How good (safe) is laundry service?

CeeeKr

11 minutes ago, CeeeKr said:

Obviously I wouldn't send anything super-delicate, but how have folks fared with laundry service in general? Usually not an issue but we're going to be on the road for an extended amount of time.

They're ok for t shirts shorts etc. Pyjamas and ladies personal items all came fine but I left very explicit details on the form attached to the items. I once sent some nice cotton capris for dry cleaning and pressing that had some silver chain detail at the hem which they removed and lost. Cabin steward even went twice to try and find without luck. Obviously they wouldn't give the same care as at home.

6 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

While onboard we send out our laundry every few days, and have been pleased with the results.  However, we don't travel with fussy or delicate clothing.

Never delicate items you dont want that nice silk top going in the dryer.

I send all my cotton items out to be laundered regularly (jeans, socks, t-shirts and shorts, formal shirts).  Please with results but will definitely be washed in HOT water.

Other items and dedicates we send out to be dry cleaned and have been pleased with results.  

49 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

While onboard we send out our laundry every few days, and have been pleased with the results.  However, we don't travel with fussy or delicate clothing.

Same experience here.  We used the ship's laundry service 4 times during last month's Solstice cruise with good results.  Our clothing was pretty simple.

E63DEA4A-BEB9-41A0-8A55-C0119A09E4C7.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

We also have had good results sending out casual clothes ---- t shirts, shorts, cotton nightgowns, that sort of thing. They don't return very neatly folded, but we can live with that. However, I wouldn't send out anything I was super fond of, or anything too fancy. We haven't had any problems, but I don't fully trust them with things I really wouldn't want to lose. The pressing, on items sent out just for that, has been excellent.

The wash and fold is great for jeans, denim shorts, workout clothes, tee shirts, socks, hankies and DH’s underwear.  
We send dress shirts, golf shirts, blouses, dresses, pants out for dry cleaning, even the ones that could be laundered.  So far no problem. 

I just send underwear, pajamas, socks,  work out clothes and tee shirts, never had a problem. They do a nice job. Many times prior to a westbound trans  Atlantic cruise we will tour Europe for 7-12 days. Gave the steward the  laundry  the 1st day and had it back the next morning 🙂

2 hours ago, RICCruisers said:

My only real complaint is the smell that my clothes come back with. It’s hard to explain the smell, sort of a chemical type of thing. 

My wife and I have noticed that same scent as well.  Smells like they washed our clothes with their dining linens. Lol  If the same washers and dryers are used for linens and guest clothing then that could possibly explain the scent??

It is good for common items that aren’t expensive.  

I don't t like the laundry tags that they hot tape to them.    If on my shirts they scratch my neck and depending on the item are hard to get off without pulling the fabric.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

15 hours ago, CeeeKr said:

Obviously I wouldn't send anything super-delicate, but how have folks fared with laundry service in general? Usually not an issue but we're going to be on the road for an extended amount of time.

We use the laundry service on every cruise with little or no problems.  However, we don't send delicate items to the laundry.

I do send polo shirts and Khakis as well as underwear, socks and PJs.

I really doubt they follow super specific instructions so I stick to dry cleaning pants/dress shirts, etc and regular laundry for gym clothes. The prices for dry cleaning aren't too far off from what we pay at home and they do a comparable job. Laundry for gym clothes is fine but I wouldn't send out anything that needed washed in cold water or handled more delicately. 

• Like 1

Not the best but gets the job done for t-shirts, shorts, underwear and socks. I find it's very harsh on clothes and never really comes out very clean. Last month my swim trunk came back missing the string and I'm still looking for another swim trunk that seems to be missing. Couldn't wait to get home and rewash all my clothes with good detergent and fabric softener.