Paradise Lost Propulsion

MistyRo76

It's an old clunker.

Think that brings the total of Carnival ships you think applies to in double digits, but I only scanned back a while before I got bored. Are they all in your estimation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jimbo, I'm another who feels that Carnival has too many old ships in its fleet. I stopped sailing the Fantasy class over 10 years ago because I felt those ships were old back then. Hated the kitschy Farkus touches on them as well.

Others swear by them, so Carnival has all their bases covered and having different ships for different types of cruisers keep their bookings full. At least until the next disaster at sea.

The Paradise is hardly an old clunker. We have sailed on her 4 times in the past few months, including once after the dry dock. She looks great and the only thing we wish she had is a Steakhouse. Not every Carnival passenger is enthralled with the newer ships after reading reviews.

The Paradise is hardly an old clunker. We have sailed on her 4 times in the past few months, including once after the dry dock. She looks great and the only thing we wish she had is a Steakhouse. Not every Carnival passenger is enthralled with the newer ships after reading reviews.

Exactly my point. A fleet of ships, some ancient, some old, some average, some new and some brand new. A ship for anyone and everyone.

I may not like the old ships, while you do, and you may not like the new ships, which I do. IT'S ALL GOOD.

Jimbo, I'm another who feels that Carnival has too many old ships in its fleet. I stopped sailing the Fantasy class over 10 years ago because I felt those ships were old back then. Hated the kitschy Farkus touches on them as well.

Others swear by them, so Carnival has all their bases covered and having different ships for different types of cruisers keep their bookings full. At least until the next disaster at sea.

Well, I am not sure I would call this a disaster but it is all in the point of reference. Carnival went thru a crazy building spurt. Now they have a quarter of their fleet that is mature. I do think that when they considered all options that they strongly felt that they have a market for shorter sailings (and that appears to be true). We don’t sail them much either but may do more now that we have the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was about a 3 hour delay getting into Cozumel. We were just told "technical difficulties" They extended our departure time 2.5 hours and we had no further mechanical issues from there, just a really bumpy ride due to the tropical system around Coz.

I actually wound up being very grateful for that delay as it meant we rode through the worst of the weather overnight. Mercifully we were back in the clear by first light.

And yeah, she's kind of a old clunker, but not without her charms. The recent drydock helped a lot.

It was about a 3 hour delay getting into Cozumel. We were just told "technical difficulties" They extended our departure time 2.5 hours and we had no further mechanical issues from there, just a really bumpy ride due to the tropical system around Coz.

I actually wound up being very grateful for that delay as it meant we rode through the worst of the weather overnight. Mercifully we were back in the clear by first light.

And yeah, she's kind of a old clunker, but not without her charms. The recent drydock helped a lot.

Thanks for the update.

I'm curious. What exactly do you get out being here? You rarely post more than a short sentence, or fragment, and rarely respond to anything. Are you just building post count? I don't get it. :confused:

He/she also never offers anything informative or constructional either.

I'm curious. What exactly do you get out being here? You rarely post more than a short sentence, or fragment, and rarely respond to anything. Are you just building post count? I don't get it. :confused:

One of the best things I did was put that person on my Ignore List. Now the only time I see what they've posted is if someone quotes them in their posting.