RCL Stock

heidikay

On 5/4/2023 at 3:23 PM, fredmdcruisers said:

The cuts in the experience will save them big $s. They might have to reverse the new menu but will stall as long as they can. 

On my Anthem February sail, our Headway told us the menu will be revisited in June.  Don't know for sure and maybe he wanted us to stop complaining.🤣

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI is coming for your wallet:

"

In the first quarter of 2023, roughly two-thirds of Royal Caribbean Group passengers booked onboard activities in advance of their cruise, meaning the company was able to prebook more onboard revenue than ever.

According to Jason Liberty, president and CEO of the cruise company, this was well up compared to the last normal year, when 48 percent of guests had prebooked onboard activities in 2019.

Key Highlights:

• Total revenue per passenger day for Q1 2023 was $251.43 compared to $230.99 in Q1 2019.
  • Ticket revenue per passenger day for Q1 2023 was $165.28 compared to $161.90 for Q1 2019.
  • Onboard revenue per passenger day for Q1 2023 was $86.15 compared to $69.09 for Q1 2019.
  • Total cruise operating expenses per passenger day were $156.25 for Q1 2023 compared to $133.85 for Q1 2019.

“Every dollar that guest spends pre-cruise translates into approximately $0.70 of incremental spend once onboard,” Liberty said, as cruise guests are known to have a ‘fresh wallet’ once aboard the ship.

“While we have made a significant leap in our commercial capabilities, we are still in the early innings of our journey, and we’ll continue to add features and capabilities to our app and commercial engines,” Liberty said."

Onboard Revenue Up at Royal Caribbean, More Prebooked Spend - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

Operating expense per passenger went up more than total revenue per passenger.  That isn’t ideal.  

When it went down to $33 a share last year for no reason I bought another 100 shares. Kick myself every day for not buying more.  At any rate I am very happy that my 210 shares are doing well and I have have used the credit benefit several times. 

• Like 1

I submitted a shareholder benefit request last year via fax redacting all personal information from my broker statement except that which related to RCL. I was ready to claim my benefit for two future Celebrity cruises via the link I'd bookmarked. Now it needs to be done electronically, so how do I do this without sharing the entire statement, which has other holdings besides RCL?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

I submitted a shareholder benefit request last year via fax redacting all personal information from my broker statement except that which related to RCL. I was ready to claim my benefit for two future Celebrity cruises via the link I'd bookmarked. Now it needs to be done electronically, so how do I do this without sharing the entire statement, which has other holdings besides RCL?

If you have sheet you faxed with redacted info. Are you able to scan to email? If so email it to yourself.

If you printer is a multifunction you can also SCAN to PDF and save it to your PC.

You can than submit electronically.

https://rcg.questionpro.com/a/TakeSurvey?tt=wqfn1XaMgJAECHrPeIW9eQ%3D%3D

20 hours ago, topnole said:

Operating expense per passenger went up more than total revenue per passenger.  That isn’t ideal.  

Likely covid related expenses, e.g. gloves, sanitiser, other cleaning treatments and procedures.

20 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Likely covid related expenses, e.g. gloves, sanitiser, other cleaning treatments and procedures.

Or the crazy inflation for nearly every product used in all of their operations?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Revenue up over expectations, bookings at all time high, fleet wide occupancy running at 102%, several brokerage houses raised rating to strong buy, high price target for next 12 months raised to $104. 

Take that target with a grain of salt. November 21, 2021, with the industry shut down, the price was $84. Now, with all ships sailing and averaging 102% occupancy, revenue at all time high and the stock is hovering in the mid $70s. I don’t see inflation going away anytime soon, and the massive debt ($19.4 billion as of March 31 of this year) will take even longer to get down to a manageable number anytime soon with all the new ships coming.

In January 2021, the stock was $133+ and paid a dividend of  $3.12 per share.

20 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Revenue up over expectations, bookings at all time high, fleet wide occupancy running at 102%, several brokerage houses raised rating to strong buy, high price target for next 12 months raised to $104. 

Yet despite running at full occupancy they are still losing money

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Yet despite running at full occupancy they are still losing money

Really.... Next quarter will be telling.

3 days ago  Royal Caribbean Group: cuts net loss and reports $271 million profit in first quarter 2023.
They are coming back strong, leaving most other cruise line operators far behind in revenue. 

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Really.... Next quarter will be telling.

3 days ago  Royal Caribbean Group: cuts net loss and reports $271 million profit in first quarter 2023.
They are coming back strong, leaving most other cruise line operators far behind in revenue. 

Read the actual earnings release and you'll see that "profit" is on an adjusted basis where they exclude pesky things like interest expense.  The full year profit they are projecting for '23 is also only on an "adjusted" basis.

8 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Take that target with a grain of salt. November 21, 2021, with the industry shut down, the price was $84. Now, with all ships sailing and averaging 102% occupancy, revenue at all time high and the stock is hovering in the mid $70s. I don’t see inflation going away anytime soon, and the massive debt ($19.4 billion as of March 31 of this year) will take even longer to get down to a manageable number anytime soon with all the new ships coming.

In January 2021, the stock was $133+ and paid a dividend of  $3.12 per share.

You gotta spend money to make money😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

You gotta spend money to make money😉

I don’t see where your post relates to mine. If you have to spend money to make money, apparently they aren’t very good at it. They haven’t made a penny since the first quarter of 2020.

Even with all ships sailing, high bookings and high pricing they are still running in the red.

3 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I don’t see where your post relates to mine. If you have to spend money to make money, apparently they aren’t very good at it. They haven’t made a penny since the first quarter of 2020.

Even with all ships sailing, high bookings and high pricing they are still running in the red.

Comment about paying for new ships

Profits will come

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

Biker had the best suggestion. Scan it as a Jpeg and then use the eraser function in Paint program to remove the unneeded information. It looks a lot neater when you send it to them electronically. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, TMLAalum said:

My DH prints out a sheet and I fold it so nothing else shows except the Royal stock shares. Then I took a picture of it with highlights of the names, the amount of shares, and the date. I submit that online for the benefit. It’s very easy actually.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 9:38 PM, John&LaLa said:

Comment about paying for new ships

Profits will come

Yes. See Amazon, Tesla, FedEx and many others as companies that failed to make money for multiple years. It is not at all uncommon. Cruising is not going away and who is better positioned than Royal Caribbean for future growth? They attract the optimal demographic, have the best new ships and own a private island packed with profit-making opportunities. If only they could hire a competent IT team🤪.

disclaimer - I own both Royal Caribbean and Amazon stock.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:36 PM, cruiseguy1016 said:

The policy used to be that the shareholder's OBC was not combinable with other discounts or OBC offers. Royal Caribbean changed that policy in 2018(?) so that the shareholder's OBC is now combinable with other discounts. I don't know why you have been unsuccessful unless it was before the policy was changed.

Of course they changed it in 2018. I'd tried to use it once but I had some form of OBC. My last cruise was in 2018 and I wasn't aware of the change so I didn't get to use it.