P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Raining quite heavily here now and the temp is 3 deg C.  Hopefully the snow will all have gone by the time I need to pop out to our local (150yds away) Sainsburys for some milk.

Mowtown weather here; Three degrees, four tops. All our snow had washed away by 08:00 ish, so into Barnsley for breakfast and a mooch. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, 9265359 said:

Currently sat in a bar in Funchal enjoying a cold drink after a very pleasant day cruising up from Tenerife on Azura - when we finally got to Tenerife after the aircraft had to be de-iced twice at Gatwick on Saturday. 

Full sunbathing on deck weather yesterday, and although slightly cloudy today, still very pleasant. 

IMG_0473.thumb.jpeg.b96a737fb91f6e0f6dfb4cf91c4596e2.jpeg

Hope you are keeping Azura in good shape - I’ll be boarding on Saturday!   

• Like 1

Currently 4C but feels like 1C very dull and wet, most of snow has gone.

No volunteer session today as there is a big pool of water outside the entrance which is making access difficult, so a decision has been made to close the site today due to water and general condition of the ground. Hopefully estates team will be out to resolve the reoccurring pool issue.

Now waiting for a delayed Amazon delivery, should have come yesterday but understandably it was rescheduled for today. 

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 2

A very grey and wet day here.

It is my niece's funeral today so we are in for a cold wet visit to the crematorium.  We will be back there next Wednesday for her dad's funeral and then next Friday for a friend's funeral.  

We will soon have reserved seats because we seem to spend so much time there. 

• Like 24

6 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It is my niece's funeral today so we are in for a cold wet visit to the crematorium.  We will be back there next Wednesday for her dad's funeral and then next Friday for a friend's funeral.  

Hope all goes as well as possible for you today. So sorry you and your family are having such a sad time.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

A sad time for you all Josy and I cannot imagine what it’s like for you all. But also a time to remember many happy times with them and to celebrate their lives. I will be thinking of you all

Michelle

• Like 9

My heart goes out to you and your family Josy, It is not easy but you are strong and you will get through this.

Take comfort in the support you have clearly offered to others but please do take some time for yourself as well.

• Like 9

Hope all went well for your family at such a horrendous time for you all.

Not an easy time ahead but as others have said you will remember them all

but sometimes your happy times ,shared with them ,can be painful memories

but they are memories you will treasure Josy 

Best wishes and take care 🙂

Edited by kalos
  • Like 12

For the cheese lovers out there. Asda are selling a special Scottish cheese called “the Minger” for Christmas.

For those who have not tried this it is a feast for the senses. It really stinks (really stinks, much worse that stinking bishop)but tastes absolutely amazing. Leave it to warm and it ouzes onto the cheese board.

I never thought a major supermarket would sell this so a nice surprise. Try it!

• Like 7

We’re just coming back up across Biscay from our Queen Victoria Canaries cruise. The ship is a bit rocky today but only 3 to 4 metre swell which is a lot less than people have experienced during November but more than we had on the way down 10 days ago.

It’s been a very relaxing enjoyable cruise and we dock in Southampton on Wednesday. I know that this is a P&O forum but I’ll put some overall summary thoughts about the cruise and Cunard when I get back because some who read this thread cruise on Cunard or may be considering it.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

I know that this is a P&O forum but I’ll put some overall summary thoughts about the cruise and Cunard when I get back because some who read this thread cruise on Cunard or may be considering it.

We enjoyed our time on the Vic ,one very pretty ship and look forward to your thoughts onboard .

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

So sad Josy.

4fb348aca76f1cc68f2a32675a89a763.gif

• Like 8

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.  The funeral was an unusual experience for us in that it was non-religious but the celebrant was lovely. 

My niece had always said that she wanted a cremation and that we should leave the crematorium to the song "burn baby burn" and her husband had arranged for it to be played as we left the crematorium.

I apologise to any one in Staffordshire who had a long wait at UHNM  today due to the number of staff who who were missing to be at the funeral including 3 surgeons, one of whom came to chat with my husband  because he was the surgeon who did DH's heart op 15 years ago.

• Like 23

What a great sense of humour your niece must have had Josy. On such a sad day, Burn Baby Burn must have brought a smile to many faces.

How lovely that so many eminent staff attended. Your niece obviously touched many hearts.

I know you have to do all this again in too short a time but for now, rest, gather your strength and rejoice in the happy memories you have of a girl who was much loved.

My love and best wishes to you all.  Jane xx

• Like 13