Temporary Cancellation Policy Announced

idahospud

Nice to see a company do the right thing and give customers the option. After 2 QT'd ships its definitely good to get some positive PR

I have a sailing on Regal on the 15th, really debating cancelling. It will be a big bummer to miss a trip but the potential to be denied ports or worse QT'd seems like a much bigger bummer. There will always be more cruises 🙂

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BRANDEE said:

Would have appreciated the OBC for not cancelling my March 8th cruise..New Zealand

March 7 th Island Princess not included here. And Jamaica & Grand Cayman are two of our ports. They have turned away other cruise ships recently. 

• Like 2

Have been patiently waiting until the very last minute for Princess to do the right thing -- Praying this is applicable to our March 7 Royal sailing that we will NOT be boarding due to inability to manage possible quarantine. Will lose ALL faith in Princess if our sail date is not included in this appropriate and necessary accommodation! Trusting it will be honored!

Edited by FolsomFamilyCruisers
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, CarelessAndConfused said:

Oh great!!!  Now I have even more non-refundable OBC with which I am clueless as to how to spend.

Purchase Future Cruise Credits.  At least that will be refunded if they aren’t used in two years. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ajs2294 said:

Our March 29th sailing was on the Regal as well. We are going to cancel and take the future cruise credit. For us, it was just too risky at this time. But yeah....definitely a bummer.

Nice to see a company do the right thing and give customers the option. After 2 QT'd ships its definitely good to get some positive PR

I have a sailing on Regal on the 15th, really debating cancelling. It will be a big bummer to miss a trip but the potential to be denied ports or worse QT'd seems like a much bigger bummer. There will always be more cruises 🙂

Edited by Stevie17

The email I received doesn't say that it'll be on board credit but future cruise credit to be applied to a trip before Dec 31, 2021. 

I don't intrepid it as being refundable but only to be used for a future cruise.

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dog said:

March 7 th Island Princess not included here. And Jamaica & Grand Cayman are two of our ports. They have turned away other cruise ships recently. 

I find it funny that Princess sent this OBC notice under my booking for a March 8th cruise, but not my March 21 cruise.  Things must be crazy at front office.  Time to buy CCL stock if you do not already have it.  Our March 21 cruise to Fiji already has a port cancellation...won't be surprised (just very disappointed) if more islands say ..go away.  Didn't travel half way around the world for a 14 day at sea cruise, but totally understand the concerns of these small island nations.

• Like 1

Princess is the best. I think all other companies out there should look into what Princess is doing. This is what democracy should look like - giving options to people. Even though I dont believe that there will a problem concerning the cruise I still appritiate that the company does care about me as a human being and not about my money as a customer. I wonder what other options were made (if any) by other companies. I also wonder how agencies  manage to deal with such offers. Are they affected in any way? Do they also get a refund?

Can any one clarify the sentence:

"The FCC does not have to be used on the same product that was cancelled and is non-transferable."

Does this mean the credit can be used on any carnival corporation cruise...eg. HAL, ....or must it be used on a Princess cruise?

7 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Princess is the best. I think all other companies out there should look into what Princess is doing. This is what democracy should look like - giving options to people. Even though I dont believe that there will a problem concerning the cruise I still appritiate that the company does care about me as a human being and not about my money as a customer. I wonder what other options were made (if any) by other companies. I also wonder how agencies  manage to deal with such offers. Are they affected in any way? Do they also get a refund?

Glad Princess cares about you as a human being and not about your money. We are booked on March 7 th Island Princess cruise. Got this email but,  my date does not qualify for anything. If I hear otherwise I will post. 

• Like 1

No email for my May cruise. Maybe because I booked it in Germany. Hopefully it applies to cruises booked in Germany too, although nothing on the .de website (but can see it on the uk website).  The OBC will be useful if our Japan cruise in May isn't cancelled (I still think Princess will end up cancelling it anyway).

One thing different I see in the stated cancellation policy on the WEB site, and what was actually in the email I received is filing a claim under the PVP if you have it.

Not going to effect everyone as this cancellation policy is good for those who didn't purchase PVP.  However for those us who do, it's best to look at the options.

We would probably be better off to cancel, where we are at the 50% fee range and get about 1/2 back as a credit card credit and the other 1/2 as a future cruise credit.

We are still waiting ourselves, to see what happens to the Grand today after the get the results back. If someone tested positive, and they quarantine the ship for 14 days, we will cancel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

March 5, 2020

We continue to implement increased monitoring, screening and sanitation protocols to protect the health of our guests, crew and the residents of the destinations we serve. Our measures are designed to be flexible to adapt to changing conditions and recommended best practices. For your reference, you can read our Guest Travel Advisory.

