Any predictions/wants of new deployments?

gordylad

I want the Infinity repeat the Europe 2019 sailings, I like and want to do 6 consecutive sailings: the Western Mediterranean, French Riviera, Greek Islands, Eastern Mediterranean and the Adriatic. That vacation is No. 1 in my 2020 bucket. No. 2 is on the Summit one B2B to New England and Canada.

Edited by gerelmx

13 minutes ago, Cruzinram said:

More roundtrips to avoid flying. South Pacific roundtrip, South America roundtrip, more T/A to avoid flying. Greek Isles with overnight in Venice. 

I think that this is a good idea! I'm doing Eclipse in April, 2019 from Vancouver to Vancouver to avoid some time on planes. Think that more people would take B2B or even B2B2B to avoid some flying. 

The round trip Hawaiian 🌺 cruises are fabulous. We would take them b2b2b out of San Diego or San Francisco if offered.  Also miss going from Florida to Hawaii. We have done that multiple times on Millennium but she no longer does that route. That was a nice month long cruise. 🚢🍾🌴 I really think they should homeport a ship in San Diego. The crew loves it & many hotels opened just across the street from the pier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

The round trip Hawaiian 🌺 cruises are fabulous. We would take them b2b2b out of San Diego or San Francisco if offered.  Also miss going from Florida to Hawaii. We have done that multiple times on Millennium but she no longer does that route. That was a nice month long cruise. 🚢🍾🌴 I really think they should homeport a ship in San Diego. The crew loves it & many hotels opened just across the street from the pier. 

We booked a B2B2B Starting September 22 and ending Oct 20, 2019, on board the Eclipse.  Vancouver-Hawaii-Vancouver-Los Angeles

Edited by gerelmx
  • Thanks 1

I would like to see  round trip from somewhere in CA to the French Polynesia.

I would also like to see a Panama Cruise that is guaranteed to use the new locks.  A wider ship that will not fit in the old looks or at least a guarantee of using the new locks.

i would like to see the return of the regular 14 day winter cruises to the Southern Caribbean.

The lack of these three itineraries have or are pushing me to the competition.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Would love to see some different ports in the Caribbean.  We once went to Road Town, Tortola on Celebrity.  What happened to that?  Tired of same old, same old.

We have Tortola on our upcoming EDGE cruise.  Island suffered hurricane  damage  and is coming back.  We really like this port and hope they visit more often.

I would love to see a Baja peninsula itinerary leaving from LA or San Deigo.  A few years ago Celebrity sent me a survey about possible itineraries and they mentioned that one as an option.  I said it was "very appealing" so maybe?  Several other lines currently do this one...not Celebrity.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

I would love to see a Baja peninsula itinerary leaving from LA or San Deigo.  A few years ago Celebrity sent me a survey about possible itineraries and they mentioned that one as an option.  I said it was "very appealing" so maybe?  Several other lines currently do this one...not Celebrity.

The Eclipse is stopping at Los Cabos during his reposition from Chile to San Diego

I would like to see some East Coast runs from NYC to Fla and then back up. I enjoy the West Coast repositionings to and out of Alaska each season and would love to make stops along the East Coast in many interesting ports. 

Den

8 hours ago, Orator said:

I think that this is a good idea! I'm doing Eclipse in April, 2019 from Vancouver to Vancouver to avoid some time on planes. Think that more people would take B2B or even B2B2B to avoid some flying. 

You still have to fly from Florida to Vancouver Charles.

We just did Infinity B2B Panama Canal Port Everglades round trip.

NO FLYING !!!

Would love to see B2B2B TA's. Would allow either Americans or Europeans to do B2B with minimal or NO air !!!!

They do the exact same thing now with B2B2B Panama Canal cruises.

Either Floridians or Californians can do B2B with NO air !!!

I'd like to see some later season Med cruises & TA's, hoping they keep at least one ship there until late November/early December.   I'd also like to see the M class ships that are doing the Europe routes to have longer itineraries, they mostly seem to be about 10 nights, which is too short.  Love to see a return to Istanbul.  

RCCL/Celebrity itinerary planning teams are somewhat risk averse.  They prefer to keep individual sailings at about 14/15 days max, stick to tried and true ports, and tend to be leaning towards shorter itineraries (note the much discussed elimination of a full season of 14 day Caribbean sailings for Fall-Spring 2018-19 and 2019-20 in favor of 9/12 day sailings instead).  This is in an attempt to appeal to a younger demographic that is still working but has disposable income for cruising/vacationing in 1-2 week increments ...... 

In short don't expect long voyages like those found with HAL, Princess, Cunard, etc anytime soon.  Nor can we anticipate creative, off the beaten path "boutique" ports or itineraries from either brand anytime soon.  Corporate would rather move that clientele to Azamara, and soon no doubt, to Silversea as well.