Here is the new platinum diamond gift for May

lele100

Here is my problem with the gifts. Some of the gifts are better than others. We were looking forward to the blankets, but last week we got more Tervis cups. We have no room for more coffee cups. Too bad we can't choose from a selection of gifts when we book. If nothing is appealing then we could pass.

• Like 3

I am surprised they stopped the tervis cups so quickly.  On our Feb. cruise we got the blankets, on our March cruise  4 weeks later we got the cups, and now 5 weeks later we will get the lanyard.  Guess the cups were too expensive to continue!

I hope they keep these around until we sail at the end of June. Because I kind of want one. We have a butt ton of lanyards (including a couple of Carnival ones that we bought and one we got free when we were entertainment VIPs for the week) but I could always use another. We have these huge white cards that we have to use for our HOAs pool and I could use it for that.

5 hours ago, Keys2Heaven said:

How about a couple extra free drink coupons? Or elect to take the gift value as a OBC?

Would save Carnival some money.

They bought them off wish for .99 cents free shipping.what kind of obc you want?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I use a lanyard because it's pretty rare my dresses have pockets.  But we will get premiere ones too.  If I don't carry the lanyard, my husband will carry my cards.
I am one who doesn't mind whatever Carnival decides is their gift.  It's a gift.  How can anyone be upset about a gift?  It's not like I invited them to my party and had a registry of what kind of gifts I would like. 

6 hours ago, Garth2 said:

If this is true, it will break the records for the cheapest and most unwanted gift they've ever offered.  There are many veteran Carnival guests who do not do lanyards.

Think the stationary still wins the most useless gift ever. Didnt realize they made such cheap and thin paper. 

2 hours ago, Joebucks said:

Normally, I am not one to agree with people complaining about free stuff. Although a lanyard being a VIP gift? I think they are better off giving no gift at that point.

Same here. We just turned platinum on our last cruise and got 4 blankets. Now a few months later, a lanyard? I probably already have 10 free lanyards shoved in a drawer right now. Sigh. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lele100 said:

Per John Heald and Matt Mitchum 

DC726156-7DA2-4AF7-9E3D-A450E8E81778.jpeg

I'm betting this is a fake post. I searched back through an entire week of posts on JH's FB page (all the way back to April 16th) and found no such post. Looks like the fake "John Heald" is at it again.

Edited by beachbum53

1 hour ago, beachbum53 said:

I'm betting this is a fake post. I searched back through an entire week of posts on JH's FB page (all the way back to April 16th) and found no such post. Looks like the fake "John Heald" is at it again.

It’s real seems like he deleted it because people were getting nasty.  Matt Mitchum also had posted it and he also deleted it.  But some of the visitor posts on Johns fb page asked the question about this and he responded yes   

Yes on Carnivals CLUB fopr Past Guests.. but we are Customers.

FREE Publicity, yes they need now Good Views and News.

Why not provide us Cruisers with enough nights/days, a dinner at one of the places which charge more and all your able to order is one appy, one main dish, one dessert and tea/coffee..etc..

Putting that Low Cost Basis  GIFT would bring immense PR and News Worldwide.

I do hope other Shareholders voice comes about at the next Annual Meeting.

I have two similar to that one that I got from getting "X" amount of pictures.  They had a punch card that after so many pictures bought, you got a tumbler, a lanyard and a couple of other things.  Never used them once because they have the plastic sleeve to put your card into and it's always hard to get the cards out of them.

13 hours ago, MaryZ said:

I use a lanyard because it's pretty rare my dresses have pockets.  But we will get premiere ones too.  If I don't carry the lanyard, my husband will carry my cards.
I am one who doesn't mind whatever Carnival decides is their gift.  It's a gift.  How can anyone be upset about a gift?  It's not like I invited them to my party and had a registry of what kind of gifts I would like. 

I 100% agree - how do you get upset about anything you are getting for free??  Doesn't make sense.

As for what Tallnthensome said - I go to several restaurants frequently and have never been given a free meal.  Now, if I eat enough subs from Subway I get a free 6" sub.  Not sure which restaurants you go to, but I've never had an upscale restaurant reward me for being a customer.  Some hotels do give you a free night, but unless they are so in demand that they are sold out every night (which seldom if ever happens), that free night costs them nothing.  As a matter of fact they probably make money because you will probably eat in their restaurant during that free night. 

What would you like for CCL to do?  If they were to give gifts that costs even $5, they would be spending thousands of dollars a year as they have a butt load of platinum and diamond cruisers.  Same goes for other lines.

I would have no problem if they stopped the gifts, but until they do, I will graciously accept anything they give me - and give it to someone else if I don't want it.