P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

Robins, Blackbirds and Sparrows are regular nesting in ours well way from the house.

It's very dense and helps to protect them from the Sparrow hawk and Magpie.

Our next door neighbour has some tall conifers at the bottom of their garden and they have blackbirds nesting in them every year. We had some conifers too but had them removed as they were taking some of the light from the greenhouse. They would only remove them from November to February because of the birds.

Avril

• Like 6

Well today was the first day since last week that the winds have dropped and all the sand that’s been in the air has settled so it was a clean up today , mopping floors and tables and windows stills and patio furniture etc the only thing that didn’t get done was the car , it’s white or supposed to be so off to the spray car was tomorrow, when the sands get in the house it gets everywhere even in the shower, the windows have to stay open because it’s too hot to close them so it was nice to see blue skies this morning.

IMG_5564.jpeg

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

Robins, Blackbirds and Sparrows are regular nesting in ours well way from the house.

It's very dense and helps to protect them from the Sparrow hawk and Magpie.

We have

Robins.

Blackbirds.

Thrushes.

Wrens.

Wood pigeons.

Finch's 

Blue tits.

Sparrow's.

All nesting around our garden.

We also have a hedgehog and a couple of wild rabbits.

• Like 16

12 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Bet that some of the "business plans" are less realistic!

That certainly was the case this evening, one even abandoned their plan in the program and fell back on his existing business.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

We have

Robins.

Blackbirds.

Thrushes.

Wrens.

Wood pigeons.

Finch's 

Blue tits.

Sparrow's.

All nesting around our garden.

We also have a hedgehog and a couple of wild rabbits.

Excellent, All the more reason not to trim hedges at peak nesting time

• Like 3

It's a nice day today although only about 10˚C at the moment and so we're off for the day...

Some people search for an eclipse... a moments darkened and then a brilliant Sun. We'll settle for a few warm rays and a bit of blue sky today.

Best Wishes to all

• Like 7

Clear blue skies and 12° here ths morning, I just hope it lasts 🤞.  Nothing planned other than the school run and staying in the house.  I have developed a bad cold which will make bowling fun tomorrow afternoon but at least I will be out getting fresh air and exercise.

My sister has threatened us with a visit tomorrow morning with her toddler grandson who likes to explore the bungalow looking for the non-existent stairs 🤣

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

🎵 I wonder how you're feeling There's ringing in my ears🎵

I hate it but it will fade away eventually !

A bright 11.c start to the day for us .

Hope you all have a good day 🙂

• Like 8

A cloudy morning here 9C, although forecast says is currently sunny, probably is above the clouds!

Hope to finish off removing Ivy from lower wall today, the unexpected rain late yesterday afternoon stopped my work on it. Once that is done just one more area to be removed, which in a more awkward spot behind the rockery. Once that is done then I will tackle killing off the rootstock, have found a few suggestions online so will try the safer versions suggested.

As hawthorn hedge not yet in full leaf will trim the top of it before it gets too high, have checked there are no birds nesting in it. I think they may have realised it’s a killing ground for the local Sparrowhawk who sits on garage roof waiting for an opportunity to strike. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Good morning.

Clear skies and 11°C at the moment.

Nothing planned for today.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to today and the weekend.

Should be warn and sunny today. Time to get the car cleaned.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Hope to finish off removing Ivy from lower wall today, the unexpected rain late yesterday afternoon stopped my work on it. 

We had unexpected light rain as well not long after I’d applied washing up liquid solution onto our patio to kill the moss, I’ll have to do it again if the rain nullified it.

• Like 2

Just catching up, you’ll be pleased to know we have some sun! I’ve packed our bag ready for Bournemouth later, looks like it’s due to be dry for the weekend up there. Looking forward to getting away.

Have a good day everyone. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Caullkhead said:

I did speak to my friend down Levant road yesterday, she was still there somewhere! 🤣

Thinking of Cornwall, we haven't heard much from our host recently. I hope she is OK.

