Cool You Tube

marieps

Found this neat time lapse of Silhouette arriving in Cadiz, Spain for her dry dock last weekend.  Look closely and you'll see all the balcony partitions are open and workers are present on several decks.   The fish-tailing toward the end is something else.  

Edited by marieps
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, zeberdee said:

Thanks for posting.
We're on the first cruise post refurbishment, lets hope it all goes to plan.

Just a note as has been echoed on these boards many times;  finishing touches are often still going on during the first couple of cruises post dry dock.  This happened to us on Xpedition...to the point where Celebrity refunded a substantial amount of the fare.  We didn't even have the hot tub until the passengers demanded it be opened.

We were recently on the third cruise post DD on Oceania Regatta...and workers were still hanging signs and doing minor touches.

Here's the good news for Silly:  They had a week-long voyage to Spain on which to work on interior non-structural upgrades, and they have the same going back.  That basically gives them two extra weeks.  We're on her in late March.  Here's to smooth sailing for all!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, blueboro said:

So is the Bahamas dry dock facility still not repaired?  Was surprised Silhouette had to go all the way to Spain like the Equinox.  

The Bahamas facility was a floating dock which failed catastrophically due to being overloaded. There are no facilities in or near to USA that can handle larger cruise ships so they have to come to Europe,

5 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

The Bahamas facility was a floating dock which failed catastrophically due to being overloaded. There are no facilities in or near to USA that can handle larger cruise ships so they have to come to Europe,

I knew due to the accident in the Bahamas the Equinox had to make the trip to Spain which kept much of the "revolution" items from completion...I just assumed it had been repaired and future refurbs would not have to travel across the pond.

On 1/20/2020 at 3:15 PM, zeberdee said:

Thanks for posting.
We're on the first cruise post refurbishment, lets hope it all goes to plan.

So are we! I originally booked it because it *wasn't* the first cruise post refurb. I guess we're in the same boat?

I keep checking the internet to see if I can find up to date info about how the refurb is going.
I really hope it goes to plan as we leave the UK on the 12th Feb.
Not so easy for us to re-schedule if it gets cancelled.

Have you signed up for the meet and mingle?