Fort Lauderdale Terminal Questions

hpeabody

When Royal is in port in Fort Lauderdale I assume she has priority at terminal 2. My question is: If a second Princess ship is in port, what terminal will that ship likely be assigned to? Do most if not all terminals now have a Global Entry line?

When Royal is in port in Fort Lauderdale I assume she has priority at terminal 2. My question is: If a second Princess ship is in port, what terminal will that ship likely be assigned to? Do most if not all terminals now have a Global Entry line?

It will vary.

Besides Princess' Terminal 2, Carnival Corp owned lines have preference at Terminals 19, 21, and 26.

When both Royal and Regal are in port one will be at 2, the other must be at 21. Though take note that for the 2019-20 season there appear to be no dates with both Regal and Sky in port.

Note however that on days when two Princess ships return that previously departed on different days from Terminal 2, they will try to book the second one at Terminal 4 so both will be adjacent to the Northport parking garage.

It used to be predictable that the Princess ships on regular cycles that would never conflict with each other used Terminal 2, and those with varying length sailings would use either 19 (the old Panamax-size ships) or 21 (the various Grand class sized ships) even on days 2 was available. But 4 and 19 have become the catch-all berths of random slots for Princess, Carnival, HAL, and the occasional visits from Costa, Cunard and Windstar (yes, they seem to have forgotten that Windstar left Carnival Corp quite a few years ago) plus the occasional use by an M-class Celebrity ship due to Terminal 25 being closed for renovations.

A while ago I called Port Everglades to ask this question, If Royal and Regal are in port the same day, which ship get pier #2. The answer was Royal. And the reason that they gave me was. Royal was doing a 10 night cruise and therefore there was more luggage to unload from the ship. Pier #2 had the space for that. So, Regal had to use the other pier.

That is what I was told. Now this winter Royal and Regal are both doing 7 night cruises. I believe one ship leaves on Sat. the other on Sun.. So I think both will be using pier #2.

I’m hoping Royal has priority, makes it easier for people parking in the pier garage! When we leave from Ft Lauderdale on 19 January on the Royal the Island is also departing. But when we arrive back on 26 January the Royal, Crown and Caribbean are all in port. A busy day for Princess!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can find pier assignments 7 days in advance at this site

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

You can find pier assignments 7 days in advance at this site

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

Actually you can find many more days in advance if you do an additional query. Click query on the top right to expand the dates of the search. Of course the further away the dates are, the more likelihood of changes.

The OP also asked whether Global Entry is in place at all terminals in Port Everglades. I don't believe there are actual kiosks, but are there dedicated lines at each terminal, as there is at Terminal 2?

There are NO kiosks away from airports. The standard procedure at Port Everglades is a separate line. When you get to the head of the usually very short line, you are sent into the first available agent, essentially cutting in front of people w/o Global Entry.

Terminal 21 is the 2nd Princess terminal.

There are NO kiosks away from airports. The standard procedure at Port Everglades is a separate line. When you get to the head of the usually very short line, you are sent into the first available agent, essentially cutting in front of people w/o Global Entry.

That's been our experience at Terminal 2 as well, all the times we have arrived there. All the other terminals are the same?

Terminal 21 is the 2nd Princess terminal.

That is an incomplete overgeneralization. As more than one reply above indicated Port Everglades now tries to put the second Princess ship in Terminal 4 as often as possible so that it is still next to the parking garage for Terminal 2, especially since there are many days where two ships arrive that originally departed on different days from Terminal 2.

How far apart are these terminals and what is the difference in price for a taxi ride?

A taxi ride from an area hotel (if that is what you are asking) should be virtually the same to any terminal in Port Everglades. True that if you are not headed for Terminals 2 or 4 it will take a minute or two longer to get to your ship if entering the port from SE 17 St. So another buck at the most.

if you are driving and parking at PE, be sure to check the leaving from and returning to terminals for your ship, as they may be different...:)

We returned to a different terminal than we left from and Princess had a bus to take us to where our car was parked.

We returned to a different terminal than we left from and Princess had a bus to take us to where our car was parked.

We've had the same experience.

Someone asked about distances between terminals. You can check out walking and driving distances on Google maps. For a general map of the port, take a look at http://www.porteverglades.net and click on the map.

same for us - we got a letter in our cabin the night before that we had to go into a different terminal than we left from, and buses would be available - took us about an extra hour to wait in line for the bus and get back to terminal 2..I guess it wasn't a planned return to that terminal is what people were saying in line...

we took park n ride the next time that situation was 'scheduled' - worked fine for us...

same for us - we got a letter in our cabin the night before that we had to go into a different terminal than we left from, and buses would be available - took us about an extra hour to wait in line for the bus and get back to terminal 2..I guess it wasn't a planned return to that terminal is what people were saying in line...

Luckily we had no issue at all. We walked off the cruise around 9 am (we were just going home which is 12 miles away). The shuttle van was waiting. The driver loaded our luggage, waited 2 more minutes for one other couple (the van was not full) and we were at the original parking garage in 5 minutes. Maybe there was no wait since we disembarked after the rush?

Back in 2004 we left on the Sun Princess from terminal 21 but knew that we would be returning to terminal 2 so we met another couple at the terminal, dropped the ladies off with the luggage and drove over to terminal 2 to park. We grabbed a cab back to terminal 21 and split the fare.