Two diff itins.... trying to figure out which is preferred - looking for opinions.

Team M&M

Hi all,

We are looking at two diff itins, same ship.

Oct 2018 Conquest - one has a few days at sea (we enjoy sea days), two days in Bermuda (Never been) a day at sea, Grand Turk (Been, and enjoyed and would enjoy another trip there)

The second Itin has a few sea days - Stops in Grand Turk (Been and liked) Princess Cays (Been and liked) Curacao (Been and liked) Aruba (Never been, interested though)

Both are similarly priced for a balcony, 8 day cruises, and within two weeks of each other in October on the same ship.

Looking for some opinions of those that have been to these ports, we don't mind sea days so that is not helping us decide :)

Thoughts on any of these ports, or the itins if you have done them, both pros and cons if you have them.

Thanks in advance for your opinions

I personally don't think that is enough time in Bermuda really for my liking. Id go the second cruise and then find a cruise next year that might go to Bermuda (even if you switch lines). My favorite island and it has been too long since Ive been there.. Never been to ABC islands and that helps swing me too.

I would do the second itinerary as I feel October is getting a little late for Bermuda. Many tourist attractions will no longer be operating. EM

I've been to Bermuda over Halloween and everything was up and going except scuba diving. Beaches, historical sites, cruise excursions. Look at the shore excursions offered by the ship and you'll see what's still available. You can see a lot in two days. Bermuda has excellent transportation via ferries into Hamilton and St. George's as well as shuttle to Horseshoe Bay. Unlike a lot of the Caribbean, it's pretty safe almost anywhere you go.

I don’t think i’d Book Bermuda thru carnival since they only cruise there in October. Too big a chance of getting rerouted.
The Horizon did one or two 4 day cruises to Bermuda from NYC in August and was scheduled for today. The Ecstasy is scheduled out of Charleston and the Sunshine out of Port Canaveral, both tentatively next week. Of course the current situation with the hurricane throws a major curve ball at you.

WE have only been to Aruba once but was not impressed. Maybe it was because it rained the entire day (it supposedly never rains in Aruba??)....but I don’t think that was the only reason we didn’t live it. My wife and I both thought it was overrated and didn’t live up to all of the hype.

Hi all,

Oct 2018 Conquest - one has a few days at sea (we enjoy sea days), two days in Bermuda (Never been) a day at sea, Grand Turk (Been, and enjoyed and would enjoy another trip there)

The second Itin has a few sea days - Stops in Grand Turk (Been and liked) Princess Cays (Been and liked) Curacao (Been and liked) Aruba (Never been, interested though)

Both are similarly priced for a balcony, 8 day cruises, and within two weeks of each other in October on the same ship.

Looking for some opinions of those that have been to these ports, we don't mind sea days so that is not helping us decide :)

Thoughts on any of these ports, or the itins if you have done them, both pros and cons if you have them.

They both sound like good itineraries to me and both offer a new port, sea days, and Grand Turk so I don't think you can really go wrong with either.

I would probably lean toward the second itinerary since you have an extra port stop and the weather should be better (or have less risk for negative).

Think about what you want from this cruise: more new (Bermuda) or more familiar; lots of time in the water (Southern) or more historical options (Bermuda). I'd check the times in port and the positioning of the sea days as another factor. If everything else is still equal, whatever works better for what is happening in your land based life. Late October will likely have more Halloween themes to it too, if that matters.

I don’t think i’d Book Bermuda thru carnival since they only cruise there in October. Too big a chance of getting rerouted.

They (theoretically) sail in September from Baltimore, but can be re-routed due to hurricanes.

Hi all,

I would choose this ^ itinerary.

WE have only been to Aruba once but was not impressed. Maybe it was because it rained the entire day (it supposedly never rains in Aruba??)....but I don’t think that was the only reason we didn’t live it. My wife and I both thought it was overrated and didn’t live up to all of the hype.
Well, four others in the thread agree with you but it was mainly because if being provided Bermuda or pro extra sea days. Twelve others would choose Aruba. Sorry that you did not like it when you were there. I'm sure the rain had something to do with it.

annnnd, as happens ... a different date was chosen by the hubs office and we are now going on a Princess cruise in a different month - ports will be: Princess Cays, St Thomas and St Maarten with 3 sea days too.

Any port advice for any of these? I think we may have been to all of them in the past, but years ago (Except the Cay, we were there twice last year - but would take any tips or fave excursion info on any of the ports :)