No more Cruise Logs

JennysUncle

I know on Princess that I was told that any papers to be distributed that needed to be folded were folded by the stateroom attendant. If it's the same on HAL, I can see that switching to what was seen on the Zuiderdam would save trouble.

Received an email this morning from HAL, saying they apologize they are unable to offer Cruise Logs, but that my feedback would be sent to the relevant departments to see if reintroducing them would be possible. I hope lots of CC members send emails so the office of the President understands how important this small sheet of paper is to long-time Mariners.

Received an email this morning from HAL, saying they apologize they are unable to offer Cruise Logs, but that my feedback would be sent to the relevant departments to see if reintroducing them would be possible. I hope lots of CC members send emails so the office of the President understands how important this small sheet of paper is to long-time Mariners.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I still wonder at their choice off the word unable... I wonder what makes them unable to prepare and distribute a log that has been done for years and years and a huge number of cruises Unable? this is the second time they have chosen such as an excuse..... seem s more like unwilling IMO.

(y)(y)(y)I agree 100% - if the Cruise Log is important to you, send your views/wishes to HAL HQ via e-mail or snail mail!!!

Exactly. And it sounds like they were referring to that ship, that sailing. Previous reports indicate a change in the near future. And yes, we will find out eventually.

Of course Henk Mensink could get it wrong........ he is no t ' i mmune; ; to error.

Thanks for sharing this with us. I still wonder at their choice off the word unable... I wonder what makes them unable to prepare and distribute a log that has been done for years and years and a huge number of cruises Unable? this is the second time they have chosen such as an excuse..... seem s more like unwilling IMO.

This part is the most annoying.....they refuse to give us the real reason and pretend that this is somehow a difficult thing to do.

" rafinmd THREAD STARTER 10,000+ Club #362 Central Maryland 16,953 Posts Joined Mar 2009

Posted Today, 09:52 AM

. . . I did get a "sort of" cruise log after dinner. I've already packed my scanner so I won't post it until after I'm on the Prinsendam.

Roy "

This does look like progress on the Grand Asia Voyage. :)

Barbara

The ms Amsterdam's Cruise Log makes me feel hopeful. Henk Mensik kept his word and did his best.

Barbara

Yah! That’s a totally fine log in my book. There’s no reason to have to do fancy paper or trifold. This is much simpler and streamlined. And I bet, less work for staff.

Yah! That’s a totally fine log in my book. There’s no reason to have to do fancy paper or trifold. This is much simpler and streamlined. And I bet, less work for staff.

If the stateroom stewards had to fold and collate. I can understand the pushback. A one pager is simple and does the job. If they want simpler, put them on a rack near the front desk.....people who want them can grab one....no waste.

I was on the Alaska and Coastal on the NA. This is what guest services sent me via email in response to my cruise log request and I sent them my booking #'s. I wasn't on the canal transit.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your ms Nieuw Amsterdam sailing. We also apologize for our delayed response and appreciate your patience.

Regarding cruise logs, we’re not currently able to provide these for our sailings. We’re sorry for any disappointment at not receiving this document for your voyage and will pass this feedback along to management so they may consider whether to reintroduce cruise logs to our fleet in the future.

The ship, however, has taken the time and has put together acruise log for you.

CRUISE LOG

21-DAY PANAMA CANAL

SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 – OCTOBER21, 2017

Captain: Jeroen van Donselaar

Hotel Director: Simon Tanner

Chief Engineer: GerhardusMensink

Staff Captain: Pieter Bant

Environmental Officer: TimothyCapel

CL.jpg.755bac0483bda0f3a7ac0532ea3efb8d.jpg

I was on the Alaska and Coastal on the NA. This is what guest services sent me via email in response to my cruise log request and I sent them my booking #'s. I wasn't on the canal transit.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your ms Nieuw Amsterdam sailing. We also apologize for our delayed response and appreciate your patience.

Regarding cruise logs, we’re not currently able to provide these for our sailings. We’re sorry for any disappointment at not receiving this document for your voyage and will pass this feedback along to management so they may consider whether to reintroduce cruise logs to our fleet in the future.

The ship, however, has taken the time and has put together acruise log for you.

CRUISE LOG

21-DAY PANAMA CANAL

SEPTEMBER 30, 2017 – OCTOBER21, 2017

Captain: Jeroen van Donselaar

Hotel Director: Simon Tanner

Chief Engineer: GerhardusMensink

Staff Captain: Pieter Bant

Environmental Officer: TimothyCapel

They could send them out via email after you send in your email survey. A little incentive.....

Not sure why they are fighting this......

" rafinmd #394 Central Maryland 16,968 Posts Joined Mar 2009

Posted November 4th, 2017, 02:54 AM

Thanks again everyone. I don't think what I shared is the new cruise log which may be somewhat different from what I posted but we'll see.. "

This was Roy's last cruise log comment. I remain hopeful.

Barbara

I must admit that I read the first page of this thread and the last page. I don’t know what is on the 17 pages in between but I have to say this is one change that I do not care about at all.

I’m wondering if they counted up how many of these logs were thrown in the wastebasket on the last day?

I must admit that I read the first page of this thread and the last page. I don’t know what is on the 17 pages in between but I have to say this is one change that I do not care about at all.

I’m wondering if they counted up how many of these logs were thrown in the wastebasket on the last day?

And they would join all the onboard art sale notices, store sales, and other rubbish we find, on a daily basis, at our door. In addition, we have little use for the silly medallions, pins, (I know we are tramping on sacred ground), arctic circle crossing certificates, equator crossing certificates, International Date Line crossing certificates, etc. etc. But we will acknowledge that some (or all) of this stuff is important to some folks. It is the same with the Mariners Party where folks will wait in line for a half hour to just see the Captain and get a free drink (usually lousy). I never realized how important this stuff is to some folks until we saw the uproar (here on CC) when HAL tried to eliminate Medallions. Personally, they can take away all that stuff and perhaps give us some free internet time (like we get on nearly every other cruise line). Those Medallions, pins, certificates, etc. either get tossed on the ship..or end up in the back of a bottom drawer (only known to DW). But internet time is nice to keep in touch with family/friends during those long HAL cruises..

Hank

And they would join all the onboard art sale notices, store sales, and other rubbish we find, on a daily basis, at our door. In addition, we have little use for the silly medallions, pins, (I know we are tramping on sacred ground), arctic circle crossing certificates, equator crossing certificates, International Date Line crossing certificates, etc. etc. But we will acknowledge that some (or all) of this stuff is important to some folks. It is the same with the Mariners Party where folks will wait in line for a half hour to just see the Captain and get a free drink (usually lousy). I never realized how important this stuff is to some folks until we saw the uproar (here on CC) when HAL tried to eliminate Medallions. Personally, they can take away all that stuff and perhaps give us some free internet time (like we get on nearly every other cruise line). Those Medallions, pins, certificates, etc. either get tossed on the ship..or end up in the back of a bottom drawer (only known to DW). But internet time is nice to keep in touch with family/friends during those long HAL cruises..

Hank

One man’s opinion [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk