P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Well you see some bonkers suggestions on community groups on a certain social media site, but the one I saw today is probably up there with the best of them.

Basically to put it into plain English, she was blaming the council for planting wild flowers and failing to do an impact assessment on the effect on hay fever sufferers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

Hello all, wow @yorkshirephil and @brian1 what an adventure you had. Sorry your trip ended early but at least you are safe. Happy birthday to Mrs YP, hope her day wasn’t spoilt too much.

Thankyou @Eddie99 for the advice on the Cunard Blogs, I shall have a look. It looked a fabulous event in Liverpool although I feel sorry for the people on the actual maiden who didn’t get much special on their cruise!

I met a friend in Rochester today and had a good lunch and catch up. The weather was really quite warm. A drama later with my mum but all resolved now ( I hope!)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

My photos taken on my phone haven’t transferred to my iPad yet that I wrote the last post on!

So - here are some photos from Rochester including a dragon in the Cathedral! The gardens are at the Cathedral too.

IMG_0849.jpeg

IMG_0846.jpeg

IMG_0845.jpeg

IMG_0841.jpeg

• Like 14

Good morning.

It is a lot cooler 7°C but it is sunny with clear blue skies.

I hope everyone had a good sleep and are looking forward to today.

Nothing planned although Pauline wants to cut our front grass.

I hope everyone has a happy day.

• Like 8

Good morning.  It is a bit cool but sunny 

20240605_071101.thumb.jpg.d2f1d17394249111c064ea2954602559.jpg

We watched the Starmer Sunak debate last night so were up late but I heard my phone ping with a message at 5:45 so got up incase it was an emergency.  It was the children's dad letting me know that he gave his son "some headache tablets" last night but he only had 2 so could I give him 2 before school this morning.  Have a good day everyone.

• Like 10

Good morning everyone, hope you are all well this morning.

It’s a sunny/cloudy day here today, hubby says it feels cool out as well.

I might take my mum for a stroll into Lytham this morning then it’s dog walking and a visit to the gym for me. 

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Basically to put it into plain English, she was blaming the council for planting wild flowers and failing to do an impact assessment on the effect on hay fever sufferers.

Makes you wonder what goes through some folks heads ?

Picture this ..We have scaffold up ,all the tiles from our roof are in a skip on the driveway.

You look up and see new roof felt and slats ,ready for the new tiles that will go up today ,

one they are delivered .

The other night we get a lad knock on the door ,with a pile of leaflets in his hand ..

He asks .."  Are we thinking of having roof repairs ?" 

I just gave him a knowing look and said .." Your're not very good at this job are you?"

That lad will go far ..probably the next village by now 🙃

Have a good day folks 🙂 

• Haha 16

Posted (edited)

Landing craft being lined up before D Day in Southampton on berths 101 to 106 where the City, Horizon and Mayflower terminals are now. My dad remembered how all of the Southampton parks, the Common and all roads in surrounding areas had troops and vehicles camped out prior to the big day.

image.thumb.jpeg.997135aa6c5e035468987ad318630f7b.jpeg

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 14

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning.  It is a bit cool but sunny 

20240605_071101.thumb.jpg.d2f1d17394249111c064ea2954602559.jpg

We watched the Starmer Sunak debate last night so were up late but I heard my phone ping with a message at 5:45 so got up incase it was an emergency.  It was the children's dad letting me know that he gave his son "some headache tablets" last night but he only had 2 so could I give him 2 before school this morning.  Have a good day everyone.

Unfortunately I missed it .I can get it on replay and watch it....when we're out.🤣

• Haha 6

Posted (edited)

We went out for a ruby last night to celebrate Mrs YP's birthday, we didn't go to bed yesterday after travelling all night as we felt it would mess up our sleep cycle, but we were fine. We had a cracking meal and a few glasses of Cobra beer to swill it down.

I did stay in bed till 08:30 by which time Mrs YP had two loads of washing on the line and a bag of garden waste. It was sunny and bright when I got up but we have just had a rain shower so all hands to get the washing in as it was nearly dry, don't you just hate that?

20240604_180048.jpg

20240604_182332.jpg

Edited by yorkshirephil
  • Like 19
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We went out for a ruby last night to celebrate Mrs YP's birthday, we didn't go to bed yesterday after travelling all night as we felt it would mess up our sleep cycle, but we were fine. We had a cracking meal and a few glasses of Cobra beer to swill it down.

I did stay in bed till 08:30 by which time Mrs YP had two loads of washing on the line and a bag of garden waste. It was sunny and bright when I got up but we have just had a rain shower so all hands to get the washing in as it was nearly dry, don't you just hate that?

20240604_180048.jpg

20240604_182332.jpg

Nice photos Phil.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

20240604_180048.jpg

20240604_182332.jpg

What a shame you couldn’t celebrate on the cruise!   Two years ago I  went on a Tui river cruise on the Rhine and it was the opposite problem - not enough water as there had been a drought!  

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

What a shame you couldn’t celebrate on the cruise!   Two years ago I  went on a Tui river cruise on the Rhine and it was the opposite problem - not enough water as there had been a drought!  

Bet you could walk off the boat though 😉.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, Ilovemygarden said:

It was a pity but hey ho. I have just booked a river cruise on the Douro for next year to celebrate Mrs YP's next birthday, so we were not put off. We have booked with Saga for that one so have door to door delivery plus as I have told Mrs YP she now qualifies as an old duffer.

• Like 7
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

It was a pity but hey ho. I have just booked a river cruise on the Douro for next year to celebrate Mrs YP's next birthday, so we were not put off. We have booked with Saga for that one so have door to door delivery plus as I have told Mrs YP she now qualifies as an old duffer.

You're the dynamic Douro.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Tell her from me that she does not have to be an old duffer, just accompanying one over 50, even if she is only 40.  And that is presumably your good self.  So there.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I have told Mrs YP she now qualifies as an old duffer.

Oh you golden-tongued smoothie you. Be still my beating heart🥰

Avril

• Haha 6

Good morning, where are the early risers today.  I was woken by the birds at just after 4am and gave up trying to go back to sleep so got up at 4:45 to do the housework, as DH says it is fortunate that we are detached.

It is a bit grey at the moment and only 12° but hopefully it will stay dry and warm up later.

Have a great day.

• Like 5

Good morning it is only 9c but looks very bright so hopefully we will be having a sunny day. For the past week or so I have been waking up about 3 or 4 times a night it’s now getting on me nerves as by about 7 in the evening I can feel myself nodding off, might try a couple of drinks tonight see if that helps.

• Like 5

Morning . Looks to be the making of a dry decent day for us .

The lads all relatives of  ours have done a great job and should get the last 

part of the tiles on the roof today .

I can't think of a joke for you about roofs but I do know it was always my 

Grandads ambition to be a roofer......

So Grandad  ,if your up there listening 🙃😉

Have a good day and take care 🙂

• Haha 5