Why does Guy’s close at 6:00?

Why does Guy’s close at 6:00? I think Guy’s is one of the most popular eateries that Carnival has to offer. Why do they close at 6:00 and not stay open through dinner?

Because after eating Guys all day, nobody wants it for dinner ;)

So you can enjoy the smorgasbord that is the Lido buffet, or the MDR, or pay extra to eat at the Steakhouse. I'm sure all that meat they're slinging at Guy's can't be free, so they are just holding down their costs.

I'm with you, I dunno why they close that early. I don't do the MDR as it isn't good enough to warrant me sitting there for an hour and a half to eat. On most cruises there have been multiple nights where I would gladly have eaten a guy's burger over anything they served on the lido buffet. I'm guessing it has to do with staff? or costs? Probably both.

Put a comment about this when you do your survey. That's what I always do -- there's times when we'd like to just have the burger for dinner, but have to remember to get there before they close. Maybe if enough people comment on it, they'll open it later.

who knows?

I also wish mongolian and the BBQ stayed open later, i think they both close around 2 pm and I like both of these plus guys. these 3 are my personal favorites.

Ive always just been happy they stayed open that late to catch when you come in from a port and everything else is closed.

I realize that there are many fans of the sunglassesneck's concoction of grease, but to claim it's better than anything in the MDR or on the Lido or at specialty restaurants, must be the lard talking.;)

To offer all foods in all venues 24/7 would be a real waste. There food better suited for most people for lunch and foods better suited for dinner. Even the man who ate 30,000 Big Macs didn't eat them for every meal. And look at what happened to Jared after eating only Subway.;p

I know there isn't a lot of ships in the fleet without the 2.0 upgrade that included Guys but doesn;t the grill close around that time for ships that don't have Guys. If that is how they handled that station in the past I'm sure that is how they chose to handle the burgers .

Why does Guy’s close at 6:00?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Because when they used to close around 3PM after lunch passengers complained that was too early. So they started staying open until 6PM.

I think a lot of people would like to see Guy's Burgers stay open 24/7. They could add a fried egg to a burger and serve it for breakfast. :D :D

Does it matter when pizza is 24 hrs? lol I do like some guys burgers tho! Im guessing cost is the main reason as well.

Yes it does matter, for a late night snack I would rather have the burgers or the tacos from Blue Iguana. I keep hoping some day Carnival will open them for late night snacks. Say like 9 to midnight.

Does it matter when pizza is 24 hrs? lol I do like some guys burgers tho! Im guessing cost is the main reason as well.

The problem with pizza being open 24/7 is that in the evening one poor crew member mans the stations making them, cooking and serving and line gets ridiculously long.

Why does Guy’s close at 6:00? I think Guy’s is one of the most popular eateries that Carnival has to offer. Why do they close at 6:00 and not stay open through dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have to empty the grease buckets:D

Guys closing at 6 isn't the problem. Blue Iguana closing at 3:30 and 2:30 on sea days should be a crime. That's one of my biggest complaints about Carnival is having to rush back from a port if I want their delicious tacos.

Aside from the efficiencies of their crew being needed elsewhere, just imagine the waste if Guy's was open late.

I agree with the earlier poster about responding to the survey and mentioning this. While it's certainly a logistics/staffing issue, I think keeping Guy's open a little later -- maybe even just until 7 or 7:30 -- is something that Carnival should really look into.

Having the Mongolian Wok and Blue Iguana open during evening hours would be the absolute tops. :)