NCL Wine Allowance (.. and SHHH ..smuggling question) ..

F27TW

First time on Norwegian coming up!Ā  Ā  Previously RCCL guys and curious whether or not NCL allows the 2 bottles of wine per cabin to be taken on board like RC does.

Ā 

Also .. how is port of NYC with regard to smuggling liquor in checked bag .. are Rum Runner flasks usually making it through there?Ā  šŸ˜‰Ā  Ā  Ā Don't tell anyone i asked ...Ā  LOL

I have used rum runners in the past but not at NYC. Just follow the internet's sage advice of how to pack them and where to position them -- for me it was down near the wheels of the luggage, no air bubbles, and one layer if you will (don't stack them).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sauer-kraut said:

You are allowed to carry on as many bottles as you wish, each 750 ml bottle will incur a $15 corkage fee, payable at the table before you board.Ā 

As to the rum runners, NCL'ers don't really talk about such things here.

Ā 

Oh, come now .. surely you're not presuming to speakĀ on behalf of ALL NCL'ers, are you?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, F27TW said:

First time on Norwegian coming up!Ā  Ā  Previously RCCL guys and curious whether or not NCL allows the 2 bottles of wine per cabin to be taken on board like RC does.

Ā 

Also .. how is port of NYC with regard to smuggling liquor in checked bag .. are Rum Runner flasks usually making it through there?Ā  šŸ˜‰Ā  Ā  Ā Don't tell anyone i asked ...Ā  LOL

If detected, your bags go to the naughty room and you will spend several hours in line at security (along with all of the others with contraband) on the first night of your cruise.Ā 

5 minutes ago, Outerdog said:

I have used rum runners in the past but not at NYC. Just follow the internet's sage advice of how to pack them and where to position them -- for me it was down near the wheels of the luggage, no air bubbles, and one layer if you will (don't stack them).

Ā 

Ive had great success with them in FLL, Cape Canaveral, Bayonne and SJU .. just haven't been outta NYC with them yet.Ā  Ā Im only bringing one or two .. not a bunch .. i got the drinks package, i just like having an in-room option too!Ā  šŸ˜‰Ā 

Edited by F27TW

5 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

If detected, your bags go to the naughty room and you will spend several hours in line at security (along with all of the others with contraband) on the first night of your cruise.Ā 

Ā 

.... ya don't say.Ā šŸ˜

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Ā 

That wasn't my experience when our wine (2 bottles)Ā was taken from our luggage this past April. The process was quite simple...walk down to the mid-ship dining room, pay the corkage fee, and they returned our wine forĀ us to enjoy in our cabin.

TRUE STORY:

had 2 bottles of wine in luggage. Never got myĀ bag..Got notice to report to security office. Bag must have been scanned.

Was told of corkage fee..

I'm a rebel...

At the time was told any wine use onboard required corkage fee. Showed them their writting verbage " in public places"...

My cabin was NOT a public venue.

CASE CLOSED!Ā  received covered strawberries that evening.....

• Like 4

@F27TW

Ā 

You realize that NCL DO come here and read these threads, and now your avatar is a clear selfie of yourself - bet that they will post the photo everywhere on the Escape when you board on Sunday!!

Ā 

Declare and pay up like we all do!

Ā 

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

@F27TW

Ā 

You realize that NCL DO come here and read these threads, and now your avatar is a clear selfie of yourself - bet that they will post the photo everywhere on the Escape when you board on Sunday!!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

In boxing it is called leading with your chin.

• Haha 1

I guess for me, it's a question of why would you even bother posting if you already know you're going to do it? Makes no sense to me.Ā  If I want a bottle of wine in my cabin just buy it, simple, and the steward is happy to give me a nice little ice bucket and put ice in it until the wine is gone.Ā  So easy to do.

Ā Ā 

No thanks to the naughty room. I always seem to be too busy having fun.Ā 

OP, go ahead and do "you". NP

48 minutes ago, yearsofcruising said:

TRUE STORY:

had 2 bottles of wine in luggage. Never got myĀ bag..Got notice to report to security office. Bag must have been scanned.

I'm a rebel...

At the time was told any wine use onboard required corkage fee. Showed them their writting verbage " in public places"...

You do realize by now that you are mistaken, NCLā€™s wine policy has remained unchanged, they just let you go to shut you up. It has clearly stated that the corkage fee of $15 per bottle will be charged for every bottle brought onboard. You are the only person who has ever claimed anything different on this board. NCL doesnā€™t care where you drink your wine, itā€™s $15 regardless, always has been.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

@F27TW

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Oh, come on now. Seriously? Such drama.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

55 minutes ago, yearsofcruising said:

TRUE STORY:

I'm a rebel...

Ā 

Ā 

Are you sure you aren't thinking of a different cruise line?Ā Ā  NCL's policy is very clear on including staterooms.

Ā 

https://www.ncl.com/faq#!#alcohol-consumption

Ā 

Ā 

• Like 1

Not for nothing, you'll have enough booze outside your room that you really don't need to risk anything and try to sneak it on board.Ā  Risk does not equal reward.Ā  Just hit the closest bar as often as you want and have a good time. Trust me, I'm the first one to want to party, which is why I upgraded to the PPB, and definitely got my money's worth!

6 minutes ago, FranknBeans said:

If you cant afford to pay for booze package then you probablyĀ  cant afford to be cruising.I suggest you stick to camping.

Ā 

Ā 

The OP already said in post number six that he has the booze package.Ā Ā Ā 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, F27TW said:

Ā 

Oh, come now .. surely you're not presuming to speakĀ on behalf of ALL NCL'ers, are you?

Ā 

It's correct that NCL'ers don't talk about it here. Very few smuggling threads on the NCL board. Bring as many bottles as you want and pay $15 for each bottle (75cl).

I don't think it comes up much here because those that would just get the drink package. Unless you smuggle something on you drink straight, you have to bring a mixer to your room anyways. NCL lets you get two drinks at a time. Or bring a yeti type cup and fill it up stopping at bars on the way to your cabin - cabin drinks for days!Ā 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Redsky5292 said:

We took an entire case of wine when we cruised out of NY three years ago. We paid the $15 corkage fee per bottle and walked on with the case. My poor husband had to carry the case until our room was ready.Ā 

In future, just take it to the MDR, and they'll gladly store it for you.

• Like 1

On our upcoming cruise on the Escape out of NY, we're plenty satisfied with just having the UBP, but in answer to the OP's question about Rum Runners, our last cruise was 5 years ago out of NYC on Carnival. We got 2 Rum Runners filled with Tito's onboard with no issues. I believe I placed items that were harder for the scanner to see through on top of and below them (shoes, hair brush, full shampoo bottle, etc.) and put one of my wife's hair clips over each cap to disguise the round shape of the caps.