Can we go back to a Jr. Suite after the Crown Loft Suite?

My DH and I were on the Harmony of the Seas in January.  We got a great deal and were in a Crown Loft suite.  The suite and service were beyond excellent!  Two bathrooms, tons of storage- excellent service, no show reservations required,  the suite deck, the suite lounge!

Unfortunately, due to the high price now, we have reserved a Jr. Suite on the Harmony for next January.  I am afraid that it might be very difficult to go back to this level of cabin.  While we enjoy the ship and cruising in general what are others experience going from crown loft to a Jr. suite?

Anybody else experience this?

Edited by Cruise a holic

We once did side to side cruises on Princess and Celebrity. 

We had a large accessible suite on the Ruby Princess and then went immediately to a regular inside cabin on X Century.

The latter cabin was all that was available since it was on a smaller older X ship with few balcony and suite cabins compared to inside and OV ones when we booked for an unique itinerary. I found out about this itinerary very late  because it was added only a few months prior due to a shorten dry dock scheduling. We survived and thoroughly enjoyed that second cruise which got us into St. Bart which was a port that was missed by us because of very rough seas on our first ever cruise many years ago. That port isn't often called into by main line cruise lines as typically only smaller ships call on this tender port.

Edited by robtulipe

23 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

My DH and I were on the Harmony of the Seas in January.  We got a great deal and were in a Crown Loft suite.  The suite and service were beyond excellent!  Two bathrooms, tons of storage- excellent service, no show reservations required,  the suite deck, the suite lounge!

Unfortunately, due to the high price now, we have reserved a Jr. Suite on the Harmony for next January.  I am afraid that it might be very difficult to go back to this level of cabin.  While we enjoy the ship and cruising in general what are others experience going from crown loft to a Jr. suite?

Anybody else experience this?

We did it and I was disappointed in the availability of CK to junior suites. We always buy the package so we didn't miss the SL but we did miss the Suite Deck. We scored a hump JS so the balcony was great. Overall, I would probably stick with at least a GS in the future on an Oasis Class ship.

• Like 1

We also did a CL suite on Harmony in January.  What an amazing suite.  Totally understand your dilemma.  RCCL does not really treat a JS as a real suite.  You might get a dinner in CK if not busy otherwise no suite perks.  Maybe you can try a Grand Suite if cheaper than the CL suite?

• Like 1

I have been fortunate enough to cruise in suites on Oasis class ships before the new suite perks program.  My last cruise on the Allure was in a balcony cabin.  There was a difference.  I had a good cruise, but I did miss the suite experience.  Would I book a non-suite cabin again?  Yes.  It's fine and it's where I am now.  The other sure is nice though.

Junior suite with the drink package and the key might help as a middle ground...?

you would need show reservations but would keep the seating, and he embark/Debark plus get the special flowrider times if that’s of value to you..

Just remember when you are comparing your purchased or royal Up bid to add the $85/day per person (~$1200) that you are paying for those things to your comparison...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got to have a GS on the Allure at a great price and had no problem going back to a regular balcony cabin.  As nice as it was it is not worth the prices that they get for it.  If another bargain comes along, however, I'll do it again

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TeeRick said:

We also did a CL suite on Harmony in January.  What an amazing suite.  Totally understand your dilemma.  RCCL does not really treat a JS as a real suite.  You might get a dinner in CK if not busy otherwise no suite perks.  Maybe you can try a Grand Suite if cheaper than the CL suite?

We were on the Harmony in January- Crown loft- Maybe you were a neighbor!  January 6th, 2019.   Have done Grand Suites on Oasis ok but not nearly as nice as the Crown loft!  But just being on the ship is great!

13 minutes ago, MadamG2U said:

I went from the Royal Suite on the Oasis in November to a Ocean View on the Majesty in January.  At first I went thru withdrawal but hey I was cruising.  

MadamG2U

We had basically the same as you.  Star loft on Oasis in December and then an ocean view on Majesty in February except I canceled Majesty when the final payment was due.  I couldn't do it and it wasn't the size of the cabin.  I'm so claustrophobic the thought of not having fresh air was freaking me out.

I would take a well located JS over a GS any day....Not a fan of the narrow closet area behind the useless dry bar.

We've also sailed several times in the Royal Family Suite with extended family but we all agree having multiple JS's just works out better for us....We're all D+ and the perks we get meets our needs.

Edited by Ashland

We went from an ATS on Allure to an ocean view balcony on Harmony, and we still had a blast! We got the deluxe drink packages and ate at a handful of specialty restaurants to amp things up a bit. We also got a bungalow at Columbus Cove, and that added a lot to the experience as well. 

The CLS is my favorite room.  I stayed in a JS recently on the Harmony.  I missed staying on deck 17.  I hated the kids running down the hall and around the suite above me.  You don't have these problems on deck 17.  

No problem getting dinner reservations in CK.  I eat dinner late (around 8:00 pm), which may help.  I did not miss the suite lounge as the bar set up on the Harmony is ill placed, imo.  The bar on the Oasis and Allure are much nicer.    I thought I would miss the concierge walk off but I did not.  You will be fine. 

I'm in a similar situation... 

We had an AquaTheater Suite on Harmony and just booked a JS on Symphony! We still have 2 years before the Symphony Cruise so I am hoping the prices come down a little but if not, I am still going to enjoy the cruise!! 

I just can't justify paying the price of the GS on Symphony after paying less for the ATS on Harmony.
The Price jump between a JS and GS is much steeper than it is on the smaller ships. The Perks of the GS and above are nice but again, I just can't justify the cost difference.

Will you be disappointed? Will we be disappointed? I don't think so. Any day on a cruise is better than any day on land!!  

20 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We were on the Harmony in January- Crown loft- Maybe you were a neighbor!  January 6th, 2019.   Have done Grand Suites on Oasis ok but not nearly as nice as the Crown loft!  But just being on the ship is great!

We were on the Jan 13th cruise just after you.  The nice thing about the CL suites other than the suite itself is the deck 17 location near the CK and SL.  

1 hour ago, TeeRick said:

We were on the Jan 13th cruise just after you.  The nice thing about the CL suites other than the suite itself is the deck 17 location near the CK and SL.  

We loved the location!  We also enjoyed being near the concierge Checkers!  Our stateroom attendants were wonderful!  Seemed to always be in the hallway outside our suite!   The entire staff was wonderful. May consider upgrading if they have the move up program.

Edited by Cruise a holic