New chocolates on the Sapphire...

kendon

Just saw a photo of the chocolates for the stateroom at turndown on the Sapphire. Oh my!! They look like very poorly done homemade chocolates. Did they stop giving wrapped chocolates on the pillows in the evening? Clearly cost cutting once again.

40313191_10155905245203753_1616302639954264064_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=329cd089967812c8ab3d68bd1828b632&oe=5C01EECE

Maybe they ran out of the wrapped ones or they were damaged and this is the substitute? Kind of weird to have unwrapped anything just sitting there in the room and knowing it touched someone’s hands who just cleaned your cabin. Hmmm...

How in the world would you know that it "touched someone's hands"? Needless worrying about nothing.

Tom

How in the world would you know that it "touched someone's hands"? Needless worrying about nothing.

Tom

There is no way I would eat something left unwrapped in my cabin. That is inappropriate. Yeah right after the cabin steward finished cleaning the toilet he placed those on your bed. :eek: Or perhaps it is the chocolate given to him as a gift by a passenger. ;)

Hygiene is not their strong suit considering they have training on their own personal hygiene.

Maybe these are the formal night chocolates which were given to the suites and elites on a covered plate. They are different than the 6 little pieces we got (which were equally unimpressive!) We still got the wrapped pillow chocolates each night. We were on the Golden 8/11-8/25.

Maybe they ran out of the wrapped ones or they were damaged and this is the substitute? Kind of weird to have unwrapped anything just sitting there in the room and knowing it touched someone’s hands who just cleaned your cabin. Hmmm...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I guess you don’t eat the canapés, chocolate covered strawberries or apples

There is no way I would eat something left unwrapped in my cabin. That is inappropriate. Yeah right after the cabin steward finished cleaning the toilet he placed those on your bed. :eek: Or perhaps it is the chocolate given to him as a gift by a passenger. ;)

Hygiene is not their strong suit considering they have training on their own personal hygiene.

Please take them to my cabin, chocolate is always “appropriate” in my life

They used to leave marzipan and cookies on a dish (unwrapped). Am I dating myself - does anyone else remember this?

Hi, will be on the sapphire next summer - as long as they still leave me chocolate I am happy :):)

We have finally returned to cruising after a few years of Disney World holiday (OH refused to do a Disney Cruise). Reading about so many cutbacks and changes since our last cruise:(:-(

Well I didn't make this up. Not everyone is on Facebook, but they are on the Princess Passenger Forum on FB.

I did check the forum and see that it was a one night thing. The wrapped chocolates were on the pillows up until that point. Perhaps it was a one night promotion or even something that came from Room Service although the latter usually comes with a note.

I hope they don't change the "pillow chocolates" I eat mine when I get home and remember my cruise.

I look forward to getting them and carefully save them as an after cruise at home. It would be hard to do if we start getting unwrapped ones.

And I doubt anyone would be putting gloves on to place them on the pillow.

Is it just me, or if people are complaining because fresh chocolates are being delivered to their room, this Princess board is really searching for a material issue and a solution to a non existent problem. If HQ actually reads this, they must be banging their heads on their desks that people are complaining that fresh chocolates are being delivered instead of cheap waxy penny candy

We had the regular ones on the CB as of Sat.

Stewart wears gloves sometimes when cleaning staterooms.

I will leave you with that...........

Yeah, the same gloves he/she tidied up your bathroom with. Don’t you know the gloves are for THEIR protection not ours? [emoji23]

Is it just me, or if people are complaining because fresh chocolates are being delivered to their room, this Princess board is really searching for a material issue and a solution to a non existent problem. If HQ actually reads this, they must be banging their heads on their desks that people are complaining that fresh chocolates are being delivered instead of cheap waxy penny candy

The “complaints” here have nothing to do with the matter of them being “fresh chocolates” but rather that they are not in a wrapper or cellophane bag or something similar. Just wanted to make sure that if corporate is reading this we are not against receiving delicious fresh chocolates, just put them in something please [emoji4]