P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

52 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Once you’ve adjusted to the change you’ll never go back, I suspect. We ditched our Garmins about four years ago in favour of Google, and it’s much more up to date because of the constant traffic updates. Saved us from getting caught in a 10 mile jam a couple of weeks ago.

I agree Harry. I love Google maps for my car journeys. I always have it on for a longer journey even if I know the way as I can see then see the dreaded red line, indicating that traffic ahead is at a standstill, and it will then hopefully divert me if there’s a quicker way.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, brian1 said:

1st walk on the beach this year 20c but still cold in evenings.IMG_20230316_0922329521192.thumb.jpg.9ba3485abc35a6198e76b7023bbeb4db.jpg

I'm not envious at all sitting here on a dismal, damp 7c morning.😊

Nope, not envious at all.😐

Much.😉

Enjoy your sunshine, Sunshine.

Sis

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, pete14 said:

May be a bit of a drive for you but have you tried the outlet in Talke? Lots of clothes shops, including M&S outlet and they don’t open until 10:00 a.m.

I do go to the Talke outlet but recently I haven't found anything that I want there.  DH prefers Wolstanton because he likes the cheese and ham toasties in their cafe.  We have been to Wolstanton today and have got everything that we wanted.  I also got a jacket which I definitely didn't need but I liked it.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, kalos said:

Our lad who does HGV uses it daily to guide his truck up and down the country .

I also found this on Google  ... On average, Google Maps uses around 2.19MB of data for every hour you're on the road. For comparison, Spotify uses the same amount of data to play a three-minute song. If you have a 1GB data cap, it would take you over 457 hours of driving with Google Maps to reach your limit.

I have a payg phone,  as I hardly ever use my mobile. The disadvantage is that the data cost is expensive: 10p per mb, so using Google maps,  plus other updates,  would quickly deplete my balance (£5 lasts me a year !)

Think I'll just stick with my sat nav and the automatic radio traffic announcements. 

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

I do go to the Talke outlet but recently I haven't found anything that I want there.  DH prefers Wolstanton because he likes the cheese and ham toasties in their cafe.  We have been to Wolstanton today and have got everything that we wanted.  I also got a jacket which I definitely didn't need but I liked it.  

I love a bloke who gets his priorities right.Don't Greggs do designer clobber and toasties though?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

I have a payg phone,  as I hardly ever use my mobile. The disadvantage is that the data cost is expensive: 10p per mb, so using Google maps,  plus other updates,  would quickly deplete my balance (£5 lasts me a year !)

Think I'll just stick with my sat nav and the automatic radio traffic announcements. 

Same here but my Mrs 's phone is contract so sorted there .

I am led to believe that google map will work without wi-fi /data same as your sat-nav would.

Just need to download map before setting off . Still learning myself Wowzz and worst comes

to worst I still have my sat-nav.

38 minutes ago, kalos said:

Same here but my Mrs 's phone is contract so sorted there .

I am led to believe that google map will work without wi-fi /data same as your sat-nav would.

Just need to download map before setting off . Still learning myself Wowzz and worst comes

to worst I still have my sat-nav.

You could also try Waze - highly rated and better than Google maps by all accounts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just had an email purporting to be from DVLA stating my bank has refused payments for vehicle tax. the funny thing is I don't have a vehicle and have never owned one. They say I might be fined £3500.

Needless to say I did not click on the dodgy link and checked online. It is a scam of course.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Just had an email purporting to be from DVLA stating my bank has refused payments for vehicle tax. the funny thing is I don't have a vehicle and have never owned one. They say I might be fined £3500.

Needless to say I did not click on the dodgy link and checked online. It is a scam of course.

Snap, I have had a couple of those as well.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Thanks for the warning.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

5 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Snap, I have had a couple of those as well.

These guys help stop them if you report them .

https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/phishing-scams/report-scam-email#section_1

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Mine told me my monthly payment didn't go through, so my tax is cancelled.  I pay £20pa and pay it in one go.

Mine was similar, which of course made it easier to discount it as a scam, but I guess many people are taken in by them. 

Maybe we should send the scammers to Rwanda instead of asylum seekers.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Mine was similar, which of course made it easier to discount it as a scam, but I guess many people are taken in by them. 

Maybe we should send the scammers to Rwanda instead of asylum seekers.

Most of them probably already live in the region TJ.

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning. 

Happy St Patrick’s Day to you all, ! I am sure there will be a few headaches in the morning!!!

I couldn’t be bothered to cook last night so we went out, here are a couple of foodie pictures 

Have a lovely day everyone 

5E88E389-9513-40F2-9325-F29CC5F45C48.jpeg

C845D90B-4860-4187-8A9D-F617536F443C.jpeg

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Good Morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning. 

Happy St Patrick’s Day to you all, ! I am sure there will be a few headaches in the morning!!!

I couldn’t be bothered to cook last night so we went out, here are a couple of foodie pictures 

Have a lovely day everyone 

5E88E389-9513-40F2-9325-F29CC5F45C48.jpeg

C845D90B-4860-4187-8A9D-F617536F443C.jpeg

Looks fab Michelle. I hope you both had a lovely evening. Jane xx

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1