Anyone else miss HAL's pillow chocholates?

sail7seas

There's a big difference between the chocolate squares and the truffles.  I'm a chocolate lover, but I wouldn't give you the time of day for a truffle.  If we have occasion to be in a Neptune Suite in the future (dreaming here), I'd ask the cabin steward to replace them with the regular chocolates.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

We got the special treat on gala nights when we had a Neptune. They were fabulous. I never eat the other bland chocolates. Why waste the calories on inferior chocolate?  I’d rather buy something while in port and savor it throughout the cruise. 

Just a suggestion, don’t sweat the small stuff.  Life’s too short. Be happy you are cruising!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

We didn't get them on our pillow.  They were put on our folio along with our breakfast menu and our next day "When and Where".

Ditto.  That’s the way it has been on our last couple of cruises.

It was fine by me.  That was on the Prinsendam.

For me, just leave the dark blue squares, the dark chocolate.  We also are boarding next week.  I'll bring some dove chocolate just  incase the Zuiderdam has run out of blue squares!

Mints, no thanks!

• Like 1

I don't understand the issue.  IF you do not like the chocolate than simply do not eat them.  End of.

You must have a wonderful life and the cruise must have been first rate if this is your only concern.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Msrigby said:

We got the special treat on gala nights when we had a Neptune. They were fabulous.

We did too...I love the squares AND the special ones!😀

• Like 1

My grandkids love the chocolates that grandpa brings home form his cruises  and those are real treats for them . While I am a dark chocolate lover the quality of the real Dutch chocolates we received a number of years back at the end of the bed with the daily program was much better than the ones we get nowadays .

Some countries just know how to make good chocolate and others don't . 

And that is just my opinion , you may call me picky .

Tony :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

On 7/24/2019 at 3:12 PM, canadianbear said:

how cute. what a great way to mix it up. these look awesome. of course. i am open to new things and like to try everything once. so far have only had the regular squares, but if this showed up i  would love it too

3AAF6742-E785-4BBB-8A87-64CC7573FB96.jpeg

47301ECC-1927-4A10-8223-2308A81E6B33.jpeg

B38727CD-243E-474E-AD5D-16FC55B16010.jpeg

66FAAB23-8350-4679-AD99-5E91DFCA04E1.jpeg

4 hours ago, iancal said:

I don't understand the issue.  IF you do not like the chocolate than simply do not eat them.  End of.

You must have a wonderful life and the cruise must have been first rate if this is your only concern.

I so agree.  Don’t want the chocolates?  Just ask they not be given.  Easy.

Beats throwing them out and the waste.

1 hour ago, tuolumne couple said:

I was certainly open to tasting them-but unfortunately neither myself or hubby liked them.  To each their own but at least I tried them-who wouldn’t!  They were packaged very nicely.

We didn't care for the taste of the Le Belge chocolates either but did like the squares we got on other nights.  It's a little nibble.  Certainly nothing to get worked up about one way or the other.

I do note that only the OP has reported not getting the chocolates, even on very recent sailings, so the thread title is a little more than misleading.

Our experience over the last two cruises in Neptune suites is the regular chocolates most nights, the LaBelge truffles on Gala nights, and the "Sleep" ones (yummy I thought) nightly in the Neptune Spa suite. Perhaps the Pinnacle suites get the truffles every night?  Or maybe 5***** get the truffles???

I've received the customary HAL chocolates (delicious) on both of my two recent cruises. Small squares of milk chocolate (my preference) with a white wrapper with a blue HAL logo. I did like the ones in gold foil, but only because they were larger. :classic_biggrin:
If for some reason (horrors!) I didn't like them :classic_huh:, I would just ask the stewards not to leave them, so at least they wouldn't be wasted.

It's hard to 'miss' something that hasn't been taken away.
It's possible that OP's ship just didn't receive their supply. I've had that happen.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 4:49 PM, iancal said:

Where did I  or anyone say it  is my or   their only concern? 

simply  by pass any thread in which you have no interest.  Easy.....

• Like 1

The chocolate squares tha t so many of us enjoy seem t o come from astor chocolate           //www.astorhospitality.com

www.astor chocolate .com

Just looking at the photos above showing the green candy makes me wonder how anyone  could think that a good choice to  provide paying guests as a 'treat'     Clearly, I   think it  a tasteless choice.  .  GREEN  chocolate.  Yum

44 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Just looking at the photos above showing the green candy makes me wonder how anyone  could think that a good choice to  provide paying guests as a 'treat'     Clearly, I   think it  a tasteless choice.  .  GREEN  chocolate.  Yum

To each their own. Green to me indicates a mint chocolate orientation, which I like. 

• Like 2

On 7/25/2019 at 10:56 AM, Msrigby said:

We got the special treat on gala nights when we had a Neptune. They were fabulous. I never eat the other bland chocolates. Why waste the calories on inferior chocolate?  I’d rather buy something while in port and savor it throughout the cruise. 

Just a suggestion, don’t sweat the small stuff.  Life’s too short. Be happy you are cruising!

Yes.  m'aam,

Ms.  Rigby

🙂  Thank you for your  suggestion.

Edited by sail7seas

On 7/25/2019 at 6:28 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

Yikes -- I do not like the looks of these chocolates.

Glad we never received them.

The photos here  are good and the   candies actually look  les s appetizin g    in real time.  LOL

image.png.ccafe0c3fb06780163792fc8a4a6bd90.png

Edited by sail7seas

• 2 weeks later...