• Like 7

All ok here,no missing bits after yesterday! Thank you all so much for all your good wishes,   What a difference they make.💕

Too early for any results, four lots of strong back, leg and groin injections under almost GA.  I can handle the back and leg pain but it is the groin pain they just cannot find a reason for so hope  this will help a bit, by which time I should be up on the local pain clinic list.  I have been on it about 9 months already.    I am not expecting to run round the block, just a bit of pain relief without going doolally as I do a bit on the high morphine patches🤣😆   Hospital seemed like a  Georgian house,  lovely.  

As for hotel, well it was like a mini town with three towers apparently.  We finally found our rooms but were hungry and went straight away.  It advertised "Come to our friendly kitchen cafe.. bring the family"  The menu was about 6 or 8 dishes.  All seemed well over £30..  My daughter and I ordered a near £40 steak and ordered them  med/well but they came up almost uncooked.  They went back. I ate mine the second time although it was barely med/rare, my daughter didn't so that was taken off the bill.  The service was dire,  and very very slow ie 2o minutes before drink order and had to actually wave to get any attention so off came the 12 and a half pc.  I think some of these hotels think they can fleece the tourist so get away with it which is such a shame.

I got nurses to tell OH no household matters for me for three months!! I won't print the reply.  

I will say publicly though that I am so glad OH was with me during the  first episode (accident) and he fully understands everything and has been a diamond, especially dealing with me during agony episodes, I thank him so much.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 21

So good to hear from you.  A shame about your hotel restaurant - but no doubt you will feel that is of little importance compared with what you have been going through.  There is no doubt illness or disability concentrate the mind wonderfully in what really matters, and make you appreciate the good simple things in life, like a good family and friends,  spring blossom, etc. etc. and fret less about unimportant stuff  (Though we all do sometimes of course).

Here's hoping it was a worthwhile visit.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Quick question. Do P&O still go into central Amsterdam?

I'm fairly certain they don't although I was looking on line and they were advertising Ventura going to Amsterdam.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

Thinking of Cornwall, we haven't heard much from our host recently. I hope she is OK.

Because we're being good little posters?😇

I hope that's the only reason zap

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I'm fairly certain they don't although I was looking on line and they were advertising Ventura going to Amsterdam.

That is the one I was looking at and it defiantly says Amsterdam and not Imugen. 

You would  think that if was going to change it would have done so by now.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon everyone.

We have arrived at our hotel,after waving goodbye to family this morning. The weather has decided to be a very pleasant 14* sunny & a light breeze. The hotel staff are very welcoming  & attentive.  

After a couple of cold drinks outside on the sun terrace, we took a walk along   coastal path to Charlestown,  used In shows like Poldark/ The Eagle  has Landed etc. 

It is so nice to be able to enjoy the much needed warmer weather.  

I will post menu/ pics  tomorrow hopefully once we get back from a visit to The Lost Gardens of Heligan,assuming we find them using my sat/nav.

Some pics  to follow for now.

20240412_113608.jpg

20240412_113740.jpg

20240412_113816.jpg

20240412_131615.jpg

20240412_150630.jpg

• Like 14

Good morning.

Wakey wakey.

It is 9°C and cloudy here.

I'm currently eating my breakfast porridge and watching A Place in the sun on TV.

I hope everyone is well and looking forward to the weekend.

• Like 13

Good morning everyone, hope you are all ok today.

I am awake Graham!!! Just had breakfast and need to start the day now as all sorts of bits of things to do. 

The floor in the kitchen/ dining room is finished so hubby paining that today.

Indiana123 hope you are feeling ok today

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 11

I’m up too Graham out on the patio having my cup of tea relaxing before dad gets up .

Well we had a really lovely surprise last night , there was a knock at the outside door, luckily the patio doors were still open and low & behold it was my youngest son and his lovely fiancée turned up to surprise us and to see his papa , they saw the weather we were getting and got fed up of the uk rain . Fingers crossed it remains hot enough for them .

• Like 11