COMPLIMENTARY MOVIES ARE BACK!!!!

fb0075

From Celebrity

The message we have received has been loud and clear! I am very pleased to say that because of input from guests like you, we have decided to reinstate complimentary stateroom movies aboard our Celebrity ships, effective immediately. When sailing with us, you’ll now continue to be able to enjoy a selection of films, free of charge, from the comfort of your room.

• Like 2

When was this message?  They discontinued the movies awhile ago and after pushback from cruisers they issued a message just like the one you just posted.

on Saturday Nymich posted that there were 2 free alternating movies, set times, you couldn’t just view when you wanted.

1 hour ago, fb0075 said:

From Celebrity

The message we have received has been loud and clear! I am very pleased to say that because of input from guests like you, we have decided to reinstate complimentary stateroom movies aboard our Celebrity ships, effective immediately. When sailing with us, you’ll now continue to be able to enjoy a selection of films, free of charge, from the comfort of your room.

We got the same message from Celebrity Onetouch.

Strangely, the wording is the same as it was 2 months ago at the first reversal.

And for those who say "there are 2 free movies in the cabin" there have ALWAYS been movies playing on the system at various times of the day.  We remember that from like 15 years ago.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

So they severely cut back the free movies, received complaints, reversed their decision, then without any announcement curtailed them again and is now for a second time listening to their customers and reinstating them again?

Honestly, I will believe it when I get on a ship, turn on the TV to the on-demand menu and find movies at no charge (vs. $14.95 each).  Policy change/reversal/policy change/reversal makes you wonder.

• Like 2

Movies cancelled, movies return?  Nightly mints gone, nightly mints return?  It has become a mystery why and when things happen on any cruise. Each cut or return sends a message.  Not a good message! Celebrity keeps cutting.  Unlike the people who cheer when something that was cut returns, There are many guests that  wonder what and when will other things leave or return. With increased fares, the cuts are sad. Celebrity used to be better.  

Merry Christmas from aboard Solstice. We are on a 12 night Holiday cruise right now and will be arriving New Zealand tomorrow.  

There are 26 free on-demand movies on our stateroom television. Because we are heading to New Zealand, that may be why we have the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit trilogies available. 

Btw, the weather on this Christmas day was splendid. Ignore the temperature information on the screen!! However the time is correct, I felt it my CC duty to get out of bed to take these screen shots...

5916A013-C124-4E5C-8B9F-841CCEAA6FAA.jpeg

F5C11E35-CC30-4B50-8EFF-37C56FBCF91B.jpeg

E691141F-A80F-418E-AC21-2D4C90019F68.jpeg

A8681E27-36BC-4916-8509-7DFA47526300.jpeg

C7995B3A-16A8-46B2-A4EF-EFB39134988E.jpeg

1EE69336-6AEE-4395-B822-2BA6D73FAD86.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for posting the free movie selection. Glad to hear they are back. Does anyone know how often the movies change and if they are the same on all of the ships? I am sailing on the Infinity in 19 days and am wondering if the same movies will be running that far out. The airlines generally change the main movies monthly but offer quite a bit more options. 

• 3 weeks later...

THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!

At least not on the Infinity. I am onboard right now and there is only 1 channel that plays 1 movie only all day. All other movies are pay per view and cost $14.99 to watch. I checked with guest services and they stated that they have not been free for quite some time now and did not know why someone would post misleading information on Celebrity’s behalf. Maybe on other ships, but not on this one!

Wish Vt Cruiser was still with us..I miss her everyday. She would set up a grid on movies.  I am going  to try it but will  need help! Please add info onto chart.

SHIP       FREE MOVIES         OTHER 

ON DEMAND?        OPTIONS?

Y     N    # offered

Infinity

Millie

Connie

Summit

Solstice

Equinox

Eclipse

Silhouette

Reflection

Edge

Pls add any ship I forgot to list and try to fit info into grid..

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wish Vt Cruiser was still with us..I miss her everyday. She would set up a grid on movies. 

I never met the lady but I have read many of her threads and posts. I've been on internet forums since their creation and I can honestly say she gave as much friendly, wise advice and information as anybody else I've ever seen on the internet. I miss reading her posts too. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

do they have live tv? I have only ever been on Holland American ships and they had 6 or so live tv stations BBC news, FOX news ESPN 1 and 2 MSNBC and a couple of others i cant remember .. 

Same thing.  On our Solstice cruise earlier this month (out of Sydney) we had,:

1. Australia Channel
  2. Sky News
  3. Travel Channel
  4. HGTV
  5. BBC World News
  6. Fox News
  7. CNBC
  8. MSNBC
  9. Sky Sports
  10. Sport24
  11. ESPN