P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Would you recommend the hotel ? It certainly looks very good. Not cheap, but you have to pay for quality these days. Hope you don't mind the questions, but I am looking for a nice hotel for next June and this one is certainly a contender.

Thank you for the interest, yes I would recommend. Why not have a look at TripAdvisor for the hotel, I will post another one once we return home later in week. I would also add. We have been coming here on/ off for last 40 yrs, at least once a year for the last five yrs. My wife even longer, she came on holiday a few times with her parents. Tonight's menu below, ( still having odd probs posting pics too.        Ps. I post under a similar (name) on TA.

20230912_185312.jpg

20230912_193053.jpg

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Beckett said:

Yes! I always watch England Kalos - with varying degrees of disappointment usually. Let's hope England actually turn up tonight - they might as it's the auld enemy. Jane xx

Well that was fun wasn't it ?  Who's this new player Maguire ?? Scotland's scorer 😉🙃

9 hours ago, Beckett said:

@Grumpycruiser60plus Happy Anniversary! Have a lovely day both. Thanks for posting your photos and menus. Having been less than impressed with some of the P&O menus recently I'd choose yours every time! Best wishes. Jane xx

Thank you for those thoughts.  We come here because the standards of food, hotel staff, service e tc are & have been maintained for years. Jackets required in restaurant, staff .... Nothing is a problem.  Yes it is not cheap, but it runs at 90-95% capacity all year round, with a very high returning clientele. ( i e, no riff raff). sorry just me likening here.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well that was fun wasn't it ?  Who's this new player Maguire ?? Scotland's scorer 😉🙃

I guess they will say a win is a win but, especially in a game to celebrate 150 years of the fixture, you would think they would put a greater emphasis on entertainment. At times, the way England played was like watching beige paint dry. 

Edited by pete14
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I guess they will say a win is a win but, especially in a game to celebrate 150 years of the fixture, you would think they would put a greater emphasis on entertainment. At times, the way England played was like watching beige paint dry. 

Agree Pete ,all that playing in our own goal area is a bad habit they seem to do a lot 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

@Vampiress88 I hear your frustration and venting is actually quite healthy however as @kalos advises perhaps not on a public forum.

Things always look better in the morning. I hope they do for you.

I agree - I drafted a rant in the middle of last night about a nasty problem I have had for months (not to do with family, but a neighbour) and  then decided to delete it before entering, as although it is still the same situation it is not appropriate to put it here.  It does seem better in the daytime, and better to discuss it with either family - or a trusted friend in your case, if you still feel the same after a few hours to think about it.  Hopefully it has blown over already.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, kalos said:

Next it will be dynamic cruising ...Oh wait a minute 🙃

Joking apart ,when pubs do happy hours no one complains ,so when the pub has massive 

crowds . IE big football matches the punters expect service and not staff shortages .

When the match ends the pub could be empty in less than an hour . 

The pub trades have suffered as social /wmc clubs , lots of permanent closures in 

some cases . So I can see why they are trying dynamic pricing .

I'm going to practice dynamic consumption. I will dynamically go to the pub next door.🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Morning hope everyone's OK and happy today .🙂

Arguments are best sorted asap .I remember the wife used to say to me that I looked

like a flamingo when stood in the garden . I soon put my foot down 🙃😉

Have a good day everyone🙂

• Haha 12

9 hours ago, pete14 said:

I like beige paint - but not necessarily watching it dry!

Positives were Jude Bellingham and er Jude Bellingham.

Negative was the treatment of Harry Maguire. I'm not a fan and at times he was guilty of 'walking football', but I cannot bear it when the crowd turns against a player.  

Have a good day everyone.  Jane xx

• Like 2

Flu jag update day 2

Well OHs arm is really sore and stiff, mine is not too bad. I on the other hand have been taking Paracetamol for the headaches but not as bad today as it was yesterday.

Lovely sunny day here yet again today. This has been such a great run of good weather. It’s strange to see the autumn leaves falling at the same time as needing sunscreen to go out for a walk.