Nevertheless, we know you have questions about your upcoming cruise. Princess would like to share some policy updates that provide options and flexibility should you want to reschedule your currently booked vacation that sails between now and May 31, 2020.

• Sailings departing between March 9 and April 3*: booked guests can cancel up to 3 days prior to departure, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.
  • Sailings departing between April 4 and May 31*: booked guests can cancel by March 31, 2020, receive a Future Cruise Credit for 100% of the cancellation fee amount, and move your booking to any voyage that departs by December 31, 2021.

*Date of departure is from the start date of your cruise or cruisetour, whichever is earlier.

If you choose to keep your booking as currently scheduled for departures between March 9 and May 31, you will receive the following Onboard Credit amounts:

• $100 USD/ $150 AUD per cabin for 3 and 4 day cruises
  • $150 USD / $225 AUD per cabin for 5 day cruises
  • $200 USD / $300 AUD per cabin for 6 day and longer cruises

For our guests booked on Crown Princess Mediterranean
itineraries, we are finalizing some itinerary changes and a special offer that we will be sharing early next week.

Please note that Future Cruise Credits will automatically be applied to each guest's Captain's Circle account after they have cancelled. The Future Cruise Credit will not be available instantly and may take up to 10 business days to be processed. Guests with Princess Vacation Protection should file a claim via www.aontravelclaim.com in the first instance.

We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Sincerely,
Jan Swartz
Jan Swartz

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kiwichick62 said:

Would this also apply to non refundable Ez-air bookings does anyone know?

I'm also curious about this. We purchased 2 Ez-air business class flights to Buenos Aires for our March 19 Coral Princess cruise...

We had email to be able to cancel our South America cruise on 19th March, to get FCD to use by end of 2021. We fly out few days early. 

Our decision  will be based on whether we can transfer our international flights to a later date. At the moment this looks unlikely. We'll see what airline says in middle of next week.

In UK we can't get Cancel for Any Reason insurance so although we have comprehensive insurance, we would not be covered.

It was our decision to book flights separately as Princess flight charges were much higher in this case. We have been lucky previously to have had good prices, sadly not this time.

Decisions, decisions!

Does anyone know what happens to EZ Air and if you booked the hotel through Princess?

I have until end of today to get 25% of my money back from my cruise (and am in 75% penalty).

Edited by Coral

1 minute ago, SargassoPirate said:

This is great news.  We have a cruise that falls within the parameters described so I'm hoping enough people cancel that I can upgrade.  I'll be watching for vacancies.

Thank you, Princess.

That's what I was hoping for until they let people cancel without penalty.

Now I'm just appreciative that we aren't forced to go, so to speak.

Enjoy four upgrade or up-sell. I'm sure the ships will only partially filled.

We'll use our money to cruise in the fall after all this blows over and things are safer. Why chance it?

Happy to see they are rethinking this, but very disappointed (that's an understatment) they have chosen to excluded March 7 and March 8 sailings. We are booked on the Sky tomorrow, but have been pleading with customer service for the past several days to reconsider the cancellation policy as we do not wish to risk quarantine. If they truly are excluding March 7/8, I will loose all respect from Princess. 

• Like 1

I don't understand why they need 72 hours prior notice for those of us who are just as worried yet are sailing prior to March 9th. We do have CFAR insurance and had no intention of canceling until the Grand situation. I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty concerned at this point. 

It would have been a nice gesture for them to offer us some OBC as well,  but since they aren't offering those without insurance the option to cancel, there is no reason for them to offer an OBC incentive to us to keep the booking. Why waste their money on those who have no choice? 🙄

Edited by hllwdcruiser

1 minute ago, cng062000 said:

Happy to see they are rethinking this, but very disappointed (that's an understatment) they have chosen to excluded March 7 and March 8 sailings. We are booked on the Sky tomorrow, but have been pleading with customer service for the past several days to reconsider the cancellation policy as we do not wish to risk quarantine. If they truly are excluding March 7/8, I will loose all respect from Princess. 

It is strange that they didn't include ALL sailings in that offer.

I don't see the logic in it. 

Does anyone have an explanation? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

Have you been living under a rock? Princess is actually late to the game in this regard. Most US airlines have already waived cancellation penalties for flights booked within a certain time frame for example.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, frugaltravel said:

Have you been living under a rock? Princess is actually late to the game in this regard. Most US airlines have already waived cancellation penalties for flights booked within a certain time frame for example.

I completely agree. They are very late to the game. Actually it sounds like most (all?) of CCL companies are late to the game. HAL still hasn't listed anything yet.

My trip ends in France and cases are rising by the hour there. They are expected to reach Stage 3 of COVID-19 in a few days. I have 3 nights hotel (through Princess in Paris).

• Like 2