Printed Fun Times

John heald was talking about it on his Facebook. I believe it is currently just a rumor. So far the paper fun times will still be in circulation

I hope it is just a rumor. I am sailing the Pride in September, and I like to lock my phone in the safe while cruising.

They can skip my cabin with it. It goes in the trash with all of the other garbage paper they put in there daily. I think they could have it optional or even at guest services if guests want a copy. I know I am in the minority though.

that, and I was thinking that just maybe, they could install monitors around the ship with the schedules.

that, and maybe the cruise director can get on the PA a few times a day and read it cover to cover. Probably the best time would be dead smack in the middle of Trivia... or perhaps during the Dive-In movie...

John was only discussing/polling it on F-B because someone wrote an overly dramatic message to him about the need to get away from paper Fun Times and the evils of logging companies. This is how rumors get started and why JH gets so much hate. People only read the titles of videos or skim his posts instead of actually reading/watching the video, and then come to CC and claim that Carnival is doing away with such and such. (Not saying that's what you're doing, just what happens pretty regularly.)

that, and maybe the cruise director can get on the PA a few times a day and read it cover to cover. Probably the best time would be dead smack in the middle of Trivia... or perhaps during the Dive-In movie...

the announcements drive me crazy :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I don't see them doing away with the printed Fun Times, however they can make it an option. I wish they stopped printing and leaving the ads with the Fun Times, they are put in the trash in our room.

Sent from my XT1585 using Forums mobile app

There is no way they will get rid of paper Fun Times. Believe or not I have friends that still have flip phones with no internet.

I'm one of those with a flip phone. We're retired. At home we have a laptop and tablet so don't see a big need for a smart phone at this time.:)

On JH's FB page the polls show :

63% downloaded the app

83% still want the paper copy to read and select the day's activities

Did anyone actually read the posts or watch the videos...the paper fun times are not going away. It was just a poll asking people what they thought because someone wrote a letter about needing to save trees. John Heald made it extremely clear the paper version was not going away.

My daughters middle school has a saying, Read, Read, Read....Read to Succeed!

One important piece of information in the Funtimes is the contact name and telephone number for the port agent in case an emergency arises while in port. Once you are a few hundred feet away from the ship, you will lose WiFi contact with the ship and the app will not work. I think that if Carnival does away with the printed copy of the Funtimes, they will still need to make this information available in print form. Savvy users could save a screen shot on their smartphone with this information before leaving the ship if this information is available in the app, but some cruisers don't have the skills to do this or don't even have smartphones.

I don't see the print version going away. Some activities (ie: meet & greets) are not listed on the hub app, only in printed version. Also, there are plenty of people who lock their phones up instead of carrying them around everywhere they go.

One important piece of information in the Funtimes is the contact name and telephone number for the port agent in case an emergency arises while in port. Once you are a few hundred feet away from the ship, you will lose WiFi contact with the ship and the app will not work. I think that if Carnival does away with the printed copy of the Funtimes, they will still need to make this information available in print form. Savvy users could save a screen shot on their smartphone with this information before leaving the ship if this information is available in the app, but some cruisers don't have the skills to do this or don't even have smartphones.

Port info is hidden in the Hubb app. Wasn’t front and center but had to swipe a few pages to find it.

Prefer paper copy.

In all honesty, if they were to stop circulating the paper version of the Fun Times, it would be a deal-breaker for us. My wife carries it with her and consults it several times throughout the day. We don't use the App and have no interest in trying to read off the little iPhone screen.

Normally I roll with the punches of their various changes, but the Fun Times is an important part of our cruises, so it really would turn into a deal breaker if stopped from print.

John was only discussing/polling it on F-B because someone wrote an overly dramatic message to him about the need to get away from paper Fun Times and the evils of logging companies. This is how rumors get started and why JH gets so much hate. People only read the titles of videos or skim his posts instead of actually reading/watching the video, and then come to CC and claim that Carnival is doing away with such and such. (Not saying that's what you're doing, just what happens pretty regularly.)

The fake letter to John, followed by questions again around it with John saying please answer it is important. They will be on request in the future and phased out if not requested