Platinum dinners: Ribeyes are now $22 at Cagneys!

fstuff1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

Maybe they might increase the platinum certificate price limit once the new menu is rolled out fleet wide

In the grand scheme of things, I don't mind paying any differences, but it still seems sketchy that they are offering you a free dinner and technically you only have a choice of four items that are actually free.

I think they do need to up the limit to match the increase in prices. Maybe that is something we should be asking about on the ship when we have opportunity (Latitudes parties, etc.) just so they receive some actual feedback about this.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, blcruising said:

Yes, it was the same on Pearl in November. I really felt nickel and dimed walking out with my $2 charge for the steak and  40 cent gratuity, but such is the current state of the union on NCL and other lines.

If I leave a nice steak restaurant only paying a bill for $2.40 the only thing I'm going to feel is full.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lol. It's not about less than $3 dollar but the platinum voucher is part of thank you for being a loyal customer. That makes it sketchy and actually a negative motivation to come back. Just getting rid of my last cruise next credits. Actually been on MSC recently and the senior officers were genuinely interested on feedback and ways to improve the onboard experience. Yes most of the fellow travellers sucked but the product itself was more than comparable for a much lower price than NCL. 

• Like 1

Could I suggest that everyone who is concerned about the change puts two notes in the "Dear HD" box in the Atrium, one for the HD and the other for the F&BM.

Nothing like writing to get noticed!!!!   If you don't get a response then put them there again.  And Again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, casofilia said:

Could I suggest that everyone who is concerned about the change puts two notes in the "Dear HD" box in the Atrium, one for the HD and the other for the F&BM.

Nothing like writing to get noticed!!!!   If you don't get a response then put them there again.  And Again.

Perhaps the note should (also?) be directed at the loyalty program that gives you a free meal with only 4 entree choices?  

• Like 2

I too am disturbed by this....if they are going to give you a free dinner in a specialty restaurant, it should be entirely free, with no limitation's.   Or else they should simply say you will get a 'discount' at the specialty restaurant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alegeeter said:

Plus, you're all talking about an extra $2.40 but for most diners it would be more than $2.40 with appetizers, sides, and dessert. Suddenly, you're free meal becomes a discounted meal.

The price limit just applies to the entree. Apps, sides and desserts are not charged for.

• Like 1

Perhaps the note should (also?) be directed at the loyalty program that gives you a free meal with only 4 entree choices?  

That could be better done by a visit, on board, to the Latitudes Desk.  But also give it to them in writing too.

I would think marketing could see a downside to this price increase and the latitudes program.   It just looks cheap and thoughtless as far as what the free meal was supposed to be for returning latitudes guests.  It just says we like you, but only up to a point.   It cheapens the gesture of free meal certificate.  As someone said, I don't care about $2.40 really.  But I feel somewhat insulted by it being required of me in this situation.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, micm said:

Lol. It's not about less than $3 dollar but the platinum voucher is part of thank you for being a loyal customer. That makes it sketchy and actually a negative motivation to come back. Just getting rid of my last cruise next credits. Actually been on MSC recently and the senior officers were genuinely interested on feedback and ways to improve the onboard experience. Yes most of the fellow travellers sucked but the product itself was more than comparable for a much lower price than NCL. 

It's time for me to look at MSC maybe.   Do they honor NCL's latitudes guests' status?  

22 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

On the Gem (Jan 2019), most good entrees have increased above $20 at cagneys, thus you have to pay a little if using Platinum dinner voucher. 😞

(Platinum dinners have a $20 entree price limit)

KIMG1567.thumb.jpg.01418ae33a607535b1635c2cf4ca4ff3.jpg

I am not sure this is terribly recent. We found the increase in Cagney's in April. The surf and turf which was just a few pieced of ship with the turf was $5 over the allowed $20. I would not order it again but not because of the few extra bucks. I think too many expect too much from being platinum or whatever.