Dress code for pool and waterslides.

This might be a little bit of an unusual question. Does anyone know if there is any sort of restrictions for what type of clothing you can wear in the pools and the water slide. Both myself and my Grandson are shockingly effected by to much sun and burn ridiculously. We have taken to wearing very light and loose fitting long sleeve under armor type shirts and adidas athletic pants. He swims at home in his own pool or at the lake where there are no rules. DD was worried he might not be able to swim or waterslide in his usual attire. Does anyone know of any rules that would restrict him from using said facilities dressed like that. Thoughts?

This might be a little bit of an unusual question. Does anyone know if there is any sort of restrictions for what type of clothing you can wear in the pools and the water slide. Both myself and my Grandson are shockingly effected by to much sun and burn ridiculously. We have taken to wearing very light and loose fitting long sleeve under armor type shirts and adidas athletic pants. He swims at home in his own pool or at the lake where there are no rules. DD was worried he might not be able to swim or waterslide in his usual attire. Does anyone know of any rules that would restrict him from using said facilities dressed like that. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, as you already see here, people are very judgmental. As long as the pants don't have anything that will catch on the slides, I don't see why there will be an issue. The under armour type shirt is pretty much the same as a rash guard, so that shouldn't be an issue at all. I would just be prepared to explain to the lifeguard that sun is a major issue. If anyone else asks, it is none of their business.

On our cruise, I saw several people with long sleeve rash guard shirts and pants.

Then on the other side of the coin, I saw some with extremely skimpy swim suits. So much so my dd asked why this woman’s swim suit was up her butt (it was a thong) and why this other man’s suit looked like underwear (speedo).

Thanks for all the help.

I've actually just picked up one of those rash guard shirts off of amazon. Is there such a thing as rash guard pants? I never saw anything called that when I searched for the term rash guard.

Thanks for all the help.

I've actually just picked up one of those rash guard shirts off of amazon. Is there such a thing as rash guard pants? I never saw anything called that when I searched for the term rash guard.

when you go on Amazon, search for 'rash guard pant boys' (or girls or women or men). That's how you bring them up. I have a pair that is capri length, but they have long ones as well. They are also called 'swimming tights' or 'swimming pants'.

One of my children was diagnosed as allergic to uv rays, to the point that she broke out in a secere rash while swimming at age 18 mos. For years fter I bought frogskin clothing. She to some extent grew out of it, but I never took my kids swimming till after 3pm or later.

You can wear that to the MDR at dinner too!(y)

I am prone to skin cancer . When I go in water ,pool or beach I wear a tee shirt.

You might also consider the Under Armor compression heat gear pants. They are tight fitting and more likely not to get caught on anything that may be on the slide. Runners usually wear them with a pair of nylon running shorts over them. They don't have to be Under Armor brand. You can probably find an inexpensive knock off at Target or Walmart.

Thanks for all the help.

Yes, but I don't think they're called rash guard pants (rash guards come from the surfer world and they don't wear pants surfing unless you count wetsuits).

What you're looking for is pants with a good UPF rating. UPF is the clothing equivalent of SPF - though the number rating is different. I've bought some athletic/yoga pants recently that are rated. I would think male clothing would be out there too.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I always wear long sleeve uv blocker shirts. kayaking, swimming, fishing, hiking. I don't have the body I had 35 years ago. I do it for all the others as well as myself.

I hear ya. But I bring along a speedo for times where the hot tubs are too crowded. Often results in my group getting our own tub within about 5 minutes.

I hear ya. But I bring along a speedo for times where the hot tubs are too crowded. Often results in my group getting our own tub within about 5 minutes.

Just make sure you stretch before you get in that always speeds up the exits :')

Should be fine. You'll see 300 lb guys wearing t shirts in the pool (thankfully). I doubt anyone will care as long as he's not wearing cutoff jeans.

Despite that judgmental remark, I agree. I do recognize the OP's concern though. I've seen a few land based water parks that will not allow shirts on slides. But I saw many on Adventure's slides and have seen video and pictures of people wearing shirts on the water slides of the newer Oasis class ship.