Jump to content

Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, goofysmom99 said:

Do I need to have my TA do it or will they tell me?

I always book direct, so I don't know for sure, but I'd certainly try calling myself first. 

 

Harris

Denver, CO

Link to post
Share on other sites

Also received refund this morning for Summit 9 May and 6 June cruises.   Refunds came in 7 different amounts.  The 6 June cruise was deposit only as that is all that we had paid on it.

 

Hang in there folks.   We responded to the Celebrity e-mail the same day they cancelled each cruise.  The 9 May one was cancelled in March so it took almost 2 months to get our refund.  The June was only the deposit so they added it to the credit card with the May cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, marycruz said:

Also received refund this morning for Summit 9 May and 6 June cruises.   Refunds came in 7 different amounts.  The 6 June cruise was deposit only as that is all that we had paid on it.

 

Congratulations. If I may inquire, did the amounts = what you were due?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cruise date: March 28th

Celebrity canceled cruise on March 13th

Requested refund March 14th

After 2 phone calls and 1 email we received full refund May 14th!  Almost 9 weeks total.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, treehugr said:

Congratulations. If I may inquire, did the amounts = what you were due?

 

 

Yes, they absolutely did.  In fact, I was surprised by the June cruise deposit being included.  We also got the total deposit amount (in 3 amounts) for that cruise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

March 15 Eclipse cancelled March 14 when we were in San Antonio, Chile. Requested refund on March 16.  Received refund of move up accepted offer on April 25.  Received cruise fare, port fees, taxes and shore excursions today.  We booked with Flights by Celebrity for the first time.  They were great getting us home.  Hoping for refund of the airfare also, but will wait for 3 weeks before emailing.  The way I understand it, your reservation gets passed to different groups to process the refunds. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We were booked on the Inaugural sailing of the Apex (April 5)......we received our refund from Celebrity as well as a refund for the flights we booked on Celebrity Air.....can't wait until it's safe to sail again

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received our refund for the Solstice May 21st cruise....  it came in 9 different amounts....  we are still missing exactly $500 which I hope gets posted by Monday...  if not the phone calls will begin.    Feeling very relieved.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Received full refund to credit card for May 18 Reflection cruise yesterday for all cruise costs.  Took 31 days.

Awaiting refund for refundable air fare from X as we booked through Flights by Celebrity.  Anyone else in this situation?

 

Have a call in to our Celebrity cruise planner and hope to hear next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cancelled May 9 cruise  Silhouette on March 23 on web page.

May 14 received credit for deposit and another credit for balance but still $800 short 

of total amount payed.   Hopefully that will show up soon without a call.  

Tom

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, JTSpitfire said:

Received full refund to credit card for May 18 Reflection cruise yesterday for all cruise costs.  Took 31 days.

Awaiting refund for refundable air fare from X as we booked through Flights by Celebrity.  Anyone else in this situation?

 

Have a call in to our Celebrity cruise planner and hope to hear next week.

I called Celebrity Air about my refund on my flight.  They told me it could take up to 2 billing cycles for a refund.  That's 60 or more days.  I disputed the cost with my credit card today.  Hopefully it will push the refund to the top of the pile.  🍷

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Still waiting for our last requested refund to post to our card. ($900 deposit).

 

We cancelled on 4/8.  On 5/8 we called X and were told the refund was "processed" on 4/24 and would take another 2 to 3 weeks..not sure why?  Hoping for a pleasant surprise soon..so we can move on.

 

The two refund threads could be combined at this point...

Edited by hcat
Link to post
Share on other sites

We cancelled on March 9 for Apex April 23 & May 3 cruises and have only received our port fees and taxes.  Still waiting--seems like a very long time to get any refunds and FCC. I will wait only 2 more weeks and then the phone calls will start again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw our refunds arrived back on our amex card on Thurs 14th (2 days ago). Our sailing was on Infinity on April 11th and we received notification of the cancellation on March 24th. We immediately submitted the form for a refund and just waited-we didn't try to call them. We booked through one of the big on-line cruise agents. Refunds are being processed everyone-just be patient.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I just saw our refunds arrived back on our amex card on Thurs 14th (2 days ago). Our sailing was on Infinity on April 11th and we received notification of the cancellation on March 24th. We immediately submitted the form for a refund and just waited-we didn't try to call them. We booked through one of the big on-line cruise agents. Refunds are being processed everyone-just be patient.

