Thoughts on Promenade view Rooms

We try to get Promenade rooms on Deck 8 which is highest floor on the Promenade and has a slanted window for a better view IMO! We like rooms 8275 to 8291 on the Starboard side, across from the Pub on the Promenade, which is where our group gathers and we can see it from our room to see if anyone is there yet! Have had no problems with privacy or noise! Our group has those rooms on Explorer next year!! Cheers!!

We have stayed in a promenade view room on both Adventure and Navigator, and have one booked for our upcoming Thanksgiving cruise, also on Adventure.

We enjoy these rooms because the layout makes them seem bigger and because they are generally cheaper than OV rooms but better than a "true" inside room because they have a window.

On Adventure, our room was towards one of the ends (7557, I think, but could be wrong) and we never noticed any noise at all.

For our next cruise we have chosen one towards one of the ends again.

On Navigator, we had 7279, which was opposite the pub and we did find it noisy. On a couple of nights we could hear the live music from the pub well past midnight. It wasn't a big deal for us but if you like to get to bed early it could be problematic, so while I have no hesitation in recommending this type of room I would definitely suggest you avoid the middle area if noise is likely to be an issue for you. The "view" from the room is not so awe-inspiring that one in the middle of the promenade is a must-do.

The pictures below are from Navigator.

20181123_190657.thumb.jpg.f37203c16a5b922aad58fdac48b8b6a0.jpg

20181123_190723.thumb.jpg.11ac0b665c942c1f11cf6af0bbea4d72.jpg

20181123_190739.thumb.jpg.e33e89c7a3bd4bcb57c1d72ff98e7386.jpg

We stayed in a Promenade room on Allure, Independence and Navigator and quite enjoy them. They are a great alternative to an inside....as similar price but yet bigger and you get a window.  There is the extra seat which makes the room larger and it's fun to look out (although it was the best on Allure when they had Dreamworks and you could look out and "Hey, there's Shrek"....so no more of that).

The only time we heard noise was as per Bob's post at evening parties, etc.  But it wasn't that bad and we have no issue booking again if a Balcony isn't in the budget.  

5 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

As other people say "Don't leave the curtains open when you're undressed." 😎

Totally!

The pic below is on Adventure. I took it from our promenade view cabin which was across from SIL and Bil's. It's badly blurred but you can clearly see that it's not a good idea to have the curtains open unless you're decent enough to be seen!

IMGP1927.thumb.JPG.5c3c1be8a6ea838b1e2b9d4a8f2f5e40.JPG

• Like 1

We have done Promenade rooms twice on Adventure and have booked again for March 2020. As others have stated we like the illusion that the room is larger because of the window seat. Only thing I would avoid is a connecting room.  

9 minutes ago, Armac said:

We have done Promenade rooms twice on Adventure and have booked again for March 2020. As others have stated we like the illusion that the room is larger because of the window seat. Only thing I would avoid is a connecting room.  

It varies by ship, but if you look at the square footage, they are bigger than other rooms, often including interior and ocean view.

We usually book balcony's but did the family promenade room last spring.  Somehow it was available and cheap for 3 people - huge room with two windows.  We're doing a regular promenade in a few weeks on Adventure.  Like the location on 7, window with a view of at least something:classic_tongue:    As noted above, when they do the 70's show and things like that there will be some noise, but it's over before midnight.

And as noted above, keep the curtains closed when necessary.

Edited by bouhunter

We had a Promenade on deck 7 at the end by the elevators. No problems with noise, liked having the idea of the window but found we kept the curtains closed a lot.  My only complaint was the window seat, it is extremely uncomfortable, very hard and if I tried to use the back for support, my feet would not touch the floor and my back was at a weird angle.  We used it mostly to throw stuff on.😂

Sherri🙂

I was in a promenade view room on Independence and I loved it.  I was on deck 7 across from Guest Services.  The noise didn’t bother me at all.  I liked being able to sit in the window seat and look down on the parade and other events going on.  I would book this type of room again if the opportunity arose.

We had one on Independence of the Seas and I did not like it.  We usually get oceanview but they were sold out.  I really, really missed having natural light in the cabin.  Also, it was very loud during the 70's party, which was at 11 o'clock at night.  If you don't care about natural light or don't want to get to sleep early, then you'll be fine.

19 hours ago, Armac said:

Only thing I would avoid is a connecting room.  

+1 :classic_wink:

And take some earplugs if you end up in one. I really like the Promenade rooms, but one time we had a connecting room that had a, shall I say, VERY amorous couple next door. I was in the hall one time when they came out of their room and was surprised to see a VERY elderly couple had been making all those sound effects - I told my husband that I hoped we are still going that strong when we're their age LOL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, SeaHunt said:

And take some earplugs if you end up in one. I really like the Promenade rooms, but one time we had a connecting room that had a, shall I say, VERY amorous couple next door. I was in the hall one time when they came out of their room and was surprised to see a VERY elderly couple had been making all those sound effects - I told my husband that I hoped we are still going that strong when we're their age LOL.

Oh no, I hope it wasn't my parents!  When did this happen and which ship?  :classic_ohmy:

I have had a promenade room several times. I have one booked again on the Liberty of the Seas. These cabins have a much more open feel that a true inside room because of the window. I like looking down at the promenade at any time of the day. I agree about needing to close the drapes when dressing, but this is true also for Central Park and Boardwalk rooms on the Oasis class ships. I also bring a clothespin in case the drapes don't close well, to hold the drapes closed better and block out the light overnight. Maybe since the remodels, I might not need this. 

I did not find noise to be a problem. I must not have been in the cabin when most of the noise was taking place. 

2 hours ago, SeaHunt said:

Hey old folks like to get their loving too, and with the pharmaceuticals available now....well good for them.

On 10/8/2019 at 5:47 PM, Armac said:

Can you please tell me why to avoid a connecting promenade room. We have a connecting one next week with some friends. 

12 minutes ago, Julia429 said:

Can you please tell me why to avoid a connecting promenade room. We have a connecting one next week with some friends. 

If you don't mind the increased sound transmission with a connecting door, then there's no problem.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Julia429 said:

Since you're with friends it's not going to be an issue for you. The problems that can arise are if you have noisy strangers as neighbours because the connecting doors are not entirely soundproof.

• Thanks 1