What is the single best thing cruise ships offer?

ilikeanswers

When done well, a cruise is a floating resort/hotel where I can unpack once, repack once, and I travel to a different destination. Good way to sample different countries for possible future vacations.

Just relaxing, enjoying the vast, beautiful ocean as it flows by, letting your cares and definitely your worries flow away with it:p Smelling the air. Wondering,' WHAT do I want to either eat, or do today OR if I want to do either or NOTHING at all !! And, if I want too, I CAN sleep till I wake up ! NO alarm clocks !:cool: Wow ! Life should always be this EASY ! Maybeeee it's a good thing it's not !:eek: I know for sure I could get so spoiled with a lifetime on a cruise ship.

Mac

For us it’s a combination of affordability, convenience and the option of doing whatever we want from one day to the next. We live north of Houston so it’s an easy drive down to Galveston. We go on 3 or 4 a year so we book pretty much only inside cabins so they’re very affordable. We know what we like and what to avoid, both on the ships we sail and in the ports they visit. We know what has value and what to save our money on. It’s a chance for us to just be still. Y’all do what you want. We’ll do what we want. And if we get tired of you we’ll go someplace else that’s to our liking. Like our cabin for an afternoon nap. zzzzzzzzz

I know some things might be cruiseline specific or the sum of all the little things;) but what do find is your favourite thing on a cruise ship?

Being waited on, being entertained, only unpacking once but still visiting many places

Transportation.

Agreed - since (on the mainstream lines anyway) service and food quality have suffered, and we have already seen much of the Caribbean - and most more interesting places are better experienced on land trips, the primary value we see in cruising is a comfortable way of getting back across the ocean after a trip to Europe.

the primary value we see in cruising is a comfortable way of getting back across the ocean after a trip to Europe.

We use ships (almost exclusively) to get to Europe before taking a land based trip, or to get back from Europe after taking a land based trip - certainly beats flying, either direction. :D

Years ago, when I started cruising, I would have said it was because the company I worked for couldn't get a hold of me. Now, being retired, I would say being able to relax, with no cooking, no cleaning and the only decision I have to make is what I want to eat.

For me, the best part is being on the water. The moonlit views, sunrises and sunsets, being rocked to sleep, or just staring out at that expanse and realizing how small I am in the world are all things I find to be the best part of cruising (and hard to get anywhere else).

What makes cruising a better vacation option than most land vacations includes: once we are on the ship my husband doesn't have to drive anywhere; we only unpack once; I don't have to plan, cook, serve, or clean up after meals; lots of entertainment options but I can do nothing too; no worries about a designated driver.