Merged Topics - Server Errors

1 minute ago, Shmoo here said:

This just happened in the last 20 minutes.  I've been on the boards here this morning (all over them) with no issues.  Until now.

Same here.  No problems earlier today.  And it DOES seem to be the same problem as the other day -- I can access this forum, ports of call, but NOT the usual Cruise Line sub-forums that I usually visit (and had no problem with earlier today).

No error message, those forums just will not load.  

9 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Same here.  No problems earlier today.  And it DOES seem to be the same problem as the other day -- I can access this forum, ports of call, but NOT the usual Cruise Line sub-forums that I usually visit (and had no problem with earlier today).

No error message, those forums just will not load.  

YES! That's exactly the problem I had a couple of days ago -- and it HAS returned! I'm more than a little miffed that folks with questionable photographic skills (and tastes:classic_rolleyes:) can still impose their pictures on all of the rest of us --  but I can't even access the boards for the cruise lines I sail on! Not a happy camper, right now! :classic_angry:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

YES! That's exactly the problem I had a couple of days ago -- and it HAS returned! I'm more than a little miffed that folks with questionable photographic skills (and tastes:classic_rolleyes:) can still impose their pictures on all of the rest of us --  but I can't even access the boards for the cruise lines I sail on! Not a happy camper, right now! :classic_angry:

I so agree; thanks for the :classic_biggrin:

Hmmmm :classic_sad:

After a month or more with virtually no grief, on this visit to Cruise Critic pages would not load.

Then I had to log-in - for the first time since the re-vamp grief.

Now it's taking ages to load each time.

I've closed down & re-opened but no difference

That's a problem I have had on websites from time to time when my speeds have been slower - but this time  I'm having no problem on any other website - it's just on Cruise Critic. I feel sure there's an overload somewhere on CC.

Has someone been trying to fix a different problem , thereby creating this problem??

I'm afraid I have had zero confidence in Cruise Critic's programming since the re-vamp a few months ago.:classic_sad:

JB :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, John Bull said:

Hmmmm :classic_sad:

After a month or more with virtually no grief, on this visit to Cruise Critic pages would not load.

Then I had to log-in - for the first time since the re-vamp grief.

Now it's taking ages to load each time.

I've closed down & re-opened but no difference

That's a problem I have had on websites from time to time when my speeds have been slower - but this time  I'm having no problem on any other website - it's just on Cruise Critic. I feel sure there's an overload somewhere on CC.

Has someone been trying to fix a different problem , thereby creating this problem??

I'm afraid I have had zero confidence in Cruise Critic's programming since the re-vamp a few months ago.:classic_sad:

JB :classic_wacko:

Yea waaay too many posters due to everyone being off today for the holiday. :classic_wink:

Edited by davekathy

Not getting any error messages. Cruise Sub Forums just refuse to load. 

I’m surprised this forum loaded and I only found it when clicking on that button on top right that I think means “Unread (99+)” like the old app had. 

As for the old app I can now read topics, just not able to log in or post, just read only. And that’s not even working this afternoon, either. Just shows the circle of arrows going around and around.

No issues this morning (when everyone was sleeping in :classic_tongue:). 

Getting both SQL (500 error) and CloudFront (504 error) earlier, and, just now 502 Bad Gateway error code.  Not a good way to start off 2019 for CC ... posts on "our" upcoming sailing's Roll Call are getting thru but newbies trying to sign up for CC (migrating from that other social media platform) said to be running into issues.  

I'm guessing that CC's help/IT desk isn't 24/7 and you can't chat with them to alert.  Mods & hosts aren't responsible for site level maintenance and unless they have a back channel to get thru to an AOD ( we called ours "administrator on duty") ... will have to wait until their normal business functions are up again. 

This is the latest message I got:

504 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

CloudFront attempted to establish a connection with the origin, but either the attempt failed or the origin closed the connection. 
If you received this error while trying to use an app or access a website, please contact the provider or website owner for assistance. 
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by following steps in the CloudFront documentation (https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AmazonCloudFront/latest/DeveloperGuide/http-504-gateway-timeout.html). 

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: e1nr0A5pLT6ZbauVSyttLSgDq44hYq2Npo0MCHfFo7czqebwHWEytg==