Just got back all our money on credit card for April 24, 2020, transatlantic on Reflection ! We applied for the refund immediately after the cancellation notice in March.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Link to post
Share on other sites

We HAD a btb on Apex for May 3rd and 10th with r/t flights thru Celebrity on AA.

 

The day after X cancelled them, that was on March 24th, we opted for the refunds.

 

* Airfare was completely refunded on April 19th.

* May 3rd trip was refunded on May 3rd, but short $423.00, however that was covered on May 6th. (4 separate refunds all together)

* May 10th cruise was refunded May 6th but is still short $1,200 out of $6,600.  (4 separate refunds, so far)

 

I never called or emailed Celebrity for updates.

One other tidbit -  The May 3rd trip was booked thru the cruise line, for May 10th our T/A handled it.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, NC State said:

Cruise date: March 28th

Celebrity canceled cruise on March 13th

Requested refund March 14th

After 2 phone calls and 1 email we received full refund May 14th!  Almost 9 weeks total.

One month is quite impressive, not as impressive as one week (there was a thread about it) but still a very good result. I think the sooner people react the sooner they get their money back. Some people are just being lazy or dont feel confident enough to bother the company with phone calls. I am glad you have received your refund in such a short period of time 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NJ Gal said:

We cancelled on March 9 for Apex April 23 & May 3 cruises and have only received our port fees and taxes.  Still waiting--seems like a very long time to get any refunds and FCC. I will wait only 2 more weeks and then the phone calls will start again. 

 

Still waiting, cancelled March 9th and cancellation confirmation received then too for May 11th sailing.  Told yesterday FCC "created and will be e-mailed next week" refund supposedly will be "disbursed" Wednesday.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, omeinv said:

For those with partial amounts missing, it's been worth a call.  If the amount is still in process they can tell you that; but if there was an error, it needs to be noted and manually corrected, so the remainder will get paid to you.  I'd certainly call and find out which situation applies in your case.

 

Harris

Denver, CO

 

I agree.  Of the 4 people that I know of on our May 2 Summit cruise all 4 were missing around 10%.  When I called they acknowledged the total of the 4 credits I received was the amount of my refund AND that it was not what I had paid.  After a brief hold she said the remainder was "held in penalty" in error and was processing the credit.  Said to expect it in a week to 10 days when I asked.  I confirmed not 60 days and she said no not 60 days.

 

If their making mistakes then I guess they have not been learning from their mistakes like most people do.

Edited by wrk2cruise
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hcat said:

Still waiting for our last requested refund to post to our card. ($900 deposit).

 

We cancelled on 4/8.  On 5/8 we called X and were told the refund was "processed" on 4/24 and would take another 2 to 3 weeks..not sure why?  Hoping for a pleasant surprise soon..so we can move on.

 

The two refund threads could be combined at this point...

Has anyone been successful getting a refund through a credit card but then receive partial refunds and an FCC from Celebrity?

The erratic refund process of some cruisers getting an FCC while others who have waited longer are still in the dark after two months must lead to accounting nightmares for the cruise companies and the card companies used to make payments.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

I agree.  Of the 4 people that I know of on our May 2 Summit cruise all 4 were missing around 10%.  When I called they acknowledged the total of the 4 credits I received was the amount of my refund AND that it was not what I had paid.  After a brief hold she said the remainder was "held in penalty" in error and was processing the credit.  Said to expect it in a week to 10 days when I asked.  I confirmed not 60 days and she said no not 60 days.

 

If their making mistakes then I guess they have not been learning from their mistakes like most people do.

 

We were on the same and next cruise as btb. Received 3 payments for 5/2 sailing but are short $155.89. Also received 3 payments for 5/9 sailing but are short $255.68. Tried calling today. Rep was trying to figure out what happened and we got disconnected. Called again and second rep said we have to wait till 45 days after cancellation date before they can review! It is a mess, different answer each time you call. Will try calling again tomorrow!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got some money refunded to for April 20th cruise which was cancelled on March 24 and refund requested the same day.   It came in 3 different amounts so I have no clue what it was for.  It is only about 60% of what is owed.  I wonder how much longer for the rest. !!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...