safest place to be if you are a Florida resident. The ship will sail away from the storm. It will no doubt be a bumpy ride but at least you will have food, shelter, electric and medical attention if needed. I would rather take my chances at sea than be a sitting duck on land.

It's most likely the safest place to be if you are a Florida resident. The ship will sail away from the storm. It will no doubt be a bumpy ride but at least you will have food, shelter, electric and medical attention if needed. I would rather take my chances at sea than be a sitting duck on land.

Count me as times two! Huddled in a shelter or sitting at the Sky Lounge.... hmmmm

Cruise lines seem to be doing a good job under the circumstances,...

People without flights better off staying away from airports..they are not shelters. At sea is a good option. Those with parked cars at the port, they are insured..best spot is not on ground floor ..but you never know

Praying all are safe!

Sounds like fake news to me. My mailman is currently on a cruise. He gets some extra days free. The Port of Miami is closing tomorrow, per its website. Port Everglades can't be far behind. Don't understand why you want to spread unverified information.

It's NOT Fake News & it is verified information!:cool: