Comfortable flights overseas???

I use kayak.com to find flights. (They don't sell cruises so I'm assuming it is OK to post the name here.)

You can also check EZAir for pricing.

What is your date? Can give you more help that way. And what do you consider 'affordable?'

I am trying to find an affordable flight to LHR from Tampa in November. Any suggestions?;)

MCO has become a major destination for international flights. I suggest that you include it when you look for overseas flights.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just want to have a comfortable seats that will really recline and foot rests. Either premium economy, business, or first class. I am going on a cruise and would like to keep the air under $500.00. I might be dreaming.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just want to have a comfortable seats that will really recline and foot rests. Either premium economy, business, or first class. I am going on a cruise and would like to keep the air under $500.00. I might be dreaming.

Really recline and foot rests equal First Class.

$500. might get a flight to California (but not 1st class) but going international....

For realistic fares you might try http://matrix.itasoftware.com.

Really recline and foot rests equal First Class.

$500. might get a flight to California (but not 1st class) but going international....

For realistic fares you might try http://matrix.itasoftware.com.

We thought we did well by finding flights for a little over $800...economy. $500 and you want to stretch out? Let us know if you find it.

you may need to double that budget

If you want to fly from MCO with a connection Westjet has some flights mid week in Nov for $740

not sure how comfortable they are in PE

thats first class only and on the carriers that aren't US based.

$500 is not even close to being a reasonable expectation.

Try one of the online booking engines for flights. That will give you an idea of what you can get. I don't think there is much chance of a transatlantic flight with seats that really recline for $500 or less.

Checked on matrix and the cheapest round trip Tampa to London random dates in Nov. was $715 and that was in no way with reclining seats and foot rests. The flights from Orlando were about the same price. Sorry, but I'm afraid you are operating in Never Never Land. ;)

OP's needs one way airfare, cruise leaves 11/03/18. Cheapest oneway fare in Economy I see is $903.

A roundtrip TPA, leaving 11/02 is $930, also in Economy.

OP, if you can leave from Miami, it's much cheaper ($579 for leaving 11/02), but you need to more then double your budget to book premium Economy.

I'm not a fan, but look at cruise air and see what prices you get with the cruise line.

You can get recline and leg rests in business class.

I just did 11/13 TPA to LHR in BC and the best fare is ... awful!

Also did MCO and ditto

I tried premium economy and it looks like you can fly BC for less! But still pricey.

What date are you looking to fly?

Sorry. This is the problem with asking for "reasonable" or "affordable". Those things aren't always in touch with "reality". $500 for Premium Economy is your best bet...maybe, but Business Class or First ain't going to happen.

You are not just dreaming - you are clearly od’ing on your happy meds. A one way TA at $500 is possible if booked through HAL air or comparable — but it sure as hell will will not be first, business or even “more room in coach” — just think air steerage.

If you want to be a bit more comfortable, I would use premium economy. I refuse to pay the absurd charges for business class but economy plus gives to more leg room and you will not have your tray table in your gut when the guy in front of you reclines his seat. Unfortunately the seat width is the same as is the level of service provided but the upgrade is affordable.

One other thought. Some airlines give you the opportunity to bid on upgrades to business or first class seats. You decide how much they are worth to you and place a bid. You don't pay in advance and you pay only if your bid is accepted. My brother-in-law got 1st class round trip seats from NYC to Italy for only $800 total.

DON

As everyone else has said, you need to dramatically adjust your expectations. Once you narrow down your search, look at available seats on the flights' seating charts and note down the airline/flight number/seat number Go to https://www.seatguru.com/ and enter the flight information. You'll be able to access seating charts that tell you the details about the seat - width, legroom, whether or not a particular seat is 'good' or 'bad' (such as near restroom line-up, no window, etc.). This makes it easy to compare all the options. There are even customer reviews of the flights and some seats.

Domestic first c lass has become a joke but intern ational is way better It has been years since u.S. carrriers did decent domesic first class , iMO Used to be okay bu t no t worth much now.

Alaska Air cross country, first class is bad , IMO

you may need to double that budget

If you want to fly from MCO with a connection Westjet has some flights mid week in Nov for $740

not sure how comfortable they are in PE

Why skimp?

Fly in First Class. It’s more comfortable.

Definitely not going find a flight to Europe for that price right now with those amenities. A year or two ago flights to Europe were dirt cheap when there was a terrorist attack every few months, things have quieted down over there so flight prices have crept up.

What cruiseline will you be sailing with? Most have air programs that give greatly reduced fares, especially if one way.

We have used Celebrity's several times. One way fares that would have been over $4,000 each were around $600 each through ChoiceAir.

try Norwegian air

I'm going on their 'premium' service, Orlando to London Gatwick for $700

premium gets the bigger seats with more legroom and more recline ..... premium meals (2) and drinks .... two checked bags.

on international flights they use 787 Dreamliner ....

I routinely get flight offers to various places in EU for under $200 from them!

The best rates I can find are on Norwegian Air - a bit over 200 for coach, 800 for premium, Copenhagen to Fort Lauderdale.

They do go through London, but I do not know if they fly to Tampa. I have not seen them on the travel sites.

Please go into any booking with Norwegian with your eyes wide open. Besides their limited schedule and lack of interline agreement, they are on shaky financial ground and also having problems with their planes. Many flights are being changed to charters with different aircraft.

Some recent info:

http://www.newsinenglish.no/2018/04/16/new-problems-land-on-norwegians-fleet/

https://thepointsguy.com/2018/01/norwegian-787-engine-replacement/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k11526125-Norwegian_changed_flt_to_Privilege_Style_Pros_Cons-Air_Travel.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k11557029-Norwegian_Cancels_Flight_6_weeks_in_Advance_what_do_I_do-Air_Travel.html

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2625226

Edited by 6rugrats