May seem silly, but I take my pizza seriously...Allure/Adventure

18 minutes ago, AlaskaNewbie68 said:

So, hubby and I loved the Promenade pizza on Adventure earlier this month. Reminded us of what we call "bar pies" here in Jersey. We have now booked Allure in January. Do they have the same pizza? Thank you!

Same. Buffet pizza cooked on the promenade at Sorrento's. The type of pizza vary (even on the same day). We sat next to a couple who complained "how can they not offer sausage pizza???? and who would put grilled chicken on a pizza???" 

image.png.6f797054cf88a988eaf6c30098b3cb48.png

• Haha 1

I take my pizza seriously as well but I just haven't found one serious enough on a cruise ship; the closest was the distant-second flat bread on The Lawn Club Grille, compared to a decent pizza joint landside.

P1110883-Edit-XL.jpg

Sorrento's on Liberty OTS in 2016 was just horrible.  We're going try it again on our upcoming trip.  Maybe it's improved...

16 minutes ago, pnsnkr said:

I take my pizza seriously as well but I just haven't found one serious enough on a cruise ship; the closest was the distant-second flat bread on The Lawn Club Grille, compared to a decent pizza joint landside.

Have you sailed Princess?  They have excellent pizza.  Personally I am not fan of the pizza on Royal.

2 minutes ago, dplusd said:

Have you sailed Princess?  They have excellent pizza.  Personally I am not fan of the pizza on Royal.

Yes, we sailed an Alaska itinerary way back in 2005.  And yes, Princess Pizza stood out and we still talk about it.  That said, our palate has evolved over time.  

26 minutes ago, pnsnkr said:

Sorrento's on Liberty OTS in 2016 was just horrible.  We're going try it again on our upcoming trip.  Maybe it's improved...

I can confirm that it has improved DRASTICALLY from June 2018 to March 2019. 

You'll be very surprised.

Edited by brillohead
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

This is exactly what we wanted to hear, thank you!

36 minutes ago, pnsnkr said:

This is exactly what we wanted to hear, thank you!

It's not "the world's best pizza" or anything, but it's not "frozen Totino's" quality anymore, by any means!

They also have ranch and garlic dipping sauces available now.  Very tasty!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

I met the food and beverage vp on the Presidents cruise and he told me they are implementing new recipes and pizza ovens on the ships. He said that was the number 1 complaint they get on their food surveys. 

I'm not at all surprised.  I was always amazed that they were actually made fresh.... they could have done much better by using a frozen product!  

(When you prefer a Little Caesar's hot-n-ready pizza over what they have at Sorrento's, then the cruise line has a big problem!)

I had heard rumors about it having been improved, and was very pleased to confirm those when I was on Symphony in March.  It was actually worth eating, not just as a way to soak up booze at 3am!!!

13 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Tried pizza at Sorrentos on Oasis and it was about as tasty as a piece of cardboard with ketchup.  Glad to hear they have improved the quality.  Used to love the pizza on Celebrity.

I always raved about Princess pizzas but the ones on Celebrity Edge were really good. It must be the new ovens they have introduced on the Edge class ships

9 hours ago, brillohead said:

I'm not at all surprised.  I was always amazed that they were actually made fresh.... they could have done much better by using a frozen product!  

(When you prefer a Little Caesar's hot-n-ready pizza over what they have at Sorrento's, then the cruise line has a big problem!)

I had heard rumors about it having been improved, and was very pleased to confirm those when I was on Symphony in March.  It was actually worth eating, not just as a way to soak up booze at 3am!!!

I totally agree with you and hearing it has improved is great news  :) 

11 hours ago, brillohead said:

It's not "the world's best pizza" or anything, but it's not "frozen Totino's" quality anymore, by any means!

They also have ranch and garlic dipping sauces available now.  Very tasty!

That's good to hear. The pizza used to be terrible - it was marginally better last May on the Adventure. If it's improved even more that's great. And happy about the dipping sauces. Sometimes you just want a little zip with your za. :classic_biggrin:

12 hours ago, brillohead said:
12 hours ago, pnsnkr said:

4th time on Liberty back in Nov 2018. I can confirm the pizza is 1000% better.

I might have ate it everyday......sometimes more than once!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RazorbackIslandGirl said:

Does anyone know if they have improved the pizza on Harmony? Are the changes fleet wide or is this something they are doing during dry-dock? The oven drastically makes or breaks the pizza!

From what I understand, it's being rolled out gradually to the fleet, not something that requires a dry dock.  Basically, it's a different recipe with better (i.e. fresher) ingredients.

I don't think there is a list online that you'll find as to which ships have it but when you stop by Sorrento's, there will be a sign touting the new recipe.

I would think that Harmony - being one of the newer, top-of-the-line ships - would have the better pizza. I'm sure some recent Harmony cruisers can confirm.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

From what I understand, it's being rolled out gradually to the fleet, not something that requires a dry dock.  Basically, it's a different recipe with better (i.e. fresher) ingredients.

I don't think there is a list online that you'll find as to which ships have it but when you stop by Sorrento's, there will be a sign touting the new recipe.

I would think that Harmony - being one of the newer, top-of-the-line ships - would have the better pizza. I'm sure some recent Harmony cruisers can confirm.

Yes it was rolled out in the Presidents cruise. The vP had some delivered to our room one evening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, brillohead said:

That's very exciting to hear...Sorrento's on Oasis in summer '17 was godawful, an insult to pizza.  I'm actually looking forward to trying Sorrento's again now!

13 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

I met the food and beverage vp on the Presidents cruise and he told me they are implementing new recipes and pizza ovens on the ships. He said that was the number 1 complaint they get on their food surveys. 

Now hopefully they will work on the hamburgers.

• Like 2