Carnival printable bag tags

toddz9604

I am curious of how people are attaching these printable bag tags that Carnival provides. When we have cruises Disney in the past they provided quality self adhesive tags that we used. These printable ones seem like they could very easily be lost or come loose causing issues. What are people’s thoughts on the best way to use this system?

Fold them over and over so they are thick and make sure your room number is showing. Put it around the strap handle of your luggage and then staple them a few time. never had a problem. No need if you do carry on. On some ships now. Even if you do carry on they ask if you would like them to take your luggage to your room for you after you board. If you do not have a luggage tag on it they will mark your room number and put a tag on it. I liked that because your luggage is gong to your room in a few minuets not in a few hours. No worry if it will be there when your room is available. Do not remember which ship it was.

43 minutes ago, coevan said:

Another thumbs up on these tags.

We have the both Carnival sized ones and the Royal sized. 

Works for any line owned by either.

In the past we used to wrap the tags in clear packing tape, then just staple them to the bag handle.

We've used these same luggage tag holders for several cruises now.  They are great - and re-usable.  Before they, we did the same, printed, cut, taped, folded and attached with zip ties.  You can find the luggage tag holders on Amazon

Before we used the clear holders we printed the luggage tags on card stock paper, folded them, then slipped them through the luggage handle, then stapled them. Never lost a tag in 12 years.

We use the plastic tag holders and have had them for about 7 years now on the same set we bought for $8 on amazon.  I put them on when we are headed to the cruise, not for the flight.  When we get to the cabin, I just take them off and tuck them into one of the zipper pouches in one of the suitcases so I never lose them.

1 hour ago, toddz9604 said:

When we have cruises Disney in the past they provided quality self adhesive tags that we used.

Welcome to the lower tier of cruising.....

Just fold the paper like it says and then just staple it to the bag handle.  If you're at a hotel prior to your cruise just ask the front desk to use a stapler.   This really isn't rocket science.

I use the plastic tags from Amazon that are $9.95 for a set of 8. The printed luggage tags fit perfectly inside the plastic tab. There is a thin plastic strip that is used to attach the plastic tag holder to the luggage. When I check my bags with the porter, I put one tag on the top handle of the suitcase and one on the side handle. I have reused these for many cruises.  When I have FTTF, I carry on all of my bags.

On my first cruise I wondered if stapling my tags was secure enough.  Although I had no problem, I did hear about the plastic tag holders and decided to buy a set.  I feel better having them, they only cost a few dollars and are reusable.  And in my mind, one less thing to worry about as I start my cruise.  I like to start with no worries, just excitement and something to drink.

I keep it simple and use a few pieces of clear packing tape over the luggage tags before stapling it onto our bags.

I put the tags on this way in NY, then we flew to Fairbanks with a connection.  We had stops in 4 different Princess hotels during the land tour part of the vacation, and with all that handling, our luggage arrived at our cruise cabin shortly after we checked in.

6 hours ago, coevan said:

Just ordered a set from Amazon. They $8 is well worth it. I don’t have a lot of faith in staples. 

20 hours ago, coevan said:

My DW purchased these for upcoming Pride cruise. Our 6 previous cruises, we just taped the daylights out of the tags around the handles of our luggage, never had an issue.

13 hours ago, evandbob said:

That's why we use packing tape and staples, easy enuff!

The only scary part about Packing tape and staples is the people who do this before boarding an AIRCRAFT. American, Jetblue, Delta & Southwest don't care were your room is. The tag's get lost have seen many a tag traveling around a baggage carousel. So a word to the wise what ever method you use Do IT at the Port before handing over your bag to the porters other wise you maybe running around look & asking for extra tags  

• Like 1

We just ordered the reusable ones, but before that, packing tape and very small wire ties. I'd tape them up at home, punch a hole in the bottom, and wire tie before we got to the ship terminal. I ordered them this time just for the heck of it! I've never just used the paper print out, I have trust issues with that!! LOL

Happy Cruising!

On 8/3/2019 at 11:55 AM, beachbum6264 said:

cover both sides with the tape, staple as shown on the tag, then cover the end with the staple with tape. 

I did what you do and punch hole in end and attach with zip tie.  NEVER has one come off....and they are only needed to get your baggage to your cabin.  After that they are in the trash and no need to go to an additional unnecessary expense.  

On 8/3/2019 at 8:50 AM, coevan said:

Just ordered these... Thanks !

I don't like to worry about a tape covered piece of paper coming off, and losing my luggage just to save a one time cost of $8.