Meet & Mingle sign-ups deleted AGAIN

This past summer on both of our Allure sailings, the M & M sign up page just literally vanished never to return again .

After I signed up for both at least twice prior to that.

Then low and behold one of the cruise directors  (Favio  sp.) posted on our cruise thread for both sailings an open invitation to come to the M & M to all on the thread.  Some never did sign up prior to that invite.

The invitation was very similar to what you would find in your cabin --- only a  modified online version.

Wonder if this will be the new trend.

Safe travels.

Yes, we are sailing on 9/15 and our 25 people confirmation I received on 4/15 now states there are 6 people signed up.  Could it be another one of their ‘cost saving’ measures?  Nothing surprises me about RC anymore.  😣

54 minutes ago, Esmerelda said:

Yes, we are sailing on 9/15 and our 25 people confirmation I received on 4/15 now states there are 6 people signed up.  Could it be another one of their ‘cost saving’ measures?  Nothing surprises me about RC anymore.  😣

I think this is very low on Royal's IT priority list, and they would probably not be disappointed if it went away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

There was similar issue several yrs ago when Totals didnt match but were registered. Not like other time when all totals and names fell off. Cant hurt to register again

I was on the Inde or Freedom back in Feb/Mar 2017 and half of us that had registered didn’t get invitations to the M&M, including me. I think that may have been something like this.

Rick

1 minute ago, LeeRB said:

I was on the Inde or Freedom back in Feb/Mar 2017 and half of us that had registered didn’t get invitations to the M&M, including me. I think that may have been something like this.

Rick

Yes, that might been time frame was thinking

8 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

Now we know where the IT person that made the $18 beverage packages was reassigned to.

4 hours ago, slavearlen said:

I laughed so hard and loud!  This response was priceless!   

You have to remember, last year all the fun and frustration when this “outstanding” (probably in the fog) IT group tried to merge the RCI and Celebrity websites; and apparently didn’t bother taking into consideration that some people might follow good security practice and  have different login credentials on the RCI and Celebrity websites.

Rick

18 hours ago, TwizzlersAddict said:

Are we talking about the same thing? You seem to be talking about the roll calls on this site,we are talking about the meet n mingle that you register at this link

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

The link is broken:

Internal Server Error - Read

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.c39fea5.1566367642.1406ea7c

i was sent a letter just one week ago informing me that there were sufficient people registered for the M&M to go ahead on our sailing on 31.08.19

As there is no way for me now to sign up, I will just get on with my packing.

Edited by upwarduk

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The link is broken:

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Reference #3.c39fea5.1566367642.1406ea7c

i was sent a letter just one week ago informing me that there were sufficient people registered for the M&M to go ahead on our sailing on 31.08.19

As there is no way for me now to sign up, I will just get on with my packing.

Try this link (the other one doesn't work for me either).

https://secure.royalcaribbean.co.uk/ccSearch.do

My parents are on your cruise and I've just re signed them up. They are the only 2 people registered at the moment!

4 hours ago, upwarduk said:

The link is broken:

Reference #3.c39fea5.1566367642.1406ea7c ...

Working for me now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kernow said:

For me that .com link reverts to http://bookings.royalcaribbean.co.uk/ccEntry.do?wuc=GBR which comes up with an internal server error, it's been that way for months now.

Interesting, looks like it's programmed to look at your IP address and automatically go to the UK version.

It wiped out the ones for our 2 upcoming cruises also. With us signed, there are now a grand total of only 5. We enjoy these little get togethers and it seems likely to me that they only increases feelings of loyalty and belonging in cruisers (thus in RCCL’s best interest- not that their decisions are always made based on logic, but.... ). There are some cruisers who show up at the roll call, sign up for the meet and mingle, and then more or less disappear until it’s time to cruise for various reasons. When problems like this occur, these cruises may never realize this error occurred and that they need to sign up again. Not a good situation any way you look at it 😏

Edited by AlohaLivin
  • Like 1

Same problem for Celebrity "Connections" parties. (Apologies if mentioned before.) Looks like a shared server perhaps?

If so, a competent IT department would be able to restore quickly from any of several backups. When the Chicago River flooded out the Chicago commodity exchanges' computer servers containing the data of many billions of dollars of trading info, they didn't miss a beat because of external backups.

But I guess it is not safe to assume something about RC/Celebrity's IT competence we have been repeatedly shown is not true.

Edited by mayleeman

2 minutes ago, mayleeman said:

A competent IT department would be able to restore quickly from any of several backups. But that truism assumes something about RC/Celebrity's IT competence we have been repeatedly shown is not true.

What if RCI is doing this to cut down on M&Ms and it has nothing to do with their IT competence?