Hope it’s good where you are.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Morning everyone, it’s a lovely sunny day here after a cloudy and miserable day yesterday. I feel brighter already looking outside at the sun.

I have nothing planned really today, I need to get back to the gym so I might try make the effort there. I will take the dog out too at lunchtime much to her disgust, she is a true couch potato. She has been loving it this summer moving between the sofa and the sun lounger then into the shade to cool down.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I like beige paint - but not necessarily watching it dry!

Positives were Jude Bellingham and er Jude Bellingham.

Negative was the treatment of Harry Maguire. I'm not a fan and at times he was guilty of 'walking football', but I cannot bear it when the crowd turns against a player.  

Have a good day everyone.  Jane xx

Yes Bellingham was exceptional again, hard to believe he is only 20 plays with a maturity beyond his years. I also thought Lewis Dunk had an excellent debut and will probably be challenging Maguire for the centre back position, especially if the latter fails to get any significant amount of playing time with United, he seems to be out of favour with Ten Haag. Kyle Walker once again showed that he probably the best right back in Britain, and one the best in the world. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

@Peanut006 how is your grandson?

@Adawn47 how are you and Frank? 

He is doing well thank you. His mum got him some food supplements prescribed from the Drs, like a Complan type of drink I believe. The swelling has gone down and he isn’t taking painkillers which is good. He is going back to school today.

Michelle

• Like 14

Just now, Peanut006 said:

He is doing well thank you. His mum got him some food supplements prescribed from the Drs, like a Complan type of drink I believe. The swelling has gone down and he isn’t taking painkillers which is good. He is going back to school today.

Michelle

That’s positive then. Hope he continues to improve.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

Thank you for the interest, yes I would recommend. Why not have a look at TripAdvisor for the hotel, I will post another one once we return home later in week. I would also add. We have been coming here on/ off for last 40 yrs, at least once a year for the last five yrs. My wife even longer, she came on holiday a few times with her parents. Tonight's menu below, ( still having odd probs posting pics too.        Ps. I post under a similar (name) on TA.

20230912_185312.jpg

20230912_193053.jpg

11 hours ago, Grumpycruiser60plus said:

20230912_185312.jpg

20230912_193053.jpg

Many thanks for the menu and comments. I have done some research and looked on trip advisor. The hotel has gone from a contender to a must do ! It will be a nice break next June, I have relatives about an hour away so will be able to visit.

Enjoy the rest of your stay.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning all, hope you are all well and those that aren't are on the mend.

Another sunny day down here and expected to be warm.

I have started my packing and am nearly done, just one or two more bits to be added then finished off in the morning. So one of my 'to do' lists is nearly complete🙂 One can wait til I get home as it is for my next trip.

Apparently the Northern Lights were visible in Penzance last night, so hopefully we will see them when we're on our cruise.🤞

Pam

• Like 9

37 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Yes Bellingham was exceptional again, hard to believe he is only 20 plays with a maturity beyond his years. I also thought Lewis Dunk had an excellent debut and will probably be challenging Maguire for the centre back position, especially if the latter fails to get any significant amount of playing time with United, he seems to be out of favour with Ten Haag. Kyle Walker once again showed that he probably the best right back in Britain, and one the best in the world. 

All agreed. I forgot about Lewis Dunk - also played with maturity and vision. Kyle Walker is still so fast and rarely lets England down. Bellingham's the boy though. I see a great future for him as long as he's surrounded by the right people. Have a good day. Jane xx

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, it’s a lovely sunny day here after a cloudy and miserable day yesterday. I feel brighter already looking outside at the sun.

I have nothing planned really today, I need to get back to the gym so I might try make the effort there. I will take the dog out too at lunchtime much to her disgust, she is a true couch potato. She has been loving it this summer moving between the sofa and the sun lounger then into the shade to cool down.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Strange how your dog and myself have had the same summer😎

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 13