P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Damp and breezy here this morning around 10C at the moment, wind has picked up in the last hour, due for gusts up to 45 mph around midday plus yet more rain.

Not really “going for a walk” weather so probably get to do some of those jobs saved for wet winters day, if I can remember what those jobs were! 

Watched the behind the scenes program on the Coronation Yesr last night, fascinating watching a jeweller effectively dismantling the Crowns in the Crown Jewels in order to alter them for the King and Queen to wear. 

• Like 5

Good morning everyone from a dull, and miserable corner of South Yorkshire. It's pouring down and very dark and windy here at a the moment, unfortunately it's forecast for the rest of the week too😒  I shall cheer myself up by sorting out the seeds and planning the gardenand greenhouse for spring. 

I think many of us, myself included, will be taking a leaf out of Josy's book and clearing out the remainder of Christmas and begining a more healthier diet. I spent some time yesterday revising a new menu and I'm currently waiting for my first 'healthy' Asda delivery this month😁

Have a good day everyone whatever the weather.

Keep warm and dry.x

Avril

• Like 9

14 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone from a dull, and miserable corner of South Yorkshire. It's pouring down and very dark and windy here at a the moment, unfortunately it's forecast for the rest of the week too😒  I shall cheer myself up by sorting out the seeds and planning the gardenand greenhouse for spring. 

I think many of us, myself included, will be taking a leaf out of Josy's book and clearing out the remainder of Christmas and begining a more healthier diet. I spent some time yesterday revising a new menu and I'm currently waiting for my first 'healthy' Asda delivery this month😁

Have a good day everyone whatever the weather.

Keep warm and dry.x

Avril

Plenty of Christmas still in our fridge and food cupboard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Nor me. I wait until February as my birthday is in January, and we too have a cruise booked from the middle of next month.

DW's birthday is mid February. Some of the stuff we said " not buying that this year " may last a few more weeks.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Nor me. I wait until February as my birthday is in January, and we too have a cruise booked from the middle of next month.

Same here. We always seem to buy too much. Wondering how out waist lines are going to cope going straight from  Christmas to a cruise. Think we may hit the sales and buy something big and baggy for when the other stuff shrinks on the ship !

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

Nasty morning here with a few flooded roads, it was still dark at 08:30 when we went for breakfast. What with the horrible weather and the colleges being on holiday it was like the zombie apocalypse in Barnsley, we were the only ones in Costa which is most unusual. Even the market was dead, usually people are out restocking their food supplies after throwing away the stuff they bought last week😃.

• Like 5

Hi Everyone

What a ghastly day! It's raining heavily, the wind's blowing a hoolie, and it's so dark that the automatic sensor lights on my little "old gits" estate have just come on. My dear little Ted, who hates going out when the weather's bad, is just gazing out of the window looking very smug!

Everyone seems to have had a lovely Christmas and I see a couple of you are now mentioning that dreadful four letter word - diet! I'll join the club too if I may.

Hunker down for the rest of the day and keep warm and safe - and well fed!

Best wishes.  Jane xx

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I see a couple of you are now mentioning that dreadful four letter word - diet! I'll join the club too if I may.

That's the problem folks ,you ask Santa for a fat bank balance and a slim body and he got it mixed up 😉 You all buy 2lb of chocolates and yet you put on 10lb's 🙃 Life's  not fair sometimes .

92b03b9cefef96604fae7d7c0444488c.jpg.70ef624c3493ce2f9200399a6860cad3.jpg

• Haha 13

5 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Damp and breezy here this morning around 10C at the moment, wind has picked up in the last hour, due for gusts up to 45 mph around midday plus yet more rain.

Not really “going for a walk” weather so probably get to do some of those jobs saved for wet winters day, if I can remember what those jobs were! 

Watched the behind the scenes program on the Coronation Yesr last night, fascinating watching a jeweller effectively dismantling the Crowns in the Crown Jewels in order to alter them for the King and Queen to wear. 

Stuff the crowns with newspaper to tighten them up, or push them down hard if too tight. They are only worn once in a blue moon.😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It’s a miserable day here too, was very dark this morning, we keep getting very heavy bursts of rain.

Hubby is working in the garage, not sure what he’s doing, whatever you men do in the garage I expect. I keep hearing the drill going..

I have just done a pile of ironing, going to have a coffee now before we go out to friends at 5pm

Diet for me too in the new year

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

I woke up this morning craving turkey and ham stew, but we went out for  Christmas Lunch and out Boxing Day.  The plan was that yesterday when we were out at my daughter's inlaws and we would  'nick' some leftovers from them and bring them back, but when we left people  were still eating (and drinking) so we slipped away without asking for a doggy bag.The doggy bag would have been given happily as we have spoken many times about the young ones wasting good food.🙃

I feel so cheated out of one of the best Christmas things that we are going to buy a small turkey crown at the weekend then two days later it will be time for the stew.  I won't put vinegar in like OH does😀😍

• Like 4

Good Morning all,

It's very quiet on here this morning!

Torrential showers here, but the sky is blue, and mild (12c) although it's still windy which is making it feel colder.

My granddaughter is due to fly down from Edinburgh today for the New Year, so we will have another family Christmas. It has seemed odd this year as one daughter went away, another has her MIL down so we haven't seen them either or my youngest son, although we will catch up with at some point.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 7

Another grey day here.  I decided that trip to Tesco was required to top up on vegetables and a few other bits snd bobs that we needed.  It was quite busy which surprised me.  Now nothing to do unless it suddenly brightens up enough to go for a walk.

I heard on the local radio that over 1000 homes in the north of the city were hit with power cuts last night. I hope that @Presto2 and @Pete14 weren't affected.

• Like 6

Hi only 8.c dull and drizzly here but better now the winds have subsided .

I spent a few hours yesterday watching the planes land in the stormy winds 

down at Heathrow via YouTube and see one I watched made the papers .

Going on poor old Jezza's  reaction as he filmed it ,this must be a very good 

laxative as I thought he was giving birth or summat 🤣

Have a good day 🙂

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Good morning everyone,  hope you are all ok today. It’s very windy here today, sun shining at the moment but rain is forecast. 

We have just had “brunch” and hubby has taken the dogs out for a walk. Our Cavalier is going to the vets at 3.30, think she has conjunctivitis. 

Going to friends later for drinks and she is doing a pie & pea supper. 

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7