Michael's Club

Robb

I’m currently onboard the Silhouette. We have enjoyed Michaels Club and their bar service has been great. We have been offered small “appetizers” each night (probably what was offered during tea time). The space has never been more than 20% full (if that) while we were there usually from 6-8 pm.

Before introduction of the "Suite Life" and use of MC as a private lounge it had been used for a couple of years for the Elite lounge daily 2 hr cocktail hour. When the Elite roles outgrew the space they moved it to the large lounge at the front of the ship. I did hear on a few sailings with very large elite and elite plus members they had the elite plus members use MC for the 2 hr party.

Ever since it's been a Suite perk only Zenith members of Captains Club are allowed.

Suite guests, Zenith members, guests who are designated VIP's by the ship, and Blue Chip members all have access to MC.

I’m currently onboard the Silhouette. We have enjoyed Michaels Club and their bar service has been great. We have been offered small “appetizers” each night (probably what was offered during tea time). The space has never been more than 20% full (if that) while we were there usually from 6-8 pm.

Afternoon tea service in MC consists of small sandwiches, pastries, scones with clotted cream and jam, and tea of course, or any beverage that you prefer.

The appetizers served during happy hour are an assortment of “canapés” which change daily and are not offered at afternoon tea.

Suite guests, Zenith members, guests who are designated VIP's by the ship, and Blue Chip members all have access to MC.

Blue Chip Club has five membership tiers which are evaluated/adjusted periodically... Only those at the Sapphire [100,00 tier points] and Ruby [1,000,000 tier points] membership levels are granted access to Michael's Club... Let's just say that attainment of either of the topmost membership tiers requires some very heavy/sustained play; it's not common…

• One tier point is awarded per >$1 wagered at slot machines...
  • One tier point is awarded per >$2 wagered at video poker machines...
  • One tier point is awarded per >$8 wagered at table games...

Interesting discussion. Michael's Club on most ships in my observation is rarely full, but not empty either. On longer cruises or on TA's (without drink packages) it seems to get more use. Since it is available day and night people just drop by. Sometimes afternoon tea. At times a group of people meet each other, make friends during the cruise, and have drinks in MC before going to Luminae together for dinner. I have observed that on RCCL, the suite lounge is more crowded and the Diamond Lounge is very crowded in the limited time it is open. I would rather have the quieter Michael's Club any day where I can always find a seat.

Were they ever allowed unless they were in a suite? I remember when X announced Sky Suite guests were to be allowed in Michael's Club. The outcry was deafening. Many were concerned about crowding and poor service. Ha! The place is usually empty and the bartender lonely.

Yes, before MC became a suite "thing". It was our favorite pre-dinner drinking spot.

Is Cranston still the bartender? He is great. The server/assistant bartender was a delightful woman named Margaret. Is she still there? They are the best MC team I have ever encountered.

Is Cranston still the bartender? He is great. The server/assistant bartender was a delightful woman named Margaret. Is she still there? They are the best MC team I have ever encountered.

Cranston was there in March and accordingly him he should be back on for our cruise in October.

Those who think Michael’s club looks empty, at least on the S class ships, should keep in mind that it is an L shaped room. The bar and most of the seating is actually out of sight from those looking in at the front door.

And to slightly expand this post, on M-class ships MC has two ells -- one is rounded and on some ships has a piano and some seating, and the other ha sell has the bar itself and again more seating.

Say “ciao bello” to Dario and tell beautiful Margaret that Mrs Bling Bling sends her big hugs!!

We had great fun in Michael’s on our recent Silhouette cruise. [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I loved hanging out at Michael's Club on our Summit cruise this past January. It was rare I saw it completely empty, but never really full either (except disembarkation day obviously). Another cool thing I enjoyed with Michael's Club is some of the ship's musical entertainers would do sets in Michael's for suite guests. And I found when the piano guy did his set, he did more of a mix of show tunes and more mellow jazz instrumentals. All in all, a really nice space for some quiet, more relaxed, low-key time on the ship.

Cranston was there in March and accordingly him he should be back on for our cruise in October.

Cranston and Margaret are in MC on the current sailing. Margaret remembered friends sailing with us that were also on in March. She immediately brought them the drinks they always had on the previous sailing. She is outstanding!

And to slightly expand this post, on M-class ships MC has two ells -- one is rounded and on some ships has a piano and some seating, and the other ha sell has the bar itself and again more seating.

Hi, asking for DH: Is smoking still allowed in Michael's on Celebrity Summit? :confused: Thanks in advance. BTW Sailing Sept. 2nd to Bermuda.

Hi, asking for DH: Is smoking still allowed in Michael's on Celebrity Summit? :confused: Thanks in advance. BTW Sailing Sept. 2nd to Bermuda.

Celebrity does not permit smoking indoors in any venue. A long time ago Michael's Club was a cigar lounge, but has been smoke free for about a decade.

Cranston and Margaret are in MC on the current sailing. Margaret remembered friends sailing with us that were also on in March. She immediately brought them the drinks they always had on the previous sailing. She is outstanding!

She really is. I hope she is still there when we're back on Silhouette next September.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Celebrity does not permit smoking indoors in any venue. A long time ago Michael's Club was a cigar lounge, but has been smoke free for about a decade.

Thanks, I will tell him and check where he is permitted to smoke outdoors. I'm sure there are a few places.:D

Thanks, I will tell him and check where he is permitted to smoke outdoors. I'm sure there are a few places.:D

On the Summit, on deck 4 down a bit from Michael's Club there is a designated smoking area.

Who is Michael that the club is named after. We love MC on the Summit.

See link: Michael D. Chandris

But we hear they are planning to change the name of the club. :eek: Poor Michael.

Well actually, very rich Michael so I don't think anyone will feel too sorry for him.

Edited by varoo

Outside.

There is usually also one side of the pool area designated for smoking.

Thank you for the info. Will share with DH. On another note, does anyone know how we can find out who/what entertainment is this week? (Sept. 2nd). Very curious. Thanks in advance.:p

Thank you for the info. Will share with DH. On another note, does anyone know how we can find out who/what entertainment is this week? (Sept. 2nd). Very curious. Thanks in advance.:p

The Guest Entertainers are not announced in advance. For the production shows consult the Who’s on Board thread’s chart.