Cruise Critic Community
ATC cruiser

Toddler Death Law Suit Update

What is happening with Anello's trail?

I know he has decided to change his plea to guilty and his trail was due to start in April but what is the latest please.

Is Puerto Rico holding trails and plea hearing at the moment? 

Any updates on this?

Oh cat jumped on keyboard, do not know how and why I a underlining my post, let.alone how to get rid of it.

Stay healthy

looks like a mediation in November

image.png.8cf606e7f3bbc52936b18ec53b837ffc.png adr Notice of Mediator Selection and/or Hearing Tue 04/14 9:15 AM
NOTICE of Mediator Selection and Hearing. Selected/Added Manuel R Morales, Jr as Mediator. Mediation Hearing set for 11/19/2020 @ 10 am. (Morales, Manuel)

They don't deserve a penny. Why would Royal go to mediation and not fight it? Is this something that's required first and if they don't come to an agreement then it goes to trial?

9 hours ago, csnarpy said:

looks like a mediation in November

image.png.8cf606e7f3bbc52936b18ec53b837ffc.png adr Notice of Mediator Selection and/or Hearing Tue 04/14 9:15 AM
NOTICE of Mediator Selection and Hearing. Selected/Added Manuel R Morales, Jr as Mediator. Mediation Hearing set for 11/19/2020 @ 10 am. (Morales, Manuel)

was that for the lawsuit or the criminal charges?

1 hour ago, cltnccruisers said:

was that for the lawsuit or the criminal charges?

Likely for civil matter.  Your passenger contract requires mediation/arbitration prior to any trial.  

The. Criminal matter is totally separate and is in Puerto Rico.  If he's pleading then no trial just appearance before court and putting plea on the record and agreement on sentence.  I can't recall what the plea agreement is but I'm sure someone will find it!  

3 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

Thanks.  I no longer have a pacer account. 

neither do i.

Read a news article abou the Wiegand's lawyer now putting together a class action case with RCCL crew members who got COVIID19 as Plaintiffs.  He may see this case as more promising than one brought by parents of a child whose step-grandfather dangled her outside a window on Deck 11, lost his grip and she fell to her death.  There is video showing the step-grandfather's actions.  

21 hours ago, njkruzer said:

Likely for civil matter.  Your passenger contract requires mediation/arbitration prior to any trial.  

The. Criminal matter is totally separate and is in Puerto Rico.  If he's pleading then no trial just appearance before court and putting plea on the record and agreement on sentence.  I can't recall what the plea agreement is but I'm sure someone will find it!  

There will be no criminal trial, he already plead guilty to a lesser charge and will serve no time. The criminal aspect of this case is behind him now.

3 hours ago, rusty nut said:

There will be no criminal trial, he already plead guilty to a lesser charge and will serve no time. The criminal aspect of this case is behind him now.

Possibly but if he has any humanity in him this event will haunt him for the rest of his life. 

12 hours ago, rusty nut said:

I probably wasn't clear in my post -- I was writing about the civil lawsuit that they parents brought against RCCL.  

13 hours ago, SherriZ366 said:

I probably wasn't clear in my post -- I was writing about the civil lawsuit that they parents brought against RCCL.  

The attorney is doing you know what into the wind. Ambulance chaser. As an example. My son tapped a trucks trailer hitch when coming to a stop. (Lawn maintenance truck) No damage to his or the other vehicle. The guy called one of those TV attorneys. We will get you money. They did. The guy claimed back injuries.

5 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

The attorney is doing you know what into the wind. Ambulance chaser. As an example. My son tapped a trucks trailer hitch when coming to a stop. (Lawn maintenance truck) No damage to his or the other vehicle. The guy called one of those TV attorneys. We will get you money. They did. The guy claimed back injuries.

Can't say I've heard much of anything positive about Winkleman.  In this case he may not have been there before Chloe's body was cold but he certainly made it before the family had any time to process what had happened.

On 5/2/2020 at 11:11 AM, cltnccruisers said:

Can't say I've heard much of anything positive about Winkleman.  In this case he may not have been there before Chloe's body was cold but he certainly made it before the family had any time to process what had happened.

I totally agree he was in San Juan as soon as possible after this happened and got media coverage quickly.  Had the parents on the media quickly too.  

On 5/1/2020 at 6:56 PM, SherriZ366 said:

Courts many places on hold, nothing going on for Months now...