Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

13 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Hi Avril, rumours of my doom were incorrect!  I have been over to my office, collected everything I need and am working from home.  I'm lucky I can.

Have a feeling I won't be paying the balance of my next cruise which is due in July.  this looks bad for the long term.

I agree. The thing that will stop me is the insurance situation. Until this virus is totally under control and a reliable vaccine is available my view is that it would be stupid for me to cruise as insurance companies won’t cover Covid 19 related claims.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Les_ldh said:

I agree. The thing that will stop me is the insurance situation. Until this virus is totally under control and a reliable vaccine is available my view is that it would be stupid for me to cruise as insurance companies won’t cover Covid 19 related claims.

Well said. It would be good, if very unlikely, if this could be made into a sticky. A few of us have been banging on along these lines for a while, but the posts seem to remain unseen by many. 

1 hour ago, Les_ldh said:

My concern too.

23 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

I know some. They were treated so badly they aren't biting.  Inadequate supplies of safety equipment,  no ventilators,  risk of death because a lot of them are high risk. The usual bull from Johnson. 

4000 nurses and 500 doctors have answered the call for help and are returning to the NHS. You and your mates can return to doing whatever you do and the rest of us will do all we can to get through this.

Edited by PRINCESSTHE BEST
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PRINCESSTHE BEST said:

4000 nurses and 500 doctors have answered the call for help and are returning to the NHS. You and your mates can return to doing whatever you do and the rest of us will do all we can to get through this.

Me and my mates? I'm confined to home because COVID-19 would kill me, and my 'mates' are concerned that being on the frontline in theatre the failure to provide effective protective equipment would kill them too. Is that really fair, and is it right that the government should lie about the safety equipment?

What are you doing by the way?

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Me and my mates? I'm confined to home because COVID-19 would kill me, and my 'mates' are concerned that being on the frontline in theatre the failure to provide effective protective equipment would kill them too. Is that really fair, and is it right that the government should lie about the safety equipment?

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Goodnight Harry, it’s past your bedtime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Harry, how many mates in how many hospitals do you have, and are you in constant touch with them?  If not maybe the promised supplies have arrived and their moans have been answered.

You seem prepared to bash the govt with any rumours you can get your hands on, and it' doesn't display a nice persona.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Harry it's okay to be scared. everyone understands that.

Stiff upper lip is needed at this time.

I am as concerned as you

I have been locked down for 6 days, I have no external support and have never shopped on line so back of the queue. Have a wife who has MS, so she has special needs fresh fruit, and fresh vegetables.

Not sure how we will cope, but the one job I would not want at this time is PM.

as a Country we need to be united behind our government and take heed of there instructions.

We will get though this by being united and supporting each other.

So stop being a miserable git.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mercury7289 said:

Harry it's okay to be scared. everyone understands that.

Stiff upper lip is needed at this time.

I am as concerned as you

I have been locked down for 6 days, I have no external support and have never shopped on line so back of the queue. Have a wife who has MS, so she has special needs fresh fruit, and fresh vegetables.

Not sure how we will cope, but the one job I would not want at this time is PM.

as a Country we need to be united behind our government and take heed of there instructions.

We will get though this by being united and supporting each other.

So stop being a miserable git.

That’s terrible. Do you have neighbours that can help? Maybe do food shop for you. Maybe find out which local greengrocers are doing local home deliveries. Where I live we have a very active WhatsApp group on my road and a NHW group who are all looking out for one another. Maybe you have the same?  Get in touch with your local council if you need assistance. Many of them have set up or can direct you to shopping help. Stay safe. 

• Like 4

Just now, staygulf said:

That’s terrible. Do you have neighbours that can help? Maybe do food shop for you. Maybe find out which local greengrocers are doing local home deliveries. Where I live we have a very active WhatsApp group on my road and a NHW group who are all looking out for one another. Maybe you have the same?  Get in touch with your local council if you need assistance. Many of them have set up or can direct you to shopping help. Stay safe. 

I am sitting here sobbing

Thank you

39 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

I have been locked down for 6 days, I have no external support and have never shopped on line so back of the queue.

I am unsure if you mean you just have to to wait longer for a slot, or if you dont know how to do it.  If the latter, just shout, and I will set it up for you, and talk you through it.  If things really are as desperate, food/household things wise as you say, let me know, I have no issues posting you down a box of stuff.  Please, dont think you need to suffer alone.  Just shout, and I will pass my email addy over. 

Edit:  I run another site, and they are all great shoppers, I am sure there will be someone near you who can drop stuff off. 

Edited by davemorton
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, davemorton said:

I am unsure if you mean you just have to to wait longer for a slot, or if you dont know how to do it.  If the latter, just shout, and I will set it up for you, and talk you through it.  If things really are as desperate, food/household things wise as you say, let me know, I have no issues posting you down a box of stuff.  Please, dont think you need to suffer alone.  Just shout, and I will pass my email addy over. 

Wow! more tears!

Thank you

Will contact you, if our needs cannot be dealt with locally.

How to do, is what is needed me thinks.

I have been the only carer for over 25 years so always been used to copping, however being locked away it has suddenly hit hard

Edited by mercury7289
More explanation
  • Like 1

Just now, staygulf said:

Aah, but I have your email address and will sell it to the highest bidder. 😎

Ooo, a nice prince may inform me how I have  million pound tax rebate and I only need to pay his daughter £700 for her to run to the post office to post it to me 😉

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Join us in the pub. A few more jokes over there for you to steal. First virtual drink's on me 🍷😉

Avril 

I thought the UK pubs were closed by Boris, oh you mean the CC Pub, always open.download.jpg.9e3004297f59d4d314879193d9b248a4.jpg

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, mercury7289 said:

I am sitting here sobbing

Thank you

Meals on Wheels in your area? Try them. I work for Meals on Wheels in Batemans Bay, OZ. Bit far to send the meals to you, they would thaw out.  Stay safe and soldier on as they say.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NSWP said:

I thought the UK pubs were closed by Boris, oh you mean the CC Pub, always open.download.jpg.9e3004297f59d4d314879193d9b248a4.jpg

Arrggg!!!  Horrible stuff, full of chemicals, much better off getting the other 'local' brew (was a bit of a local rivalry in its time 😉 ) 

345909011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=92bbb

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davemorton said:

Arrggg!!!  Horrible stuff, full of chemicals, much better off getting the other 'local' brew (was a bit of a local rivalry in its time 😉 ) 

345909011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=92bbb

Double Maxim originally from Vaux brewery.

Lovely brew.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1